sh0ryu_repp4

MetaX

104 posts in this topic

I was going to skip SDCC this year, since I've got Gencon a few weeks after, but I'm thinking of doing 1 day just because I want to keep my membership current.  I'll probably put up another promo request thread for it closer to summer.

On 3/17/2017 at 2:11 PM, Stryyder said:

I was going to skip SDCC this year, since I've got Gencon a few weeks after, but I'm thinking of doing 1 day just because I want to keep my membership current.  I'll probably put up another promo request thread for it closer to summer.

I was actually about to message you about this today Stryyder lol If so put me on 1st buddy!

New information released on the DBZ blog about MetaX:

* "Justice League" is the name of the first set of MetaX.

* Game will "debut" at SDCC (July 20-23) and will ship to hobby and retail stores in "mid-July". (someone needs to learn how to calendar)

* MetaX will supposedly have a website.

* Game engine will be "light(but deep)"

* game will have large art boxes.

* game will introduce "XR" or "Cross Rare" premium cards.

On 3/24/2017 at 6:20 PM, Stryyder said:

* game will introduce "XR" or "Cross Rare" premium cards.

I was down with everything until this part...

FUCKFUCKFUCK

PLEASE DONT PULL THE SAME UR BULLSHIT YOU DID WITH DBZ WITH THIS GAME PANINI GOD DAMMIT

43 minutes ago, Stryyder said:

that would require they actually LEARN from their mistakes.

Yeah... what a world that would be, huh? :'(

4 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Yeah... what a world that would be, huh? :'(

I would like to see a model with C, U, R, UR and CR.

6 UR per set with a 3 per box pull rate. CR at 3 per box but have them be Alt Full art of any R or higher card. Because FUCK the secondary market scum... myself included :D 

sh0ryu_repp4 likes this

19 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

The rest of us grew up and are way past that.

just because you don't wont everything handed to you don't mean your more grown up which is what your suggesting. I like for my cards to hold value and to make opening packs interesting which it's not if there is nothing good to pull

18 hours ago, soviet prince said:

just because you don't wont everything handed to you don't mean your more grown up which is what your suggesting. I like for my cards to hold value and to make opening packs interesting which it's not if there is nothing good to pull

Cards don't hold value. They have value while the game is played. You have been around the block a fair few times, you should know this.

Rarity isn't for fun and no one who prioritises play thinks of it as a positive beyond 'more money for the corporate=game life'. I'll let you onto something, Rarity, especially higher rarities such as your Ultra Rare, Mythic Rare, RRR, ext, all they do is line corporate's coffers. Players have to pay multitudes more or be pushed out of the game, while singles sellers see a situation where they have to purchase more product to get higher quantities of the more desirable cards, necessary for competitive play, which in turn devalues the rest of the product.

Games have survived and done well without those higher rarities, just C-U-R, but with Rare having a total of 1.5-2x the amount of Packs in a Box keeps them rare enough to gain value, while being accessible enough. All these higher rarities are is a ploy to make as much money in as short of time as possible and screw the long time success of the game or the game being accessible.

The Bear and sh0ryu_repp4 like this

there are plenty of people who like the collectible format,  chasing the cards is part of the fun. Have everything handed to me is a bore and has the fell of a board game which don't interest me. Cards do hold value after the game is done, ik because I have sold plenty of cards that it's game has long been dead.

Soviet is being Soviet, things are starting to get back to normal around here lol

There is a YOOOOOGE difference between enjoying the collectible aspect of a game and getting FUCKED over by bullshit company policies to squeeze more money out of you for bullshit rarity levels.

in a ccg there has to be rarity's higher then rare or it will end up being pokemon where ever card is worth no more then 10 dollars making it pointless in buying boxes.

46 minutes ago, soviet prince said:

in a ccg there has to be rarity's higher then rare or it will end up being pokemon where ever card is worth no more then 10 dollars making it pointless in buying boxes.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry man, that was legit funny.

Demand also has a lot to do with perceived value. Shaymin isn't particularly rare, but has a high price. What about the $5USD Uncommon Fatal Push in Magic right now?

You know the scenario I was describing to you where a higher than Rare rarity was introduced to make more sales immediately? I was describing Magic, which traditionally had 55 rares to a 36 Booster Box for a big set, 35 in a small. Mythic didn't happen till 2008, 15 years after Magic started. Magic. The oldest game of all and most consistently popular. The juggernaut.

Do you know why Wizards did it? The excuse is the most pathetic thing you'll ever hear.

'Well... everyone else was doing it.'

Or in other words, consumers will take more abuse. Let's crack out the bull whip.

ik why the company's do it, does not change that without raritys the game loses it's luster to me. I enjoy this for both the collector aspect as well as the game. 

16 hours ago, soviet prince said:

in pokemon where ever card is worth no more then 10 dollars

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17 hours ago, soviet prince said:

Protip: Actually know what you're talking about before speaking.

Point the first: Pokémon HAS rarity above rare.  They have EX/GX pokemon (or whatever the flavor of the generation is) that are billed as "UR", generally 4-6 per box, as well as Full Art versions (Generally 1-3 per box) and, lately, SR or "Secret" rare cards, generally Gold bordered foils of popular cards (even basic energy SRs in the latest set).  On average the standard EX/GX cards run from $5-40 depending on meta, full arts from $7-70 and SRs anywhere from $10-100 depending on what they are.

Point the second: Pokémon prices are completely ridiculous BECAUSE of having cards above rare.  Because the bulk of useful cards are in those rarities.  Commons are generally worthless because they are only ever used as evolution tracks that have no inherent value themselves.  Uncommons are barely above worthless, because that's where Trainer cards usually are, but other than that fall into the same category as Commons.  one or two rares per set may actually see some play, but other than that, see commons and uncommons.

Pokémon could EASILY drop the GX/EX cards into rare slots, drop rares in with the trainers in uncommon and simply use FA/SR cards as chase cards and it would be a WORLD of difference.  As it is, 95% of a pokemon box is worth nothing because they have embraced the "above rare" rarities to excess.  Not because they have none.

As Artificial Human pointed out, when a rarity above "rare" exists it pushes singles dealers to open more product in order to stock the most valuable cards.  We can see in multiple games that when this happens it does indeed push down the value of everything else in the set.  The result is a market where the majority of cards are worth close to nothing and the majority of second-hand value lies in only a handful of cards. 

Why would a company want to host a system that devalues their own cards?  Because companies have learned to leverage the secondary market in order to push their product.

oh I forgot you all are experts my bad .....

the rarity thing must be new because when I played recently the highest valued cards are very few with most being 5 -10, only a few cards hold any value at all. mot counting out of rotation cards because there not needed. 

having nothing to chase but rares is incredibly boring to me, and not worth the purchase of a box

nothing worth collecting is easy to get, if you don't like it there is board games and lcgs

Then have fun collecting Alt Art, Full Art, and Super Foiled cards. Try as hard as you might, you will never find an intelligent argument that supports the idea of "collectors" and their desire to chase rares being a positive thing for a competitive environment. No one is really saying that super ultra hard cards shouldn't exist, what's being said is that they shouldn't exist exclusively in that rarity. A game can cater to collectors without negatively impacting the competitive environment. You haven't earned anything by being willing to drop $100+ on a single card to gain an edge in competition. Not to mention the reason so many cards lose value is because you create a supply is greater than demand situation. While your chase card has value, often times less than the amount of product you purchased to get it, the rest of the cards in the box will be all but worthless due to so many being in circulation from all of the boxes opened for chase cards. 

If the value is to you as a collector than the solution is simple. Don't make chase cards exclusive to that rarity. This allows competitive players to play on a more level field not dictated by wallet and appeal to people who are just collecting for cool art and shiny stuff that was hard to get.

alt cards don't gain as much value as unique cards, oh boy I pulled a slightly different art of a card that I already have soooo exciting. If you are going to play competitive your going to have to put money into it, if you want everything handed to you why not just print it off since it does the same thing.