Sign in to follow this  
Deltree

NFL 2016

Well, to be fair they're on top of their division.  NE is still tops of the conference (7-1 Conf record vs 6-1) and Dallas is on top of the league.  Which pains me because if there are any teams I want to see completely bomb it's NE, Dallas or Seattle.

Moment of silence for McGloin.

lol, seriously, he may still play, but going into the post-season with a green second stringer is already a hurdle, if they have to drop back to 3rd string, they have a LOT of work to get past Houston.  They needed that win against Denver to give them a week to rest, but folded.

There's a lot of interesting games going into next weekend.

Miami @ Pittsburgh - the fact that Miami got in is a surprise to me, as I haven't really heard anything about them all season.  Pittsburgh has been on a hot streak winning their last 6 after dropping 4 in a row.  The past few games have been catch-up sessions in Q4.  So long as they focus and don't trip over their own hype, this should be a solid win.

Oakland @ Houston - one thing I've learned in the past few years is to never underestimate Houston.  Osweiler definitely has some chops but has been faltering lately.  Though, as stated above, Oakland has their own problems behind center.  I think if Oakland can rally they'll take it, but for now I'm going to pick Houston, but ONLY for the homefield advantage.

Detroit @ Seattle - Seattle has been a force for a few years now.  Wilson is a quick thinker and Sherman, for all his douchebag preening, is the heart of the defense.  Add the fact that they just today signed dynamite return man Devin Hester and the presence of the "12th man", Detroit is going to be way in the weeds here.  Easy pick for Seattle unless a miracle happens.

NYG @ Green Bay - Another one that's hard to pick for me as I haven't heard much out of either camp.  NY under Tom Coughlin has been great with Eli at the helm, but definitely have had hard days.  Green Bay has had a rough season, coming back from an early stumble to win the Division.  I'd say about even in the matchup but again, I'll go with home team and pick GB.

I 100% prefer Cook over McGloin. How you throw 20 passes in the 1st half and only get 21 yards is beyond me. Also, why you throw 21 passes in the first half when you have a Top 3 O-Line and the best trio of RBs in the league is also beyond me.

I have faith Oakland will go back to their A game and run the ball all through Houston and win the game.

Miami @ Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh will win, albeit a close one.

Detroit @ Seattle - Detroit should win  this with Seattle's secondary being decimated.

NYG @ Green Bay - I expect GB to win this although this will be the closest game all weekend.

So I'm 4 for 4 so far.  Each game was about the same, somewhat close starting off, but 2nd half runaways everywhere.  Upset of the weekend had to be Oakland being COMPLETELY decimated by Houston.  They just fell apart.

Divisional weekend picks -

I'll start in the NFC this time:

Green Bay @ Dallas - Dallas is running way hot this season, but I see them stumbling before the bowl.  It's POSSIBLY this will be the week.  However Green Bay showed they are VERY iffy yesterday.  with a weekend low SEVEN yards throughout Q1 and losing Jordy Nelson, they had a miraculous revitalization after the Hail Mary to end the half.  They need to come out swinging against Dallas to get into the championship game.  For now, my pick is Dallas, but hope springs eternal for the cheeseheads.

Seattle @ Atlanta - I really don't know how to call this one.  Seattle had a great showing on Saturday, but it was coupled by a lackluster performance by Detroit.  And even so, they had some trouble putting up 26 points.  Devin Hester made good choices, but didn't put up amazing numbers.  Will they allow him to take some chances against Atlanta?  I'm going to pick Atlanta for this, as with last week, because of the homefield advantage.

Houston @ New England - Another good match.  For over a decade now, if an analyst was giving odds on the AFC standings, new England has been the pick to take it all the way.  But we're not dealing with that new England.  They are still a great team, but no longer at their best.  They are missing Gronk.  They are always the team you overprepare for.  Honestly, if Houston can pressure Brady while simultaneously keeping the cover on his short receivers, they have a chance to win in Foxboro.  But, as with anyone, I'll take the safe bet and pick NE.

Pittsburgh @ KC - This will not be a walk in the park by any means.  However Pittsburgh had an amazing performance yesterday.  120+ yards for Brown and 150+ FOR Bell, plus 2 TDs each.  13/18 completed by Roethlisberger who didn't throw an incomplete pass in the first 3 quarters (though he did throw 2 picks).  Add to that Pittsburghs complete rout of the Chiefs in week 4 (14-43) and I think the Steelers can easily outpace KC.

I think Atlanta will come out on top of the NFC. I think GB/Dallas are both strong, but Atlanta is simply better. New England is almost a lock for the AFC.

For the games this weekend...

GB @ Dallas - I'm picking Dallas. Sean Lee singlehandedly will stop GB's shitty running attack and Zeke will run all through GB.

Seattle @ Atlanta - Matt Ryan will pick apart their secondary. Seattle got lucky they played Detroit and no one else.

Houston @ NE - NE will win, easily. Unless Clowney can get 5 sacks on Brady (it can happen, he's that good).

Pittsburgh @ KC - Cold weather game, Ben in a boot, Steelers still win by 10.

I went 3-1 as well.  Glad to be rid of the Cowboys and Seahawks.  Wish NE would have left with them.

I'm not going with stats or gut or anything this time.  I want GB/Pit again.  Let's do this.