trmptdrummer

Custom playmat in progress

Here is a playmat I am currently working on. It has a spot for dragon balls, MP, Mastery, deck, discard, and exile. The dragon balls can be used to track anger. It might be too busy and I don't know how I feel about Goku and Piccolo in the back. 

Just wanted to know what people thought and any improvements I can make. I may label things later. 

Screen_Shot_2015_01_13_at_12_37_36_PM.pn

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I am a super amateur photoshoper and like to hear others opinions. I guess I got hooked on having card slots from playing Dice Masters. I'll make a mockup of one with out all the card slots and see how it looks. 

how good can you do a frieza and cooler transformation mat

Here is the playmat soviet prince requested. This is the preliminary idea I had. I am not totally sure this is what he wanted. There isn't really a way that I can think of to add both Cooler and Frieza without cluttering up the mat. Another problem I am having is what to do for the background. I tried to make it look like he did at each stage of the transformation while maintaining his appearance at the previous stage. I also worked on the scale since he changes sizes.

Screen_Shot_2015_01_24_at_11_37_58_AM.pn

Here is my updated Gohan pic. I added youth pictures. I also removed the overlay. 

Screen_Shot_2015_01_24_at_11_45_23_AM.pn

Now I am thinking about making a Goku, Vegeta, Gogeta, and Vegito playmat. 

Soviet Prince: Are there any changes you would like to see? The grey is just the outer window from photoshop. It'll be gone on the final version. 

Devils fan: I think I can do that pretty easily.

was wondering what the dragonball on the side of the other mats rep? Also how would the mat look like with deck zones with the mp zone being more in the middle then the offical one?

The Dragon Balls are just a visual Touch. You can use the first 5 to track anger if you wish. 

Like this?

Screen_Shot_2015_01_25_at_11_08_41_PM.pn

killer idea (in my mind), have the same gohan image and piccolo next to him on the left facing inward powering up as well with the dragon behind them in the middle. no dragonballs on the side though, and use more of a sky color vs the gray.

nifty work for sure. you need to get a site up and start selling people mats. bet you could make a decent chunk of change doing so

Naw man. This is a hobby I will gladly do for free. Plus I don't own any of the images. There is a great place called printers studio Inked Playmats that will print these on playmat material for $20. 

killer idea (in my mind), have the same gohan image and piccolo next to him on the left facing inward powering up as well with the dragon behind them in the middle. no dragonballs on the side though, and use more of a sky color vs the gray.

I need to find a place to upload the high res pics for people to use. I don't know how many people use BoardGameGeek, but they have some of my high res stuff. Is this something you might want?