So how does everyone feel about the idea of Panini's new game? I personally love the concept and the fact they will be incorporating movies and that the first set will be DC focused is a HUGE draw for me. I am wondering what the possibilities could be!

I am very interested to learn more, needless to say.

What say you Top Tier?

I'm not sure how exactly I feel about it.  Sadly (I wish this were not the case), my interests are very, VERY limited.  One reason I am not on the Destiny bandwagon is because I am just not into Star Wars (still have not seen episode 7, or Rogue One for that matter).  I don't dislike Star Wars, just...eh. 

That goes for most things.  Never been into comic related stuff be it DC or Marvel.  I'm not even into anime.  Dragonball Z seems to be a rare exception; DBZ always pumps me up.  Granted, I'm not touching the new Bandai game so just having a game based on something I like is clearly not a sufficient condition, but I fear it  may be a necessary one. 

That, and the whole licensing issue with PanZ just left a bad taste in my mouth, whether or not Panini was at any sort of fault.  Combined with the fact that they could have handled PanZ SO much better (some freaking advertising could have made the game much bigger) is more or less pushing me away from all things Panini (and Bandai, for that matter). 

Also, I want to play games that have serious organized play.  From what I've heard, SWD doesn't have such a system in place yet (I want regionals, etc.) and the only other games that have anything like that would be MTG (not a new-person friendly game competitively speaking...you know how many cards I would have to buy/memorize?!  Also just not super into the gameplay itself) and Pokemon (haven't played pokemon since high school and don't get me wrong, I love me some Pokemanz but the idea of playing card games with a bunch of 12 year olds creeps me out).  At least, I am under the impression that Pokemon has OP.  I dunno. 

Sigh.  I need to find a new hobby.  PanZ dying has left me quite bored and I have no idea how well FanZ is going to do or if I will get the OP season I crave.

I completely understand where you're coming from Arby but for me personally I am a complete jack of all trades nerd. I have my top shelf favorites but I am into ALOT of Movies, video games, comics, anime, etc. so this seems like it might be a perfect fit for me.

Not enough information for me. I am hoping it uses the Z engine but even then they'll have to establish a good track record of keeping it afloat before I'll invest. Fortunately, I have plenty of friends that are willing to dump money into it and I can play off of their investment. 

So here is what they would have to do different:

Starter Decks should never be blind buys and should never have exclusive cards that you can ONLY get in them. Especially when every card in a starter deck can only be obtained in that starter deck. Players should get to choose how they are introduced into the game. If they want to entice players into starter decks, have the key cards for that deck be foiled or alternate art. 

Their rarity distribution needs to change and they need to grow up about it. Set 7 is monstrous. It takes at minimum 3 cases for a playset of all UR in the set. That and something akin to set 1 can never happen again. It shouldn't take more than half-of to 1 case for a play set of every card. This allows you to satisfy pack buyers and secondary markets. They cannot market a TCG the way they do a Memorabilia Collection.

OP needs to be taken seriously. It was ran by children who absolutely believed they were smarter and better than the customers. #itsfine is not an acceptable answer when you know you're screwing up. An actual judging program needs to be in place and judges that are clearly not accustomed to the game they are judging for need to be removed mid tournament BEFORE they're allowed to continue making bad calls.

Having 4 sources for rules and clarifications is absolutely stupid. I don't want a 15 page CRD as much as the next guy, but having to look up a Blog post from 5 months ago is unacceptable when explaining why something is the way it is to a new player. A rulebook and a CRD are needed and the CRD needs to be specific to rule and wording clarification. From the gate they need to have a searchable "oracle" that will store all of the card specific interaction rulings and then a comprehensive rulings document that players and judges can look at if the oracle isn't available. So in essence three sources that all work together. A Clarification and Rulings Document (kept short and to the point), A Comprehensive Rules Document (that has every ruling in it), and a Rule Book that needs to clearly identify the key mechanics of the game. 

I co sign everything you said Goo. If they were able to do all that AND HAVE BATMAN CARDS this might become my favorite CCG ever lol Whether that happens or not only time can tell but i can certainly hope for the best.

I just want my Batman mastery lol

I'm Batman

Event

(This card can only be played on your first action this combat and you must say the title in a deep scratchy voice when you play the card or it is negated.)

Your opponent must look at you as if you're dumb. Your opponent skips their next action. Your opponent must continue to look confused or skip their next action. 

Flavor Text "Well no shit dumbass. Your name is in the title."

23 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

LMAO

More card games need Leeroy Jenkins/Unglued style effects

The most fun I have ever had in a card game was playing Unglued magic lol

Unglued and Unhinged is how you lose friends lol. 

I'm very sceptical of anything panini does going forward. The game itself would have to blow me away for me to consider it. If it runs on a modified Z engine that would be a step in the right direction, but I don't know how likely that is. A lot of factors would have to pan out for me to spend money on a panini product again. 

joker name card has to be "

"why so serious" 

this can be discarded to stop an phy/energy attack,both players rejuvenate x, where x = the amount of life card/stages the attack would have done. 

each player must take turns telling a joke until both players laugh at a joke, 

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/37017/new-justice-league-tcg

vague details from GAMA. (They are mostly plugging Afterworld)

MetaX stuff to debut at SDCC, launching shortly after, likely in October if they keep the same trend as PanZ.  Getting ready to grab ALL the super saiyan god Superman promos...

13 hours ago, Stryyder said:

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/37017/new-justice-league-tcg

vague details from GAMA. (They are mostly plugging Afterworld)

MetaX stuff to debut at SDCC, launching shortly after, likely in October if they keep the same trend as PanZ.  Getting ready to grab ALL the super saiyan god Superman promos...

Are they I have not heard much of anything aside for the JL tcg announcement :(

I'm not making the same mistake I made before. I'll be buying them when they are in mass instead of waiting for the game to come out and watching GodSuperman jump to $100 a pop and SDCC Robin jumping to $50 because his set one has an extra sentence that makes the SDCC slightly better.