barrinmw

All the New Fanz cards

58 posts in this topic

There's so much stuff in there, whatever meta pops out of this is going to be stupid broken.

I'm interested to see what it is.

v3rse likes this

Whoa thanks for the checklist!  I'll be reading through these more when I get off of work.

Some of those 1 per deck freestyle cards are really interesting.  New cancelling effects (at the risk of being a dead draw when not needed!).  I actually really like this new set so far.  We'll see how the meta turns out!  Can't be worse than Black Krillin all day every day.

Is android 16's HIT affect a floating one? Because it reads to me like you had to have changed levels already in order to use it..

16 minutes ago, LordVader said:

Is android 16's HIT affect a floating one? Because it reads to me like you had to have changed levels already in order to use it..

I'm pretty sure you have to hit, and you have to have changed levels prior to resolving the HIT effect.

53 minutes ago, Majin Goo said:

Did no one else notice they fixed the new Frieza level 1 with a buff. 

yup and he's WAY better now!

Holy crap I didn't notice.  Gonna check in a minute...

Also, Blue Quick Save is bullshit. xD  Fortunately, it can easily be a dead card depending on what the opponent is doing so I'm not too worried about it being abused.

NEATO!  New Frieza lv 1 constant effect!  I love me some ally hate. Worth taking off the hit effect from the attack. Dibs on Blue Resolute Frieza. 

I'm actually really pumped about the new set now.  IMO the cards are really cool and overall balanced save for a few potentially problematic MP stacks. 

Really disappointed with this set. Red seems like it was the only style that was given any thought towards synergy and "balance." While I'm pleased that Ascension got decent support, every other style is either a hodgepodge of meaningless effects, a broken rigmarole of text that would give the best MtG judges nightmares, or bland power creep with weak or no synergy that was designed for archetypes that no cared about long before we knew the writing was on the wall.

ChangelingBard and LeluGhost like this

It's too bad this game will never get past the "hope you draw better cards than your opponent and that's about it" phase.  Very little synergy and comboing in this game.  I'm very underwhelmed by the new set and am glad I havent wasted more time on the game since it died.  It's even worse given the immense power creep; they could have used the extra text to generate synergy and create combos within a style, but instead we get cards that simply do many things themselves.  Many of the new cards are just shotguns. 

This game could be incredible with the right direction...

I like the set overall. It still feels a little less than a complete set, but I guess I'll have to get used to that. There is some crazy powerful stuff and potential meta upheaval here, but there always is.

In my opinion the styles that got the best support in order were:

Black

Red

Orange 

Saiyan 

Namekian 

Blue

1 hour ago, Uncle Sam said:

Really disappointed with this set. Red seems like it was the only style that was given any thought towards synergy and "balance." While I'm pleased that Ascension got decent support, every other style is either a hodgepodge of meaningless effects, a broken rigmarole of text that would give the best MtG judges nightmares, or bland power creep with weak or no synergy that was designed for archetypes that no cared about long before we knew the writing was on the wall.

On one hand I agree with you about the archetypes that never went anywhere, but the reason they never went anywhere is because they needed more support, so I am glad they are at least trying to bring in new archetypes.  Now, will that actually go anywhere or will it wind up being a wasted effort?  Could go either way. 

And with such a small number of new cards, it's hard to do everything that should be done.  I will say that some of those player-made freestyle cards are indeed text nightmares though.  Dat Afterimage...

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's too bad this game will never get past the "hope you draw better cards than your opponent and that's about it" phase.  Very little synergy and comboing in this game.  I'm very underwhelmed by the new set and am glad I havent wasted more time on the game since it died.  It's even worse given the immense power creep; they could have used the extra text to generate synergy and create combos within a style, but instead we get cards that simply do many things themselves.  Many of the new cards are just shotguns. 

This game could be incredible with the right direction...

I dunno I'm gonna orange uppercut into orange bicycle kick and smash some FACE

So the actual set, excluding the preview, has one less Saiyan card and is majoritally Non Combat. For the Combat Focused Colour. No Events, only Physical Combat is the Preview, separate from the main set.

PanZ is still racist. Developers don't care about Saiya People. >:-(

LeluGhost likes this

1 hour ago, Artificial Human said:

So the actual set, excluding the preview, has one less Saiyan card and is majoritally Non Combat. For the Combat Focused Colour. No Events, only Physical Combat is the Preview, separate from the main set.

PanZ is still racist. Developers don't care about Saiya People. >:-(

I've seen a lot of complaints (as is standard for these things). Some of them are justified, and some of them are not. But this is easily the most petty.

Saiyan got the same number of attacks as everyone else. If anything having one of them be a preview shows favoritism. 

SS Bardock is useless fan-wank and should never have entered this game unless we ran out of other sources.

That said, I'm very interested to start building black Frieza again.  Last time I played him(shortly after Set 7 release) I did 117LC in Supernovas (post endurance) in 4 rounds.  Looking to break that record.

My love of Frieza is overcoming my hatred for the rest of the set.  Though not enough to actually make me play outside of locals.

Full of spelling errors... Red Reverse (attach it to you MP), Blue Quick Save (Your oppenent)

Saiyan gets a bunch of RADDITZ support... meh... But that 3rd Broly named card is going in my deck for sure.

5 minutes ago, ultimapanzer said:

Full of spelling errors... Red Reverse (attach it to you MP), Blue Quick Save (Your oppenent)

Saiyan gets a bunch of RADDITZ support... meh... But that 3rd Broly named card is going in my deck for sure.

Legendary strike or burst?

Well aside from the fact that my friend's still salty about Pikkon not being able to use Namekian, most of the Styled cards in this set are underwhelming except for the non-Styled cards featured with Puzzler and The Implication. Saiyan Legendary Strike could be okay in Broly while Frieza's Arrogance works nicely with his Premiere Set Level 1 yet I hate that he's still shoehorned into Blue Tag Team and King Cold though.

Was really hoping that my Red Ascension Piccolo deck would get a buff from this set but it seems as though it mostly went toward Red Ruthless builds, at least Afterimage Technique helps me get Piccolo's Weighted Clothing into my discard pile faster with the option of stopping an attack instead of gaining anger not to mention being able to protect Dragon Balls aside from Earth Dragon Ball 5.

2 hours ago, Card Slinger J said:

Well aside from the fact that my friend's still salty about Pikkon not being able to use Namekian, most of the Styled cards in this set are underwhelming except for the non-Styled cards featured with Puzzler and The Implication. Saiyan Legendary Strike could be okay in Broly while Frieza's Arrogance works nicely with his Premiere Set Level 1 yet I hate that he's still shoehorned into Blue Tag Team and King Cold though.

Was really hoping that my Red Ascension Piccolo deck would get a buff from this set but it seems as though it mostly went toward Red Ruthless builds, at least Afterimage Technique helps me get Piccolo's Weighted Clothing into my discard pile faster with the option of stopping an attack instead of gaining anger not to mention being able to protect Dragon Balls aside from Earth Dragon Ball 5.

Frieza isn't shoehorned into tag team at all considering he can rejuv king Cold from banish with his level 2 and his new named card gives him a reliable ally tutor.