Sign in to follow this  
TrunksTLS

Mobile: DBZ Dokkan

DBZ has a really fun mobile card/puzzle game on Android and iPhone called Dokkan. I've been playing it for a few weeks and it's actually quite enjoyable and the support on it is solid. Events every day, updates with new content every week and the fremium model isn't punitive for FTP folks.

Thought people might be interested!

Been playing for a few weeks now.  I usually get bored of a freemium title within a month or two, and I really don't expect this one to be different, but for the moment, it is quite fun.

+ Lots of content for the DBZ fan, but not TOO much constant upkeep like the other DBZ Freemium game.

+ interesting gameplay, a color-wheel esque orb puzzle.

+ Skill level from normal to ultra hard makes sense and works well.

- Somewhat repetative, though that's every freemium

- FTP is noticeably slow.  In essence, it takes 50 "dragon stones" to do a multi-summon which guarantee's you a SR or SSR (i.e. GOOD) character.  You get maybe 1 or 2 a day if you are diligent, plus a few more here and there.  otherwise they sell them starting at $1 per stone.  Once you start getting your characters at top level and try and max out their abilities it eats up your other currency (zeni) pretty quickly.

- event characters that are random drops are pretty hard to get.

Currently my team consists of

- TEQ Goku SR (Full awakened)

- AGL Bardock R*

- AGL Fasha SR

- TEQ Krillin SR**

- STR Vegeta SR (Full awakened)

- TEQ Gohan SR (Full awakened)

I just started playing it a few days ago.

Couldn't hold onto my Dragon Stones to do a Multi-Summon...but still got a SR (Power Android #16)

Trying to do a bit of the Bardock / Kid Vegeta / Chilled event before it ends, but I think I started too late to do anything of interest. Would be really fun to have a Bardock's Team...team.

By the way, there's talk of making a section for the game here:

http://dbztoptier.com/forums/index.php/topic/5224-dbz-dokkan-battle-any-interest/

Is your phone jailbroken?  They put in a failsafe so that the app won't work if your phone has been tampered with.  Although, I haven't heard anything about that making it unable to download.

I finally got an SSR! 35 days and not a cent spent!

My line up:

80 SSR Goku Agl (kid) - z-awakened

80 SSR Vegeta Int (kid) - z-awakened

80 SSR Gohan phy (kid) - z-awakened

78 SSR Tien Str - z-awakened

62 SSR Goku Agl

66 SSR Nappa teq - z-awakened

I finally got an SSR! 35 days and not a cent spent!

My line up:

80 SSR Goku Agl (kid) - z-awakened

80 SSR Vegeta Int (kid) - z-awakened

80 SSR Gohan phy (kid) - z-awakened

78 SSR Tien Str - z-awakened

62 SSR Goku Agl

66 SSR Nappa teq - z-awakened

Pretty badass team.  Unfortunately I don't have ANY SSRs.  I am close to awakening Bardock and Krillin to SSR but I need a LOT more bubbles medals.  I just don't play that often, lol.  Maybe 2-3 quests per day.

I'll admit I dropped money in the store because I'm an idiot.

I've got the full Bardock team, all awakened (minus Fasha and SSJ Bardock) as my go to right now. I also have SSR Final Form Frieza and SSR AGL SSJ Goku.

Well, I actually decided to focus a bit more on the game and ended up doing pretty well.  Picked up SR Piccolo Jr (first "chance" event character I've gotten) and ended up with SR Raditz and SSR Frieza from summons.  Figure now I'll focus on storyline until the next event.  I'm close to full awakening a bunch of characters, but at least 3 of them need 20 bubbles medals each, so I hope they bring back the daily medal event soon.

As an android fan I've had some pretty lucky summons. I've yet to spend money in game too. 

Team 

Blue SSR 17 (awakened)

Orange SR 18 (awakened and fully leveled)

Orange SR 16 lvl 57 (3 of 4 awakens)

Purple SR Gero (3 of 4 awakens)

Red SR 19 (Awakened and fully leveled)

Green SSR Freiza 

I really want a green android, so I'm hoping that they do an Android 13 event with his minions like they did this Bardock one. I have a green SR nappa, Green SR Guldo, Blue SR Piccalo, and Blue SR Gohan as well. 

As an android fan I've had some pretty lucky summons. I've yet to spend money in game too. 

Team 

Blue SSR 17 (awakened)

Orange SR 18 (awakened and fully leveled)

Orange SR 16 lvl 57 (3 of 4 awakens)

Purple SR Gero (3 of 4 awakens)

Red SR 19 (Awakened and fully leveled)

Green SSR Freiza 

I really want a green android, so I'm hoping that they do an Android 13 event with his minions like they did this Bardock one. I have a green SR nappa, Green SR Guldo, Blue SR Piccalo, and Blue SR Gohan as well. 

I think there's only 3 movie events in the Japanese version but not yet in the US version. One of them is Android 13.

The only Android I can get is Android 16, three different ones! Two of them SR! Actually I did just get Dr. Gero.

I didn't get Fasha though, so sad. There's only going to be more and more SRs in the pool now...

Not bad.  I'm not a fan of the "summon" events though.  just more fodder of them trying to get you to spend money to get the "limited time characters".

Finally got enough bubbles tokens to Z awaken my kid Goku to SSR.  Now to save up ANOTHER 20 to unlock Krillin.

Is there a guide to unlock things anywhere?  I've had some issues finding dudes I want.

I'm not sure actually, but here's some basic rules of thumb I've noticed:

-Story mode sometimes gives you "generic" characters like Red Ribbon Army Soldiers, Saibamen, and Frieza Soldiers (any class) after fights with them.

-Strike Events have a slim chance to drop the boss of the Strike Event (rarely there are others)

-Story Events tend to have a guaranteed character drop at the end, or near the end. The event description usually tells you who this is. Sometimes with other, rarer drops thrown in. (or maybe just Bardock's event, it was special)

-Dragon stone summons has a list of all available characters you can get from it.

-Friend Point summons has a list of all available characters you can get from it. (this includes SRs, but they are REALLY rare...like, super rare...)

That's just very basic though, I'd also like to see a complete character guide or something.

Just know this too, lots of events seem to repeat. The event with Vegeta and Nappa that just started apparently is a repeat.

Yeah, They've repeated the Nappa/Vegeta as well as the Kid Gohan events.

There's really no "unlocking" in this game, it's all based on random chance and events.  What characters are you looking for?

Not bad.  I'm not a fan of the "summon" events though.  just more fodder of them trying to get you to spend money to get the "limited time characters".

Finally got enough bubbles tokens to Z awaken my kid Goku to SSR.  Now to save up ANOTHER 20 to unlock Krillin.

I do the daily metal flash events at least once a day to ensure i have enough.

I recently summoned two characters and got orange sr 17 (whoohoo!) And a red sr goku. Really needing that purple 18 though :/