mazummo

Marine Corps Veteran Looking for a New Hobby

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike and I'm new to the game. I recently got out of the Marine Corps and have been looking for a new hobby. I loved DBZ as a kid and found out that there was a CCG which his relatively cheap, so here I am. I started off with an Orange Adept Vegeta. I know.... But if there is anyone way possible to make this deck work, please let me know. I'm not used to quitting. 

You might as well quit when it comes to trying with that deck. Look up singles and build almost anything black (sad but true) tien and yamcha are really sweet MPs for it along with krillin. If you wanna drop a little more money pick up cell and namekian restored. Deck never dies and rejuvs a ton, but cell is a little pricey.

If you enjoy being aggressive and controlly, I would definitely drop 40 bucks on a cell set...75 if you want the pack foils or rainbow foils.

Save up for at least one villainous sphere and two I'll dig your graves. If you can find them around 80-90 a pop I'd jump on them, they're cards you will always find space in your deck for and are worth saving up for. Living with a slightly tighter budget for a few months is really worth it in terms of this game. The best part is is that you'll probably make your money back if times are rough and you want to sell them to cover the utilities for a month, give or take 15 bucks.

Thank you for your service to our country, welcome.

Here's an Orange Adept Vegeta I built in Set 4. Not extremely competitive, but fun to play. Pretty cheap to build as well if you find replacements for Hidden Power Drill and I'll Dig Your Grave, but that shouldn't be to hard to do as this is a set old. It loses hard to anything Perceptive, but can get pretty brutal if your opponent can't draw answers early on. Give it a shot, and see if you like it.

Welcome, Mazummo! Thank you for your service and helping to protect us.

As for anyone telling you not to run Orange Vegeta: I say screw them. Play what you enjoy using. Practice, and tone your deck to beat any commonly played decks while still executing your desired game plan(s). Unless you are going really competitive, that should work for you. 

If not, this game thankfully has so many possibilities, despite what tournament players might say. I played in Score DBZ for years, and have been playing Saiyan Vegeta in this since I first got in. My regrets about it: Zero.

Thank you for your service, good sir.

I'm on OCTGN occasionally.  Username Stryyder.  Would very much welcome a game.  I would suggest trying out some Red Anger, Black control, Orange drill, or Namekian regen.  Those are the basic styles to start with to understand a good portion of the meta.  Build from there.

Here's an Orange Adept Vegeta I built in Set 4. Not extremely competitive, but fun to play. Pretty cheap to build as well if you find replacements for Hidden Power Drill and I'll Dig Your Grave, but that shouldn't be to hard to do as this is a set old. It loses hard to anything Perceptive, but can get pretty brutal if your opponent can't draw answers early on. Give it a shot, and see if you like it.

Replace dig with orange feirce attack. Easy to get and same effect