Blake Eastman

READ: Yu Yu Hakusho CCG reboot

Good morning,

I am with an independent gaming group and I am collecting information from players online right now in regards to the Score Entertainment engine Yu Yu Hakusho. If you could please take a few moments to fill out this survey, it will help us in our research.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G7HXQ72

Thank you for your time it is much appreciated.

Completed survey! 

The only thing about rebooting YYH is that i feel it isnt as relevant anymore. DBZ is still in the public consciousness with a new series, games, movies, etc. But there really hasnt been any YYH content since the series ended. Believe me i LOVE YYH (my gf and I cosplay Keiko and Yusuke. respectively... lol) but I dont know if the market is there, as much as id like to see it.

On the subject tho can we get the Bleach game back? :D

We have a certain Anime in mind for this engine. I highly appreciate your time, we want to gauge interested and you are helping us immensely with that!

oooohhh ok!

can you say which one? is it one piece? lol

becuase there was a one piece card game that lasted one set back in the day. i still have cards from it actually :P

oooohhh ok!

can you say which one? is it one piece? lol

becuase there was a one piece card game that lasted one set back in the day. i still have cards from it actually :P

Seriously, where is that One Piece TCG? It's like the biggest anime ever, lol

Oh man... i... LOVE UFS. Unfortunately for me only two other people here ever played that game. jack and shit. then jack left town.

but for real NOBODY played this game despite my love for it, i was shocked to see it was still going after i checked up on the recent megaman release.

that is awesome about Bebop tho. Jojo would fit PERFECTLY in UFS imo

they tried years ago when 4kids had it and it was doodee (just like the 4kids show)

The real question is...

WHERES MY JOJO GAME DAMMIT

WRRRRYYYYY

Despite FUNimation acquiring the rights to dub One Piece after 4Kids went bankrupt it's still not as good as the sub though it's not really any surprise that the actual game failed since Bandai didn't understand the basics of how the Trading Card Game / Collectible Card Game industry worked until they got lucky with Naruto CCG before it power creeped itself to death.

I guess I'm in the minority. While it was already suffering from Power Creep in it's young life I liked the Dragon Ball CCG by Bandai. 

Bible Black?

*insert image which will get me banned here*

Let's not stop there. Let's mesh a few. La Blue Girl, Bible Black, Demon Beast Invasion and Urotsukidoji. Then a little bit of Fist of the North Star just so we can say we're not entirely depraved. 

Oh man dont get me started on fucking Bandai...

The way they mishandled Power Rangers ACG and Digimon Fusion (two games i LOVED) STILL makes my blood boil...

Bandai made it clear a long time ago they didn't know what the hell they were doing. I stopped buying their crap after they ran the Mobile Suit game into the ground until they released Dragon Ball. 

Wow, YYH.  I was heavy into that game, still have most of my cards.  I miss it so much.  Played in the last worlds event with a fun non-team deck that focused on Hero/villain hybrids.  I was a judge, a big time mod on YuYuRealms, had every card at one point (except the Dark One).  Probably the only other game I got THAT deep into before PanZ.  Survey completed.

If you are looking for anyone to help on your project, please let me know.  I would be very interested in helping out.

Dude, I just thought about it, Pokémon would be amazing to do in the YYH engine.  Team fighting mechanics, replace Techniques with TMs, Items can still be items.

Dude, that would be sweet.

I take it nobody remembers that Yu Yu Hakusho TCG's gameplay mechanics mirrors that of Yu-Gi-Oh! meaning you can OTK someone on the first turn and your opponent wouldn't be able to do anything about it. No thanks, Pokémon TCG's already got enough power creep to deal with as is with so much emphasis on Basic EX's and whatever gimmicks it's got going for it right now.

You're talking set 6 YYH, not strict gameplay mechanics.  by the gameplay mechanics, it's impossible to win in one turn in YYH.  However, at the fault of several developers, YYH had a HORRIBLE power creep over it's run.  The mechanics themselves were amazing.  You could ban 4-5 cards and completely remove the one-turn win ability.  Hence the point of restarting it and fixing the problems that it had.

You're talking set 6 YYH, not strict gameplay mechanics.  by the gameplay mechanics, it's impossible to win in one turn in YYH.  However, at the fault of several developers, YYH had a HORRIBLE power creep over it's run.  The mechanics themselves were amazing.  You could ban 4-5 cards and completely remove the one-turn win ability.  Hence the point of restarting it and fixing the problems that it had.

I'm intrigued in your knowledge of Yuyu, Wondering if you'd be willing to hop on board and rebalance set's 4-6 of Yu Yu Hakusho?

Or potentially what do YOU think are the real problems there? I know we definitely have to scale something for example most of base set in comparison is useless lol