Stryyder

Pokemon Go is live!

In the later levels it just becomes SO MUCH OF A GRIND. I just hit 22. Now need 100k exp just to get to the next level. Jesus christ......

I hate grinding. In any game.

In the later levels it just becomes SO MUCH OF A GRIND. I just hit 22. Now need 100k exp just to get to the next level. Jesus christ......

I hate grinding. In any game.

I caught you Deltree haha I dinged 22 yesterday I saw the level bar and was basically like SOB. I have been hoarding my good candies for finding the right guys but with pokevision down its much harder. The shitty pokemon i just use for exp fodder. 

so apparently the fansites and nerd "media"(i.e. kotaku) are trying to manufacture an uproar on the last update.  The main points of contention being the removal of pokemon steps and their takedown of pokevision.  If these random social media articles are to be believed, players are leaving in droves because Niantic is trying to destroy their own game and they hate the playerbase.

So ok, they took away steps, because the 3 step glitch screwed everything up.  Did anyone every use those anyway?  I used them once to catch a hitmonlee in my local park.  But honestly it was at the bottom of the list and by the time I got it to the top, I knew I was going in the right direction, so that functionality is still there.

The other argument, Pokevision.  For those who don't know, Pokevision was a website that used hotspot algorithms gleened from past Ingress data and could pinpoint when specific pokemon would spawn, as well as where and for how long.  Now yeah, I can understand how this would be cool.  You can use it to pinpoint those hard to find ones.  but really, all it was was a giant walkthrough cheat.  So of course Niantic shut them down.  They were directly counter intuitive to the point of the game, which is to get out and FIND pokemon.  Boo hoo, you have to work for it.  meh.

Honestly, the game is essentially still in beta, since they had to release early.  I'm still enjoying it, though admittedly don't have as much time lately for it, but that's just late-summer business from random events.  I'm still very much looking forward to trading and increased roster updates when they come down.

Also, there is a rumor going around that Niantic gave someone an Articuno for some special reason or another.  I haven't found confirmation yet, though.

Yup.

Also, just got the info on the Articuno.  Some lady in Ohio claims it was gifted to her by Niantic after they address a problem with her game.  The rumor now is that her story is a hoax and it was a glitch or a hack.  It has since been removed from her account.

I think I'm still level 3...

Honestly the game was fun for a bit but it is really repetitive. Walking around the neighborhood catching pokemon was fun for a bit but there are only so many times I find it fun to catch basic pokemon like Weedle and Pidgey. The game also eats through data, which is largely why I stopped (see also: server crashes, missing pokeman, no tracking).

Also, you guys missed a large part of why people are upset about the removal of pokemon tracking. It's not that they took it out when everything was showing 3 steps away but that through the entire ordeal they have barely communicated with the community. Last I heard, Niantic never mentioned it was fixing the tracking feature because they actually hadnt said anything about it other than that using 3rd party programs to track are against the TOS. If the lack of tracking is not a big deal to you then you probably play enough that it doesnt really matter to you anyway but when people play casually sometimes they want to track down specific pokemon they dont often see (y'know, the whole reason tracking was there to begin with).

Leveling up pokemon makes no sense also.

They actually made an announcement that the 3 step tracking system wasn't within their project model anymore and they are working on a new system that will be on a future update.

Nothing concrete, but they did mention it.

The tracking was huge for me because of where I live.

I live 40 minutes away from a city, the town's here are spread out and I still have to drive 20 minutes to get to a gym

If you sell me a game (it's free but I bought coins) and then remove the functions that made the game playable for me after receiving my money, it's pretty Damn close to fraud.

Bait and switch at the least.

I also do not live in a city so unless you were at one of 2 spots by the beach that had pokestops that get lured you basically rely on pokevision to find anything. Everything is so spread out and there are basically no nests of spawns unless you go by the beach. All in all I still play but its really annoying not finding anything rare and only getting the normal pokemon in the area plus a few good lure ones. 

So it looks like Niantic has finally caught up with the bugs and started on some honest to goodness updates lately.

You may have seen the Halloween event: Increased rates of ghosts and bats, plus double candies for catching, poke pal walking and transfers over Halloween weekend.

The newest updates are now here: Reduced rate of Rattata and Pidgey, plus no more of them in Eggs.  Also Eevee was moved from 10km eggs to 5km eggs.  Also adding daily rewards for captures and pokestops.  First Capture and pokestop spin each day gets you a bonus and if you get 7 days in a row you get a bigger bonus. (new day starts at midnight local time.)

Looks like they are trying to become relevant again.  Not sure if it will work without more events and word of the promised trading, battling or even gen 2 eventually.

I'm not sure why I still play this, there's sort of absolutely nothing to do. Just a prediction though: early leaks suggested that Johto Pokemon would appear after getting the Silver Kanyo badge(50 species). This leads me to believe that Johto spawns will be additional ones and that it will end up looking similar to this double spawn event we currently have. An alternative option will be hyper common Pokemon having a chance to be replaced. Ie. A Pidgey has a 50% chance to be a Hoothoot for Johto Dexers - on the other end of things Golbat could have a 5% chance to be a Crobat for Johto Dexers and things like that.

I still play this fucking game too. I also still don't know why. I guess it's something to do while I'm driving or on my lunch...

They still have yet to add trading or the legendary birds (as Niantic announced both). I would expect both of these to happen prior to Gen 2 (could be wrong.) Also...tracking...come on now.

If anything will make me quit this game it is the most recent update - not allowing a pokestop to be hit if you're going more than ~30mph KILLS it for me.

I think you're vastly overestimating Niantic's thought processes.  My guess is they just dump them in with the Kanto pokemon.  I already have the silver kanto badge and no change thus far.

I think you're vastly overestimating Niantic's thought processes.  My guess is they just dump them in with the Kanto pokemon.  I already have the silver kanto badge and no change thus far.

I've had the gold Kanto badge for a while. Can confirm, no change in the game whatsoever.