mch64961

UFS

Hey Shoryuu, I'm curious, was the Turbo created for accessibility reasons? What's your opinion on Turbo vs Standard?

My guess is yes, but I have literally never seen or heard of anyone playing in the Turbo format.

I don't think it is an inherently bad format, just I haven't seen hide nor hair of it anywhere.

I'm actively collecting UFS, but have nobody to play with.  Nobody in the area has heard of it much less have an LGS that stocks it.  It looks fun and the battling with different IP's intrigues me. 

I'm actively collecting UFS, but have nobody to play with.  Nobody in the area has heard of it much less have an LGS that stocks it.  It looks fun and the battling with different IP's intrigues me.

I feel you. I only get Megaman cards

I feel you. I only get Megaman cards

I have a bit more than that.  I ordered the two Megaman decks online.  I managed a bunch of starters from various sets and two Darkstalkers tins when a games store (137 miles away -.-)  was getting rid of old inventory.  Didn't have any boosters though that bummed me out

Fyi there are 6 megaman starters.

Megaman/protoman tins

Megaman/Wily from rise of the masters

Megaman/Forte from Battle for power

I figured the tins, I just haven't got around to purchasing them yet.  Didn't know about the others.  Thanks.   :)

Where can you get the Megaman/Forte decks though?

Hell if in know. No place near me sells them. I just Oldman to grab them when i see them for my megaman shrine. If nothing weeks ill order them off ebay

On 2/7/2017 at 0:50 AM, FFXIK said:

Fyi there are 6 megaman starters.

Megaman/protoman tins

Megaman/Wily from rise of the masters

Megaman/Forte from Battle for power

I figured the tins, I just haven't got around to purchasing them yet.  Didn't know about the others.  Thanks.   :)

Where can you get the Megaman/Forte decks though?

http://www.rochesterccg.com/

I do miss playing UFS as I did like how creative and Open the deck building within the game was, However I did have a few Minor Gripes about how the Tournaments and Game were Managed as well as Certain Sets were not Completed, as well as other issue I feel that are plaguing UFS.

But however a very fun Technical Game none the less.

Seeing as I am clearly stupid, I bought more UFS today.

But to be fair, both Mega Man tins were on clearance for 1/10th the price. How could I pass that up? Can't resist cheap cards, even if I find the game to have some problems stopping me from enjoying it.

Half the packs had Rush as the rare -_-

OK. I am going to have to bend the old knee.

I got to sit down and play the game over the kitchen table with the Mega Man decks. I didn't really seem to have the problems I had before with a board of Foundations causing confusion or the Enhance Step being a case of 'three hours later'. I wonder if this is a case of two things coming together. One, I was taking much more notice of the Foundations I was playing as Foundations and not flooding the field with them. Keeping back some for Blocks, ect. The second being that I guess with the Starter Decks, the Enhance process doesn't involve as much as it does with a prebuilt deck. 

But I also wonder if UFS has a problem with a fairly high 'getting used to it' curve. My friend whom I was playing with was getting stressed, confused and was basically lost with the Mega Man deck. He started to get it by the end, but had similar complaints about it feeling ridged, unfun, stilted and confusing. Honestly? I didn't feel that way today. I kinda enjoyed it. Not as much as Z or even Magic, but more so than I did before.

I can't think of another game that makes such a dreadful first impression but gradually grows on you. Not saying I love it, but I've grown to not have many major complaints with it. I still think DBZ flows better and is ultimately a more rewarding experience, but I wouldn't mind a Starter Only format of UFS.

Out of those starters protoman is waaaaayyyy better. The Rise of the Masters Megaman starter felt more like megaman, as he used special weapons, to where as the tin feels like basic and charged shots. 

The Battle For Power stuff I have yet to find but I would love to get some of them because #megamanismylife