rdmooch

Final Fantasy TCG

From what my area could gather, either Square Enix or whoever they tapped to make the TCG didn't think it would sell outside Japan.  So the English version had only so much made when they announced it, and the response made them scramble to get a printer to make more.  Currently, we are finally able to get product because of the second wave of Opus 1 releases.  The 3rd wave is of course what we will get along with the 1st wave of Opus 2 content.

For a game that has had such a bad initial release problem, at least they're getting their act together along with Organized Play a hell of a lot faster than the rebooted Vs. System.

I feel like it is too little too late now. Ive seen several stores with product and nobody is playing and there is no sign of OP support in sight. If we had stuff available even a little bit sooner after release last year it would have helped. Now everybody has moved on i think.

Got to play on Sunday. What a mediocre Duel Masters clone. Doesn't do anything new or interesting. It felt like I was playing Shit Magic.

I guarantee if Magic didn't suck atm, Force of Will didn't go down the crapper and it wasn't Final Fantasy, no one would have cared. It's taking advantage of the situation and it's IP

21 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

Got to play on Sunday. What a mediocre Duel Masters clone. Doesn't do anything new or interesting. It felt like I was playing Shit Magic.

I guarantee if Magic didn't suck atm, Force of Will didn't go down the crapper and it wasn't Final Fantasy, no one would have cared. It's taking advantage of the situation and it's IP

That is disappointing but not at all surprising

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

This game still appears to be plagued with under supplying relative to demand.  Even Potomac has started selling this game's stuff at 50% markup.

Wow... and they still have like 2/3 more sets announced for the rest of the year...

Who honestly didn't see this as anything more than a cash grab at the die hard Final Fantasy fans, though. It's sad to see what could have been something huge get crushed due to simplicity and a lack of product. I'm a bit more excited for MetaX and a huge Justice League fan so give or take the mechanics it could do really well. If they design their sets correctly then players won't have to worry about jumping to an IP they don't like to be relevant. Though, I'm not sure Panini can handle the responsibility. Most likely their JL set will be extremely viable and nothing that comes after it will even compare given their track record. 

2 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Based on their track record Superman will be unplayable garbage and fucking Blue Devil will be OP for 8 sets lmao

Yep, and decks will be made mostly of set 1 cards.