sh0ryu_repp4

MetaX

83 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, soviet prince said:

oh I forgot you all are experts my bad .....

the rarity thing must be new because when I played recently the highest valued cards are very few with most being 5 -10, only a few cards hold any value at all. mot counting out of rotation cards because there not needed. 

having nothing to chase but rares is incredibly boring to me, and not worth the purchase of a box

nothing worth collecting is easy to get, if you don't like it there is board games and lcgs

Yes, we are experts. Not sure why you're not to be honest. You've implied you have the nearly 20 years experience most of us have. Maybe you haven't put much thought into it, you keep going on and on about your own personal enjoyment without a concern for others or why corporations do what they do and what effect that has upon the community as a whole.

Also don't quite comprehend the 'nothing to chase but rares bores me.'. I thought you played, a statement like that certainly implies you only collect. Pulling that copy of a card you need, regardless of rarity, is a nice feeling.

it's not a nice felling to pull the same card for the millionth time, why open packs when it be cheaper to just buy singles. I collect and I buy if there something I can't get i get off the single market 20-30 bucks for a card is not that big a deal. db ccg is really the only card game were I needed 100+ to buy a single card

4 hours ago, soviet prince said:

db ccg is really the only card game were I needed 100+ to buy a single card

You havent played alot of CCGs then have you? lol Even with the Awakening UR shenanigans DBZ was STILL the cheapest game to play.

48 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

You havent played alot of CCGs then have you? lol Even with the Awakening UR shenanigans DBZ was STILL the cheapest game to play.

Not sure I agree with that. H&V and Evolutions were pretty normal in terms of price, due to sucking so hard and having their value concentrated into a chase rare each, but Premier, TMC, Vengeance and Awakening were pretty fucking expensive due to their Ultra Rares, the prices they were commanding and how close those cards ran to staples, Unleashed being the single worst in terms of becoming a staple.

The Bear likes this

1 minute ago, Artificial Human said:

Not sure I agree with that. H&V and Evolutions were pretty normal in terms of price, due to sucking so hard and having their value concentrated into a chase rare each, but Premier, TMC, Vengeance and Awakening were pretty fucking expensive due to their Ultra Rares, the prices they were commanding and how close those cards ran to staples, Unleashed being the single worst in terms of becoming a staple.

At that point, compared to the other big 3, even tho it did get really expensive it STILL didnt come close to them.

17 hours ago, soviet prince said:

alt cards don't gain as much value as unique cards, oh boy I pulled a slightly different art of a card that I already have soooo exciting. If you are going to play competitive your going to have to put money into it, if you want everything handed to you why not just print it off since it does the same thing.

Soviet, the reason people are ripping you apart is because your arguments dont make sense due to the fact that they are extremely subjective; your philosophy of collectible cards games can be likened to solipsism, someone who believes that the game exists strictly for their entertainment (as opposed to everyone's).

You want exclusive rarities because they are collectible and you enjoy the feeling of opening or otherwise obtaining the card.  If this came down strictly to collecting, you wouldn't care if the UR is an alt-art or not.  But it doesnt.  You dont just like the feeling of obtaining a hard-to-get card, you also like the feeling of superiority it gives you over other players in the game.  Sure, it isn't quite pay-to-win but you enjoy the feeling of having access better cards because you put in the money to obtain it.

I am terming this "Soviet's Syndrome," where a player craves the feeling of superiority in a card game environment to the point where paying for this feeling is the primary means of obtainment rather than developing skills playing the game. 

19 hours ago, soviet prince said:

alt cards don't gain as much value as unique cards, oh boy I pulled a slightly different art of a card that I already have soooo exciting.

Promo reprints destroy this argument.  However, if you wish to talk packaged product I will, again, reference Pokémon.  Alt cards value can easily be more than unique, because of rarity.  Gold UB, a secret rare version of an uncommon, goes for $75.  Full art cards are RARELY cheaper than their lower rarity alternatives. The new MTG expedition cards also come to mind.

I think you are incorrectly referencing your own perceived "fun" value, rather than ACTUAL value.

23 hours ago, soviet prince said:

Having nothing to chase but rares is incredibly boring to me, and not worth the purchase of a box

nothing worth collecting is easy to get, if you don't like it there is board games and lcgs

I will flip this argument around.  The primary function of a game is to be a game.  Regardless if it is a board game, lcg, tcg, ccg, cmg, etc etc etc.  The collecting/trading aspect is SECONDARY in a game.  If you don't like it, there are sports cards and trading cards out there that are primarily for collecting.

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

Soviet, the reason people are ripping you apart is because your arguments dont make sense due to the fact that they are extremely subjective; your philosophy of collectible cards games can be likened to solipsism, someone who believes that the game exists strictly for their entertainment (as opposed to everyone's).

You want exclusive rarities because they are collectible and you enjoy the feeling of opening or otherwise obtaining the card.  If this came down strictly to collecting, you wouldn't care if the UR is an alt-art or not.  But it doesnt.  You dont just like the feeling of obtaining a hard-to-get card, you also like the feeling of superiority it gives you over other players in the game.  Sure, it isn't quite pay-to-win but you enjoy the feeling of having access better cards because you put in the money to obtain it.

I am terming this "Soviet's Syndrome," where a player craves the feeling of superiority in a card game environment to the point where paying for this feeling is the primary means of obtainment rather than developing skills playing the game. 

your wrong superiority has nothing to do with it, alt arts tend to not reach the value of a unique one and I like to get my moneys worth when opening a box.

what are you alls definition of an expensive rare card?  

1 hour ago, soviet prince said:

rares that tend to be that high might as well be super rare since there usually short printed 

Nope. High rare count and more importantly desirability will do this.

Again, Magic has a $5USD UNCOMMON right now. Mana fixing always goes 5-15 for a good one depending on desirability, at Rare.

Hell even in Pokemon your trainers can be a chunk of change because of desirability.

Think about it this way. Imagine if everyone needed 3 Time is a Warriors Tool regardless of deck. It's not 1/box. How expensive would it have been?

sh0ryu_repp4 likes this

2 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

Think about it this way. Imagine if everyone needed 3 Time is a Warriors Tool regardless of deck. It's not 1/box. How expensive would it have been?

For a good example of that from panZ just look at chokes. that was a standard rare, but it was so god damn good everyone wanted it and that jacked up the price.

Artificial Human likes this

15 hours ago, soviet prince said:

your wrong superiority has nothing to do with it, alt arts tend to not reach the value of a unique one

Examples?

Pokémon - Full Art Shaymin (Alt art of a good card) more expensive than any other card in its set.

MTG - Expeditions (Alt art of good old cards) more expensive than any other card in its set.

DBZ - VES/HES set 7 (alt art of set 1 spheres) more expensive than any other card in its set.

I can't think of a game where your example makes sense, aside from games which just print alt art of crap cards or just dump really good cards into lower rarities later (i.e. Yugioh).  Alt art of good cards nearly always go for more than other cards because people like to chase the more unique version.

6 hours ago, Stryyder said:

Examples?

Pokémon - Full Art Shaymin (Alt art of a good card) more expensive than any other card in its set.

MTG - Expeditions (Alt art of good old cards) more expensive than any other card in its set.

DBZ - VES/HES set 7 (alt art of set 1 spheres) more expensive than any other card in its set.

I can't think of a game where your example makes sense, aside from games which just print alt art of crap cards or just dump really good cards into lower rarities later (i.e. Yugioh).  Alt art of good cards nearly always go for more than other cards because people like to chase the more unique version.

there is only 3 cards that really expensive rest seem to be below 5 dollars

5 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Guys let's stop making all this sense and giving concrete examples, and go back to complaining that we still know nothing about MetaX yet lol

Yes, lets go back to theory crafting about Red Superman and Namikian Martian Manhunter!

Do you know what i did do first when i saw those card pictures?

I took a deep look onto the calendar on the wall, because i thought today is April 1st instead of April 24th.

The PanZ layout/template was already a joke, but this is, i have no words at all, i am simply speechless.

Googled "Meta X" yesterday.

Couldn't find a single thing on this game and google's suggestion to expand my search to "Metax Panini" was listed...seventh. After expanding the search to "Metax Panini" the search returns articles from February on the DBZ Panini Wordpress blog; nothing on the first two pages links to the recent blog post.

Then I just checked the Panini DBZ wordpress and found it.

The design of the game means nothing if Panini cant be bothered to even market it.  They havent even created a wordpress for Meta X.

Somebody at Panini is attempting to troll the Panini-Z community.  Why else would their first preview card, Superman, have the ability that reads "draw a card."

I'm glad Panini put symbols to show when a card activates, as I expect the rules of the game to be needlessly convoluted.

Artificial Human and cytorak like this