Stryyder

Fantastic Promos (and where to find them)

Image Links update

P5 - Saiyan Offensive Rush - Set 5 release event binder promo
P6 - Namekian Onslaught - 2015 Worlds Entry Prize
P11 - Saiyan Energy Focus - 2015 Worlds Entry Prize
P12 - Black Back Strike - ARG Regional Top Cut
P13 - Saiyan Aerial Attack - ARG Regional promo
P14 - Heroic Energy Sphere - 2015 Worlds Entry Prize
P15 - Villainous Energy Sphere - 2015 Worlds Entry Prize

P1 - Namekian Knowledge Mastery (MRP)

P3 - Black Corruption (MRP) - Set 5 Release event participation promo

P6 - Quickness Drill (MRP) - Set 5 Release event winner promo

Set 5 - Perfection

P4 - Visiting the Past

Considering how scarce they are now thanks to Red Ruthless Turles/Tien I hope we end up getting a Red Relaxation Promo down the road but it seems very unlikely since the next round of Promos we're getting are Blinding Energy Move, Blue Dominance, Orange Uppercut, and Black Swirl.

Kinda makes me wonder how Panini is going to botch these up after what happened with Visiting The Past especially the alt. art choices they decide to go with for some of these Promo reprints as well. MRP reminder text is a joke when all it does is ruin the cards' authenticity.

I think at some point, they got heavy-handed with the promo count, especially for locals. We only just finished up set 2 promos and recently set 3. We're in the middle of set 5....

I think the best series of promos had to be set 1 with the exception of Black Scout, Blue Terror, and Saiyan Power Up. Why do styled promos if you're not going to do one for each? And Saiyan Power Up? Really? I really appreciated all the freestyle promos. Not only were they foil, they helped players start/finish playsets with less singles and packs. They may not have all been good cards, but named cards and staples help players get interested.

Meanwhile in set 2... they picked A LOT of terrible styled rares. I mean, where did the named cards go? Wouldn't you have liked to see Tenshinhan's Draining Blast? Nappa's Energized Charge? Maybe just me, but Trunks' Sword Stance? And where the heck was Crushing Beam and Focused Assault?

Set 3 was mostly fine. They picked some decent choices, but they were all for high level events. Saiyan Offensive Rush was the most offensive choice. In a pool of almost all played reprints, nobody played it and nobody wanted it.

Set 4 feels like a waste. We have to win their corrected mistakes? And they're not even alternate art? Put in some effort... We still have some numbers to fill in, but I hope these don't last very long.

Set 5 is looking to be like set 3 where they'll be played cards and mostly for organized play, at least with Visiting in there. This is making me worried that the set 4 ones will last a while just as set 2 did. A shame because they're so bland and effortless.

This is all nitpicky nonsense to some I'm sure. I should be grateful for these because they don't have to do them. To me, if you're going to do them anyway, can't you make cards people want? It would've taken just as much effort to stick Crushing Beam, Focused Assault, and named cards into set 2 as it took to put out those lousy styled rares.

As far as set 2, I don't see Draining Blast and Sword Stance being any better than the styled rares they picked.  Tri Beam made TDB jank and Stance was jank from the outset.  Maybe the Nail Omni block or something, but the named cards in that set really aren't that interesting.  Set 4 is definitely disappointing since they are basically just MRP with template updates.

Set 5 looks to be decent, VTP, Black Swirl, BEM, Dominance.  I like the fact that they are going back and picking staples rather than just sticking with cards from the matching set.  I think that was the problem with Set 1 and 2, they tried to pick cards they thought would be big, but not all of them ended up that way.

I'd like to see some more promo MPs like they did in set 1, without them having to be all new SDCC stuff like Godku and Golden Frieza.

It's not so much that named rares would be better in set 2, but it would be consistent with what came before. Draining Blast is bad now, but back then? Tien ran at least one. Should I have named Nappa's? Would it have been better if they incorporated the uncommon named cards? I just feel like I'd rather have named stuff than styled garbage regardless of quality.

Set 5 looks decent, but if it's anything like set 3's distribution, they're only for high level events which I suppose is fine in its own way. Just a shame that they can't just pick good stuff for promos all the time. There's certainly enough good cards to do this with.

Draining Blast is still a solid 1 of in Tien despite it's steep cost though most of the time you're going to want to win with Tri-Beam anyway which works amazingly well with Preparation, Red Leap, and Red Cross Check for the +2 life card damage mod.

Anyone else feels like every set got way to many promo's? I mean it's not clear and it takes a lot of time (read money) to get all those promo's to complete sets as a collector. I wish every set had just 10 promo's like Score had. 

They seem to be toning down with Set 4 and on.  I can't see them doing many more.  I JUST finished my set 1-3 promo collection, cost a lot of time and money indeed.

They seem to be toning down with Set 4 and on.  I can't see them doing many more.  I JUST finished my set 1-3 promo collection, cost a lot of time and money indeed.

You also got a P14 HES and P15 VES??? o.0

Yes he does , I know he's madesome deals with my friend to get some of the world oromos lol must be an awesome collection , I got my set 1 promos complete and im done trying to complete the other sets

Anyone else feels like every set got way to many promo's? I mean it's not clear and it takes a lot of time (read money) to get all those promo's to complete sets as a collector. I wish every set had just 10 promo's like Score had. 

LOL The way Score did promos? Cheaper? Easier to aqcuire? LOL

Yes, I acquired all the worlds promos.  Wasn't easy.  I miss having two kidneys.... 

(I'm kidding.)

(I don't miss the other one)

Yes, I acquired all the worlds promos.  Wasn't easy.  I miss having two kidneys.... 

(I'm kidding.)

(I don't miss the other one)

Thats hilarious lol.

So how much did you pay. Ive seen them on ebay 3 of each for the best offer. How many are there? 128 of each?

There were 32 players in worlds that received them and I think the 2 high points winners so that's 34 X 3 = 102 of each.  I paid around $375 for one(Christmas gift to myself), traded 1 digs, 2 VES(print 1) and $100 for the second, if I recall.

Fixed.  Also, for anyone interested, if you look at last Friday's blog post, you'll see the "mystery picture" of Roshi from the A13 movie balancing plates.  That is likely the promo art for BSD.

Fixed. Also, for anyone interested, if you look at last Friday's blog post, you'll see the "mystery picture" of Roshi from the A13 movie balancing plates. That is likely the promo art for BSD.

Yup