Justin McBride

FanZ - Android 18

72 posts in this topic

First preview from the FanZ development team.

[url=http://dbztoptier.com/index.php/index.html/_/dragon-ball-z-trading-card-game/fanz-android-18-r319]Click here to view the content[/url]
v3rse likes this

Honestly it's a better level 2. Shame it is not anti-physical like her previous one, but hey they kept the hand sculpting

I think people are underestimating hand sculpting and on demand crits. Is it enough to push her into tier 1 or even 2? Probably not since it's a lv 2, but maybe she'll get a new named card or other support as well.

Blue dominance resolute build might be decent. Frankly the no physical modifier always worked better on paper than it did in practice anyway.
AlexM likes this

Yeah you guys are underestimating a critical effect every turn. The other power is kind of unreliable but it has uses in putting endurance cards on top, setting up destruction effects, or filtering cards that you don't need in your match-up, so you can get closer to the cards you do need. 

Not to mention, you can get modifiers on the damage, if Orange Adaptive gets unfrozen I can see Android 18 doing well in it.

Also I think I heard A18 was getting a new named card somewhere on these forums.

I think people are underestimating hand sculpting and on demand crits. Is it enough to push her into tier 1 or even 2? Probably not since it's a lv 2, but maybe she'll get a new named card or other support as well.

Blue dominance resolute build might be decent. Frankly the no physical modifier always worked better on paper than it did in practice anyway.

As someone who plays 18, I can say that this lvl 2 is too strong for her and possibly the game.  Which is why I'm not digging the FanZ crew atm, this card is simply bad design to overcompensate for a stack that the community wrongfully accused of being bad.  18 is great, even without this lvl 2, this level 2 pushes her to Drawku levels of bullshit that I hoped we wouldn't see.  

As someone who plays 18, I can say that this lvl 2 is too strong for her and possibly the game. Which is why I'm not digging the FanZ crew atm, this card is simply bad design to overcompensate for a stack that the community wrongfully accused of being bad. 18 is great, even without this lvl 2, this level 2 pushes her to Drawku levels of bullshit that I hoped we wouldn't see.

I disagree, but I guess we'll find out. If she started on this level it would be trouble, but since she has to get to and maintain lv 2 I don't think it will be as effective.

I'm reeeally hoping Orange Adaptive gets unfrozen. I know this is just one level, but I feel A18 is a good candidate for orange, she can get Android Attack Drill and Overpowering Aura Drill out pretty easily. Then from this point on the L2 attack has potential to have 2 critical damage effects. Throw in some unpreventable effects for good measure. 

Oh God, based on some of what I've read here, this seems like it could turn into the same scenario as the current DC Comics movies. Everyone clamors for them and then just jumps and craps all over them once they're released, even though they are actually good movies. C'mon guys, this is a pretty fair level 2. It helps you filter draws, which can be used nicely with a Blue Resolute/Blue Dominance combo, and it gives a color like Blue much needed access to Crits. This card is no where NEAR the brokenness of Goku, thinking so is just ridiculous.

I'm happy with this card, and I hope Freeza and Android 16 getting the same treatment with new level 1s.
sh0ryu_repp4 and Littlebig like this

As someone who plays 18, I can say that this lvl 2 is too strong for her and possibly the game. Which is why I'm not digging the FanZ crew atm, this card is simply bad design to overcompensate for a stack that the community wrongfully accused of being bad. 18 is great, even without this lvl 2, this level 2 pushes her to Drawku levels of bullshit that I hoped we wouldn't see.

No disrespect here, I usually like seeing your posts, but this one baffled me.

1. What the hell were you playing against with 18? As far as what I know and have seen, Gohan, Cell, and Goku would like a word with you.

2. This level being as broken as, if not worse than Goku? What?

Not sure what some people are smoking.  18 is garbage tier.  Absolute trash and she has always been.

This level 2 is more playable than her other levels and is mediocre at best.  Why?  Zero card advantage.  Virtual card advantage?  No, Gohan is infinitely more virtual card advantage.

Garbage tier still.

SirCod and Artificial Human like this

No disrespect here, I usually like seeing your posts, but this one baffled me.
1. What the hell were you playing against with 18? As far as what I know and have seen, Gohan, Cell, and Goku would like a word with you.
2. This level being as broken as, if not worse than Goku? What?

No disrespect taken at all. I know I sound like a Looney/angry lol.

1. The words goku, Gohan, and cell said were "please stop hitting me for 5 with pokes".

2. Goku is blind/forced draw. 18 will be able to filter out dead draws and bad hands before anyone draws every turn. For no cost cost or drawback.

At least that is the deal with me. I just feel that if they give this kind of power to someone who didn't need it, how powerful are they going to make new mps?

The new Level 2 is pretty good, though I WAS expecting a level 1 and while it does make 18 more playable, She's only tier 2 at best, even if Tier 2 decks are tournament playable. This level is not bad at all. 

+1 Life card of damage is VERY good and proven to actually change the pace of the game. Filtering your hand at the start of each turn is AMAZING. Free crits every turn (depending on deck construction) is pretty good. 

Emperor likes this

Yeah this level isn't broken by any means, but is still powerful. In an environment where advancing a deck's plan is easier and easier, such MPPV, DBV, or ally builds, this crit effect is useful. But the fact that there isn't much card advantage (1 LC attack is almost negligible) makes it not broken. Even with hand filtering it isn't broken. 

Turles does something very similar, albeit on a hit effect, the difference is that his attack is worth stopping, so it eats up a block. People aren't complaining about turles.

It's also not as bad as Krillin, it does less damage, you have to reach this level, and now we have cards that advance MP's to stop level camping.

It's like one of those pictures where the more you look the more is wrong lol. Tons of spelling errors too.

Where's the spelling errors? I looked and couldn't find any.

v3rse and Emperor like this

Retro is a nightmare. If anything is going to hurt fanZ it's that retro seems to be the best way to find information on the game. Bunch of shit bricks arguing in circles and complaining for the sake of complaining.
Emperor likes this

Retro is a nightmare. If anything is going to hurt fanZ it's that retro seems to be the best way to find information on the game. Bunch of shit bricks arguing in circles and complaining for the sake of complaining.

When hasn't Retro been a shithole?

No idea. I just joined. If I had a better option I wouldn't have.

The funny thing is, there has been one or two occasions since I've been here where someone says Retro is a shit hole and someone creates a new account just to say it's not and that this is the shit hole.

This level 2 is good but her level one is godawful. Don't forget that Frieza has a pretty good level 2, but is still regulated to trash tier. Do people really think that sitting around all day, and waiting for Dominance to save them from a bad level one is going to work out for them?  

LeluGhost likes this

This level 2 is good but her level one is godawful. Don't forget that Frieza has a pretty good level 2, but is still regulated to trash tier. Do people really think that sitting around all day, and waiting for Dominance to save them from a bad level one is going to work out for them?  

It is pretty bad unless you get really lucky, but it isn't bottom of the barrel bad. Besides, I don't think people are expecting her to become TOPTIER, just decent.

Who am I kidding, her L1 is bottom of the barrel bad.

Edited by AlexM