delexies

Final fantasy opus 1

I was going to play it till I saw how to play.

It's just another Magic Clone, or to be more exact, it's a modded Duel Masters.

Rather tired of Magic Clones. I recently dropped them all for the real thing.

That was my thoughts. My bro sold two Unleashes to buy a bunch of FF cards and it's not that great. Not, give up two Unleashes great. I play DBZ because it carries no resemblance to Magic. When I want to play Magic I play Magic.

Word. I got some cards cheap and was wondering If it was worth holding on to. Or if anyone played it.

It's cute but that is where it ends. I don't personally like where they tried to avoid custom art wherever possible and going from hand drawn to looking at crap PS1 3D pics irritates me. The game play is meh without any real challenge to it. So it's easy and fast but that's not always good if there is no depth to it.  

I'd give it a chance if I could find it.  Decks were $15 retail price and now I see them on Amazon for $25; I'll wait until Potomac has them in stock again and try it out sometime.

As far as gameplay it does seem to emulate MtG to some extent (crystals replace mana) but I like how they set up cards with the same title to play off of each other and that each card can be pitched to pay for other cards. It's also neat that creature cards are split into "forwards" and "support."

After reading through the tutorial it's definitely a very straightforward MTG/DM/Kaijudo clone, but I can appreciate that after having to deal with YGO/CFV clones.  The tutorial is very well written, I will say.  I may give it a shot but if I do just a single box plus deck probably.  Just to build a couple decks I could use if the desire arises.

Well hit me up if anyone want to play it on octgn. I like FF, the game looks like a hearthstone-esque game. Fast paced, fun interactions (like discarding a common tifa to activate rare tifa and deal damage to all fowards).

I'm gonna learn it and see what up with it.

I'd give it a chance if I could find it.  Decks were $15 retail price and now I see them on Amazon for $25; I'll wait until Potomac has them in stock again and try it out sometime.

As far as gameplay it does seem to emulate MtG to some extent (crystals replace mana) but I like how they set up cards with the same title to play off of each other and that each card can be pitched to pay for other cards. It's also neat that creature cards are split into "forwards" and "support."

But Support/Backup are just Effect Lands....

Right now I am of the mind of "fuck this game" If you guys thought the Panini blog was bad holy shit you should see the FF website. No updates on OP, America isn't even listed in the countries that are supposed to have OP when(if) that ever does happen.

Also they have the balls to announce TWO more sets when the first set and starters are unable to be bought ANYWHERE

N-EE-WHERE

I cannot find let alone purchase this game for love nor money.

Right now I am of the mind of "fuck this game" If you guys thought the Panini blog was bad holy shit you should see the FF website. No updates on OP, America isn't even listed in the countries that are supposed to have OP when(if) that ever does happen.

Also they have the balls to announce TWO more sets when the first set and starters are unable to be bought ANYWHERE

N-EE-WHERE

I cannot find let alone purchase this game for love nor money.

It looks like Opus 1 is back in stock at CFLCollectables and other places.  Booster boxes still appear to be out of stock.

It looks like Opus 1 is back in stock at CFLCollectables and other places.  Booster boxes still appear to be out of stock.

Holy shit you're right, I legit just checked the other day and still nothing. I am still hesitant to purchase until we find out if USA is getting any support tho.

Holy shit you're right, I legit just checked the other day and still nothing. I am still hesitant to purchase until we find out if USA is getting any support tho.

Highly unlikely, given it's simple design and no desire to hide what it's copied from other places, chances are this is just in the USA to collect on nostalgia money.

Highly unlikely, given it's simple design and no desire to hide what it's copied from other places, chances are this is just in the USA to collect on nostalgia money.

Sadly you're probably right. Plus I am already playing Star Wars Destiny which i really really like so I don't see the need to dump into this.

Sadly you're probably right. Plus I am already playing Star Wars Destiny which i really really like so I don't see the need to dump into this.

Star Wars Destiny hasn't picked up in my area yet. If I do break my oath to go back to TCG's after PanZ, it will probably be for Modern Format or Vintage Format Magic. 

Unlike PanZ, I found this game really easy to get down here. lol.

Walked into one of my local stores, picked up an FFX one because they were having a sale, walked out. No fuss, no muss.

Only picked it up because of the terrible state of Standard Magic, again, and it was on sale. Cards are really nice quality, higher than Vanguard.

Unlike PanZ, I found this game really easy to get down here. lol.

Walked into one of my local stores, picked up an FFX one because they were having a sale, walked out. No fuss, no muss.

Only picked it up because of the terrible state of Standard Magic, again, and it was on sale. Cards are really nice quality, higher than Vanguard.

Yeah it seems to be with FF that America is getting the shaft this time around. When Bear says those starters are available now that is from being UNavailable since literally the game's release

Yeah it seems to be with FF that America is getting the shaft this time around. When Bear says those starters are available now that is from being UNavailable since literally the game's release

I'm willing to bet it's more of a case of them woefully underestimating demand due to the state of the medium(paper TCGs), the FF franchise since 13, SE's own reputation and being unable to fuel 'MERICA! with Sephiroth promos.

Doing some google fu, there seems to be some rumbling of the US getting OP, just a matter of when.

I haven't seen FF or SWD locally.  Saw Fantasy Flight demoing SWD at a convention over the weekend, but didn't try it.  I did get 2nd in a Ticket to Ride tournament and won a snazzy set of translucent train tokens.  Looks like I may have to pick up a copy of it finally.