rdmooch

Final Fantasy TCG

It looks interesting. It'll be nice to have FF paint on a card game but you can easily tell it borrows mechanics and doesn't really seem to have anything unique. Of course, that's hard in the TCG world. I won't pre-order but wait to see how well those mechanics are melded together.

Seems extremely simple and overwhelmingly easy to pick up. That will probably be enough to push it forward several sets. 

yeah, my distributor has it for October.  I don't really know anything about the game itself (or anything FF after FFX really).  I may try it out to see how the mechanics are, we'll see.

Let me catch you up. XI was an MMO and one of the hardest to ever be bred. XII was a single player MMO that followed a fighting system improved on XI's. XIII is a trilogy that didn't need to be one and was extremely linear in function and exploration. XIV 1.0 is an MMO and one of the biggest flops in MMO history. XIV 2.0 happened after the team of 1.0 was fired for incompetence and as a form of repentance, SE remade the whole game, engine and all just to say sorry with no guarantee that it would be successful. It is one of the greatest MMO's I've played in a long time and has been extremely successful. Who would have thought that admitting you were wrong and that you should have been listening to the customer in the first place would sell a game?

Now we're waiting for XV. 

Are we really waiting for XV, or are we actually killing time until the VII remake comes out?

I am super excited for both games

Well shit. After the forever wait for them to finally come out and say, "yeah you got us, we've been making it this whole time," I have no more feels to give on VII remake. The worst part is they actually acted as if they were "surprising" us when they announced it lol.

I think the episodic release of VII is going to be problematic, particularly depending on how the price point works.  I could easily see them releasing it in 3 installments, each costing a full game value.

They've done it before. XIII is basically an episodic Final Fantasy game and all three installments cost full value. 

Well, those were separately developed games though.  FFVII was originally one game, albeit on 2 discs.  To take that and split it to 3 separate full cost releases would be pretty scummy.

Well, those were separately developed games though.  FFVII was originally one game, albeit on 2 discs.  To take that and split it to 3 separate full cost releases would be pretty scummy.

Exactly (well, not 'exactly' since FFVII actually came on 3 discs but close enough).  To make FFVII into an episodic multiple -installment game where each part costs the amount of a full game screams "money-hungy" almost as badly as making 6 URs in a set with a 1:2 box pull rate.

Exactly (well, not 'exactly' since FFVII actually came on 3 discs but close enough).  To make FFVII into an episodic multiple -installment game where each part costs the amount of a full game screams "money-hungy" almost as badly as making 6 URs in a set with a 1:2 box pull rate.

While not as bad as some companies SE has been known for wanting money. 

Case in point: Kingdom Hearts -

KH1

KH1 Final Mix

CoM

KH2

KH2 Final Mix

KH2 Final Mix+

Re: CoM

Coded

358/2 Days

Birth By Sleep

Birth By Sleep Final Mix

Re: Coded

3D

1.5 Remix

X

2.5 Remix

Unchained X

2.8 "Final" chapter prologue

1.5+2.5 Remix bundle

KH3

Yes, between KH2 and 3 there have been FIFTEEN different games/bundles released.  (it's been 11 years since KH2 was released).

With many of the bundles simply being remasters of previous games with one or two small cutscenes ONLY available in those bundles that help flesh out the story.

Case in point: Kingdom Hearts -

KH1

KH1 Final Mix

CoM

KH2

KH2 Final Mix

KH2 Final Mix+

Re: CoM

Coded

358/2 Days

Birth By Sleep

Birth By Sleep Final Mix

Re: Coded

3D

1.5 Remix

X

2.5 Remix

Unchained X

2.8 "Final" chapter prologue

1.5+2.5 Remix bundle

KH3

Yes, between KH2 and 3 there have been FIFTEEN different games/bundles released.  (it's been 11 years since KH2 was released).

With many of the bundles simply being remasters of previous games with one or two small cutscenes ONLY available in those bundles that help flesh out the story.

Which leads me to believe well most likely be paying $60 for each episode of VII.

I am pretty sure we will pay 60 for each installment of FF7.  On the other hand if I get 3 FULL games set in the realm of FF7 I may be okay with that.

I'm not against it if done right. FFXIII didn't need to exist the way it did and so it can become tiring to the consumer. There is more than enough in FFVII to be able to create 3 full 50 hour + games. My concern with it being episodic is them making it linear in progression and I don't want that at all. .hack// games are a great example of episodic story games that retain player freedom and exploration. 

So I picked up the 10 and 13 decks, since they were on sale. Have my first tournament tomorrow. Haven't played yet, but have solitaired to get an idea of it.

I don't think it's good. Something about the whole Crystal Point System feels wrong, as is Draw 2. There is a lot of pigeon holing of interactions as is common in Japanese games too. 

The game, from what I can tell, feels off. Like Magic done wrong.

My LGS FINALLY got some decks in but at this point I am not going to invest. nobody plays down here, no OP in sight, and two more sets announced when we are just getting starters NOW. I did buy those bomb ass FF7 Cloud/Sephiroth sleeves though.