mch64961

UFS

I saw the name in a forum topic and decided to look it up.

Has anyone else played? I'm eyeballing the megaman deck- it's seems like a fun ccg. But I would love to hear the opinions of others before I make my decision. How does it compare to PanZ (the first tcg ive ever played). Likes or dislikes of ufs?

Well I work with the company so I am obviously biased but I wouldn't be working with them if I hadn't already liked it a lot beforehand.

It combines my two favorite things, card games and fighting games, so yeah I love it.

I have a Megaman weapons deck and it is a lot of fun. A great beginner deck. I am SO HYPE for the Street Fighter set later this year.

It's one of those games where you either like it or you don't. I'll be collecting the supposed Cowboy Bebop set that's coming out for nostalgia reasons but, no offense sh0ryu, I didn't find the game to be fun and that's the general consensus where I live so the game isn't really a thing in my area anyways. Maybe at gencon sh0ryu can show me what I was doing wrong. 

It is a fun game.  The mechanics are fun and inside one set the game is fine.

OUTSIDE OF A SINGLE SET THE GAME IS DOWNRIGHT UNPLAYABLE.

Were talking characters doing 70 damage in a single attack by turn 3.  Were talking about characters being unkillable by turn 6.  Were talking a character using over 12 attacks in the first turn for 5 a pop. 

If you get into it, stick inside a single set and if you have a LGS try to make sure that players HAVE to stick to the set their character comes from.  It is fun, but it is jank.

Wait, wut?  Bebop UFS?!

Yup! Coming out later this year after the Street Fighter set.

It is a fun game.  The mechanics are fun and inside one set the game is fine.

OUTSIDE OF A SINGLE SET THE GAME IS DOWNRIGHT UNPLAYABLE.

Were talking characters doing 70 damage in a single attack by turn 3.  Were talking about characters being unkillable by turn 6.  Were talking a character using over 12 attacks in the first turn for 5 a pop. 

If you get into it, stick inside a single set and if you have a LGS try to make sure that players HAVE to stick to the set their character comes from.  It is fun, but it is jank.

This was true during the end of the Megaman set (FUCKING TURBOMAN) but believe me with the release of Blood Omen the format is WAY WAY WAAAAAAYYYY better now.

and Jasco is always very on top of things so when crazy shit like that happens they fix it right quick. There was only one Regional where the turn 3 death turbo decks were a problem and they realized it, and after that was rightly fixed.

This was true during the end of the Megaman set (FUCKING TURBOMAN) but believe me with the release of Blood Omen the format is WAY WAY WAAAAAAYYYY better now.

and Jasco is always very on top of things so when crazy shit like that happens they fix it right quick. There was only one Regional where the turn 3 death turbo decks were a problem and they realized it, and after that was rightly fixed.

So if I built a Cowboy Bebop exclusive deck I'd be at a disadvantage against those that mix sets?

Not necessarily.  It depends of the quality of the cards they put in the Cowboy Bebop set.  You might still find other cards from the other properties that you could add in to make it better though.

I have a full set of the Megaman tin set, And Rise of the Masters. I have yet to grab the final Megaman set as no one near me plays it.

I personally like the game, and i enjoy that every card is a block. What i dislike the the sheer volume of 'types' which is comparable to colors in Magic. Likewise, i feel the game has a big problem with backswinging.

Kind of. In Rise of the Masters Skullman and Gemini man recked face, and became banned. However from all the decks I made MagnetMan, MetalMan, Pharoah Man, and Megaman all held their own well.

The game doesn't work that way.  More likely, they'll give her a weapon focus.  An effect that buffs the speed of your attack is likely, as is something that improves the checks made for Weapon attacks.  Maybe her personal ship as an asset.  She could get something to get her out of taking a big hit.

Remember that the base engine is trying its damnedest to recreate a fighting game in card form.  It does limit some of the themes that one would think could be explored for a license, but that's usually traded off with a combination of fairly solid artwork and making the themes they can use work as well as they can.

The game doesn't work that way.  More likely, they'll give her a weapon focus.  An effect that buffs the speed of your attack is likely, as is something that improves the checks made for Weapon attacks.  Maybe her personal ship as an asset.  She could get something to get her out of taking a big hit.

Remember that the base engine is trying its damnedest to recreate a fighting game in card form.  It does limit some of the themes that one would think could be explored for a license, but that's usually traded off with a combination of fairly solid artwork and making the themes they can use work as well as they can.

You responded to a joke. 

i only have mega and wily's 8 bit promos. if i get anymore i will certainly let you know.

I highly recommend this site for UFS singles tho: http://www.rochesterccg.com

Is this the Knightman you're looking for?

http://www.rochesterccg.com/catalog/ufs_standard_singles-standard_promos/knight_man/128153

They are deep in the UFS community. So much so there is a card named after the store.

I think that's to be expected if you order something from New York state to somewhere not on the coasts.  Shipping to the Midwest is notoriously iffy and confusingly long.  How does a package from New York to LA in half the time it takes to go from New York to St. Louis or Kansas City?  Hell, how does that package from coast to coast take less time than a package from two sides of a single state?

It happens every 2 or 3 sets man. I played the game from sf set1 to socal 4 (probably the best set in the game). I loved UFS but it's impossible to fix the jank outside of keeping it in 1 set at a time.

Though I would like to see how my Cody deck would stand up to Jascos stuff.

It happens every 2 or 3 sets man. I played the game from sf set1 to socal 4 (probably the best set in the game). I loved UFS but it's impossible to fix the jank outside of keeping it in 1 set at a time.

Though I would like to see how my Cody deck would stand up to Jascos stuff.

I'll take you on. I have 13ish Megaman decks