Stryyder

Pokemon Sun/Moon

@Cardslinger J - I wouldn't worry much about prepping to transfer pokemon at this point, you've got plenty of time.  Pokebank upgrade for Sun/Moon won't be active until January.  So the only thing you can do until then is trade back and forth between Sun and Moon games.

I still need to transfer my entire National Dex from White to X via Pokebank... Been dreading it because it takes so damn long...

Anyone know of a way to transfer over an entire PC box at a time? Or do i have to do it one by one 700 freakin times? -__-

So I just looked it up, and i feel like an idiot for not knowing, but i never remember hearing ANYTHING about how to do this back when I first downloaded Pokebank.

Apparently if you press start the cursor changes colors, and when it is green you can select a whole group of Pokemon at once, like the entire box's worth. 

Never knew that, never read that anywhere before :/

Oh well, at least that makes my life easier! lol

THAT'S what it was.  Different cursor types, yeah.

New Tip!  SOS Chain captures!

So this has come to light and I used it a bit myself today.  You should all have come across the wild pokemon calling for help by now.  Well it seems there is a nice bit of finagling you can do there for some good captures.  here's the method:

1) wild pokemon calls for help

2) helper pokemon is not what you want.

3) KO helper

4) leave original pokemon alone

Keep repeating 2-4 until the helper is one you want.  Then KO the original pokemon and capture the helper.  So far as I've seen, if you leave the original it will keep calling for help (non damaging moves and/or "Hold Back" help a lot here) but if you KO it and the helper is out, the helper won't call for help.

Now most pokemon call similar helpers to themselves.  My own interaction here was a Pichu that kept calling more Pichu until he finally called a Pikachu.  I've also heard that Eevees will call Umbreon or Espeon occasionally.  And someone recently posted they got a Salamence the same way.

Happy hunting!

My current status: 3rd Island, past first trial

Team:

Brionne (SlyMcStpdFc) one level from Primarina

Mudsdale (Altivo)

Lycanroc (Remus)

Pikachu

Toucannon (Woody)

Snorlax (Fluffy)

I encoubtered my first and only Crabrawler, and it was low attack, high special attack...... #upset

Of all the luck though, I'm not even picky with my story team, but dang.....

Just keep checking those berry stacks.  I run across them in ever 2nd stack or so.

So I have finished the narrative part of the story, on to the endgame league and such.  Just found out that you can get a cosmog for a second mascot on down the line, which is cool.  Gives people one for trade to get the opposite, without having to start over.  also found out there is tons to do after the league (Ultra beasts, 3rd legendary, etc.)  Still so much to do.  Also, protip, check out the desert after the ghost trial, so you don't miss one of the type Z stones.

Current Team:

Primarina (SlyMcStpdFc)

Mudsdale (Altivo)

Alolan Raichu

Lycanroc Midnight form (Remus)

Snorlax (Fluffy)

Oricorio fire form (Teh Majix)

Ok, well, it took me a few tries but main story complete.  Elite 4 was pretty easy so long as you've been keeping your team up, but the champion is pretty challenging, particularly his Decidueye.  Didn't help that 5 of my 6 were weak to either ghost or grass.  I went in with Lunala instead of Snorlax, but lost.  Then swapped out for Snorlax again to grab a few Pokémon to expand my Poke Pelago and forgot to swap back when I went back into the league.  Worked out for the best though.  Snorlax is a tank.

The storyline itself was pretty good.  I liked the resolution.  Protip, stock up on ultra balls before taking on the E4.  Probably not entirely necessary, but easier.

Anyway, championship team:

Primarina (SlyMcStpdFc)

Mudsdale (Altivo)

Alolan Raichu

Lycanroc Midnight form (Remus)

Snorlax (Fluffy)

Oricorio Baile style (The Majix)

Currently trying to find a ditto to breed my Primarina, then off to get my Cosmog and some ultra beasts.

I'm on the second island. After 6 crabrawlers that had low attack natures i said screw it and hit up the GTS for one.

Just beat the second trial, Wishiwashi is awesome.

Current team

Pikachu (Enker)

Crabrawler (japanese)

Grimer (yellowdevil)

Litten (Zemo - named after my own cat)

Cutifly (HornetMan)

I am saving that last slot for a ground type :/

Go for Mudbray/Mudsdale.  He's a tank with a great moveset.  Rt 4 and 6 on the second island.

I caught one but i wasn't super impressed. There was some fish a trainer had during the trial that i assume was ground because he was immune to my electric moves. I don't have a water type yet so that may be a good one

My guess is Barboach, which later evolves to Whiscash.  Gonna take some time to get him, he only comes from fishing via those little rock outcrops when they have bubbles coming out of them.

On that subject, why does fishing suck balls in Gen VII?

My guess is Barboach, which later evolves to Whiscash.  Gonna take some time to get him, he only comes from fishing via those little rock outcrops when they have bubbles coming out of them.

On that subject, why does fishing suck balls in Gen VII?

So be it. WaveMan or SplashWoman will join my roster. Gender depending.

Going through the UB challenge has opened up some new possibilities for end game and I'm really enjoying it.  To avoid too many spoilers, basically you have to go through and find the Ultra Beasts that escaped from the Ultra Dimension.  Here are some things it is helping me do:

Ultra Beasts are found in tall grass in certain areas.  This is helping me to find and catch many pokemon I didn't take the time to find on my storyline run.  Looking for the first one alone I picked up Marowak, Magby and a female Sandalit on Wela Volcano.

Secondly, if you don't know, after you beat the elite 4 you can find a Cosmog at lvl 5.  This allows you to level it up to your game's mascot which serves 2 purposes: Getting Cosmog and Cosmoem  in your pokedex and having a second mascot to trade for the mascot you can't get on your game.  So searching for the UBs also helps to level this little puffball up considering the only moves they ever learn are Splash and Teleport.

Also, I grabbed a Ditto to start breeding Primarina.

Current team:

Lunala

Mudsdale (Altivo)

Lycanroc Midnight Form (Remus)

Primarina (SlyMcStpdFc)

Alolan Raichu

Cosmog

I am a pokemon fan i love the old games well all games before X,Y because i don't like mega , it makes some pokemon unplayable if you are battling friends. (The newest pokemon game i have played is X) The remake of safire and ruby i just didn't like. My first and favorite pokemon game is Emerald and what i have seen from the game i just didnt wanna even play it Sun and Moon looks cool i am hoping the Mega Evolutions dont ruin the game for me if and when i get it.

I haven't seen a Mega yet. They're sure to be in there, likely post game adventures for friend battles. Z-moves are the new rage and so far I'm not a fan of them.

So the first ever Festival Plaza global mission is on.  Starting yesterday, players can register for the global mission to catch 100million pokemon worldwide by 12/13.  If you participate you will get some kind of prize regardless, but if the goal is met, ALL participants will receive 2000 festival points.

To participate, go to the Festival plaza castle and talk to the receptionist on the right.  She will tell you to get a game sync ID from the computer if you haven't' already.  You must go online on your computer to the GL website and register your ID for your game.  Then talk to her and she will register you for the event.  All pokemon you catch after registering will be logged into the total.

Kind of wish I had done it BEFORE I went through the UB storyline, because I picked up a lot of odds and ends there.  But now I have a reason for doing some Pokedex completing.

Also, the QR code to unlock the Legendary pokemon Magearna on Sun and Moon will go up on the Pokémon website this Monday 12/5.

I feel like the grass trial will be nothing for me. Litten, Cutifly, and Grimer all seem good against them. I do however fear a flying based one.

Alright so a quick reminder.  magearna is available.  Go to pokemon.com, click on the magearna news icon and it will show you the QR code.  Scan it with your QR code scanner (they claim you must be post-E4) and it will register Magearna.  Fly over to the Hau'oli beachfront and the event distribution guy will be standing in front of the antiques store in the mall.  he will give you Magearna who is holding a bottle cap (for use when hyper training IVs in the shop next door).

As far as post game news, I'm currently out dex hunting.  Still haven't gone after Necrozma, I've got time.  However I have been diving into the GTS and Wonder Trade.  Nothing much helpful out of WT except a Passimian which helps since I can't find it in my version.  But GTS has helped a lot in getting extra starters and such.  Once my latest egg hatches I'll have one of each of the 3 starters and their evolutions.  I was also able to easily trade my extra Lunala for a Solgaleo.

My current goal is a mass baby evolution.  I have Pichu, Happiny, Cleffa, Igglybuff and Bonsly.  I'm working them each up to max happiness so I can run into a wild lvl 55 over at Poni Plains and evolve all 5 babies at once.

Some new stuff to be aware of post game (Slightly spoilerish so fairly warned be ye):

Mega Evolution - So now that you've done all the story stuff, you are allowed to mega evolve.  Take a trip to Ancient Poni Path and you'll meet up again with Sina and Dexio.  After a battle with Dexio he'll give you the key Stone to attach to your Z bracelet.  Now you just have to find the mega stones.

Type: Null - Post game on the top floor of the Aether foundation is our old buddy Gladion.  He'll give you a Type:null for free.  Sadly it cannot be bred, so if you want another for living dex you'll have to trade or go through the game twice.  he'll also give you all the memory items that can change Silvaly's type (i.e. Genesect Jr.)

Speaking of Genesect - head to rt 8 where you met Colress during the main story and he'll be there to give you a handful of the Genesect drives.

Battle Tree and a level up trick -  if you noticed, there's a bunch of unexplored land on the east end of Poni island.  Travelling the far east coast will lead you to some nice high level (mid 50) wild pokemon (and some more f*ckin' Raticates) but more importantly will take you to the Battle Tree, this game's version of Battle tower or whatever other tiered battle arena you may remember from past games.  However, before you reach battle tree, you have a pretty fateful encounter, a tough choice and a decent trick for getting good XP.

So as you walk in the gates you trigger a cutscene and are approached by 2 older gentlemen who claim to be former Pokémon champions from another region of the world.  Well, one of them claims this, the other one doesn't say much of anything....

Oh you guys know them, it's Red and Blue from the original pokemon games.  They talk to you for a bit and you get to choose which one of them you want to battle before going to the tree.  SUPPOSEDLY whichever one you choose is who you will find at the TOP of the battle tree. (can't find confirmation yet)  BUT NOT SO FAST!  Are you more interested in filling out that Pokedex than you are in getting to the top of that tree (which gives you NO experience for battling)?  You are in luck!  Red and Blue's pokemon are all boasting lvls from 65-70 and if they KO all your mons, no harm no foul, you get to try again later!  So if you don't feel like being stuck in the E4 going through 4 trainers until you are finally KOd, stop by and battle with these 2 for a while.  I went in with 2 of my normal team pokemon (Snorlax and Lunala) and 4 that I'm leveling and KOing ONE of their pokemon is usually enough for anywhere from 3-15 levels depending on what they are.  I brought in freshly bred Litten and Rowlet and after just knocking out Red's Pikachu they already have enough levels to evolve.  WHAT'S EVEN BETTER is that they did away with that whole "oh you blacked out, your pokemon don't evolve, sorry bud".  As soon as you lose the battle the screen blacks out and your pokemon evolve just before you get back to the PC.

So there you go, protip and all.  Enjoy!

What do you mean by non-alolan?  Aside from NPCs (whose pokemon you don't really see after you trade) there's really no non-alolan trainers to trade to.

If you mean like trading to XYORAS, you can't.  The only games that you can trade with are Sun and Moon.  Pokebank SuMo update won't be out until January, so until then we won't know if Alolan forms can be sent to past games, but my guess would be no.  However it has been shown that previous game versions sent to SuMo will retain their original typing (i.e. a Meowth brought up from XY will remain a standard normal type Meowth and will evolve into a standard normal type Persian).