barrinmw

Fanz Banlist Update

58 posts in this topic

Awww..... sadness. I loved that Gohan Level 4 Loop.... broken as all %$#@ but I loved it xD. I SEE where they're going with Red Trailing Blast and Blue Terror, but I don't agree with either decision. LUCKILY however, I gave up going to official events after Score ended lol. Also, if anyone wants to send me a list of updates/changes made to cards that have yet to be reprinted, I can make some updated Virtual copies for everyone.

Eh I'm pretty neutral as far as these changes go.  Blue Goku gets hit hard by terror freeze though so that makes me happy.  Hard to deal with lv 4 goku using a blue terror every combat...

I don't know if I really had beef with trailing blast but I don't play it so /shrug :P

2 minutes ago, v3rse said:

I'm fine with the changes, but it still seems pretty backward to me. The route of the problem is still unleashed. That is what should've been banned. They're trying to treat the symptoms rather than the route cause.

Agreed

7 hours ago, v3rse said:

I'm fine with the changes, but it still seems pretty backward to me. The route of the problem is still unleashed. That is what should've been banned. They're trying to treat the symptoms rather than the route cause.

one GAJILLION percent this. I just DO NOT COMPREHEND WHY UNLEASHED STILL ISN'T BANNED

It is the obvious answer staring everyone in the face and it is STILL there

COME.ON.

Artificial Human likes this

Why not just freeze Unleashed for an event or two to see if it destroys the game or not? The game's dead, and no one (should) be making money off of tournaments, so what's the harm?

The thing that still blows my mind is that Panini went out of their way in Set 1-6 to make drawing cards/card advantage difficult to obtain without banishing cards (outside VTP and Saiyan Grab). Then, in Set 7, they design an MP explicitly able to gain card advantage with no drawbacks.

I called it weeks ago. The stack of Future Gohan level 1, Awakening Gohan level 2, Future Gohan level 3, and Set 1 Gohan level 4 was broken. You'd win by MPPV by the start of the third combat. Orange Roshi, and Red Drawku are also broken MPPV decks since they both win by the third turn. Or did they nerf Roshi so he doesn't get 2 anger just by going to level 2?

There are two easy ways of fixing the game. 1. Ban Unleashed. 2. Make Drawku say "When entering combat, draw a card" on every level instead of whatever he normally does.

Third way of fixing the game... Get the final two suggested nerfs in, and then DON"T TOUCH ANYTHING!

Drawku is easy to fix:

make the discard option on the level 2 mandatory

make lv3 instant effect into a HIT effect.

SirCod likes this

6 minutes ago, Jaith1 said:

Drawku is easy to fix:

make the discard option on the level 2 mandatory

make lv3 instant effect into a HIT effect.

The biggest problem with Drawku is that you can level up to gain another card, which gains you more anger, which let's you level up to get another card etc. Let's say you start with 2 anger on level one Drawku. You have your 5 card hand, and play 3 cards to level up. You go up a level, and then get another card with level 2 power. You burn ascension mastery or get a 2 anger card and level up again. Finally you draw with level 3 power. That's a 7 card hand and 9 anger in a single combat.

57 minutes ago, SirCod said:

The biggest problem with Drawku is that you can level up to gain another card, which gains you more anger, which let's you level up to get another card etc. Let's say you start with 2 anger on level one Drawku. You have your 5 card hand, and play 3 cards to level up. You go up a level, and then get another card with level 2 power. You burn ascension mastery or get a 2 anger card and level up again. Finally you draw with level 3 power. That's a 7 card hand and 9 anger in a single combat.

What a combogasm- I wish I had drawku..

This doesn't even hurt blue Goku that much. You lose the ability to throw an attack that searches for anything but you can still search any zone for a styled card. You can no longer grab time or any other non styled card but level 3 can recur time anyway unless they have confrontation/stare down. As much as I would hate to dismantle blue Goku, unleashed should go. Black Goku, or any other awakening Goku for that matter, does just fine.

LeluGhost likes this

I honestly don't think unleashed would be AS bad if it didn't have the de-level clause. Because of that, any auto level card, symmetrical or otherwise becomes basically nonexistent. I love my orange 20, but It can't do that well in a meta running rampant with unleashed knocking everyone back down to 1. I'll still play orange 20, but against anything unleashed, I know I'm going back down to 1. And don't get me started on the unleashed war.

14 hours ago, Hellsfire said:

You guys STILL whining about Unleashed?

Um yeah because it is still game breaking, stupid, and bad. and they STILL refuse to change it with literally no reason left anymore now that the money portion of the equation is moot.

That's like saying "are you STILL complaining about that hideous growth on your arm?"

1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Um yeah because it is still game breaking, stupid, and bad. and they STILL refuse to change it with literally no reason left anymore now that the money portion of the equation is moot.

That's like saying "are you STILL complaining about that hideous growth on your arm?"

"Fine, you baby. We'll cut off your other arm and both legs to fix this 'perceived' arm growth 'problem.' Happy now?"`

v3rse, SirCod, sh0ryu_repp4 and 1 other like this

48 minutes ago, cytorak said:

"Fine, you baby. We'll cut off your other arm and both legs to fix this 'perceived' arm growth 'problem.' Happy now?"`

It is funny because it is true.

What's that? Black Krillin is broken because his Disk doesn't BAU, and he gets to have x3 Smoothness Drill? Better ban BST, and BSM!

What's that? Namekian Cell is broken because he just jump kicks up to level 3, and then plays his own game? Better ban Namekian Overtime!

What's that? Orange Roshi is broken because of anger shenanigans? Better ban Orange Focusing Drill!

30 minutes ago, SirCod said:

What's that? Black Krillin is broken because his Disk doesn't BAU, and he gets to have x3 Smoothness Drill? Better ban BST, and BSM!

What's that? Namekian Cell is broken because he just jump kicks up to level 3, and then plays his own game? Better ban Namekian Overtime!

What's that? Orange Roshi is broken because of anger shenanigans? Better ban Orange Focusing Drill!

I don't think anyone complained about those cards. They limited smoothness drill in the vengeance format, overtime was never a problem, especially not in cell and focusing drill doesn't even make sense. 

Clearly their intent was to nerf Goku because blue terror was never griped about in the past. If they want to stop Goku from abusing it they either ban terror, which they chose to do, or they stop Goku from consistently and quickly reaching arguably his best level which is unleashed. i like playing blue Goku but even I have to admit that unleashed is unfair. I will also be super salty if they ban unleashed because I bought a full price play set just before awakening dropped and bought promo quick blasts to foil out my Goku.