sh0ryu_repp4

MetaX

104 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

A lot of that is licensing though. That will be a continued problem with Panini in a multi-ip game. They'll be confined to the limitations set forth by the license owner. Bandai has a bit more lead way because they're in tight with Toei Animation and Toriyama. Japanese companies are known for being close nit in situations like this so Bandai will probably keep cranking out high end images. 

I mean the art is fine it just doesn't wow me because I know where it all came from. So that combined with the lackluster layout just makes me look at the cards unfavorably.

My real concern with this game is that...

The reason Panini got away with DBZ is because we all loved the original game. They were riding the coattails of that game and could barely handle it. Now they have a new game with no nostalgia to fall back on, and that version of Panini doesn't inspire any confidence with me.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

The artwork is just copy pasted from the comics which im not impressed with and I still think the layout looks like something done on MS Paint. Feels too empty. 

Artwork is likely a DC problem.  This will now be the third game using artwork that will likely overlap.(DC Deckbuilding and Dice Masters)

14 hours ago, Stryyder said:

Artwork is likely a DC problem.  This will now be the third game using artwork that will likely overlap.(DC Deckbuilding and Dice Masters)

Like I said the actual artwork is good but it is just so blatantly copypasta'd from the comics it makes it feel, almost fan made. If that makes sense.