Majin Goo

Starter Kit, Images and OCTGN Packs for PanZ and FanZ

Here it is, the image collection I've been working on. Everything needed is there except some alt art promos and Beerus. I couldn't find a hi-res scan of Beerus, but as soon as I get one it will be updated. I have painstakingly renamed every card based on its collector's number to make it somewhat easier to find (Panini's naming conventions for their files became horrendous as they got into later sets).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzI8YZLelEpkZk9uNnpsWHlxQ0E/view?usp=sharing

Below is a link to tournament documents needed for competitive play. It includes the most recent CRD's, Tournament Guide and Rulebook for PanZ and FanZ. This will also be updated each time there is a change.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzI8YZLelEpkOTZ4NVZVLWFYbGM/view?usp=sharing

Below is the link for the Image Packs for OCTGN as provided and maintained by Brandon Shollenberger. All other instructions for installing OCTGN and the DBZ Feed remain the same for now.

http://www.hi-izuru.org/DBZ/

Drop a comment to let me know if anything isn't right or if the link stops working. 

I'm not sure how you request a sticky but I think this would be something useful to have at the top. I will be keeping this updated as FanZ progresses.

I'll continue to keep a quick startup for new players active for as long as FanZ is still a thing.

6 hours ago, Metallica Man X said:

I can scan you a Beerus...How high of res do you count as high-res?

At least 150 dpi and capable of being scaled and printed at 2.5 by 3.5 inches with minimal to no blur. I have a Beerus but my scanner is cheap and crap. 

17 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

Here it is, the image collection I've been working on. Everything needed is there except some alt art promos and Beerus. I couldn't find a hi-res scan of Beerus, but as soon as I get one it will be updated. I have painstakingly renamed every card based on its collector's number to make it somewhat easier to find (Panini's naming conventions for their files became horrendous as they got into later sets).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzI8YZLelEpkNGoyZjJvdUdpZXc/view?usp=sharing

Drop a comment to let me know if anything isn't right or if the link stops working. 

I'm not sure how you request a sticky but I think this would be something useful to have at the top. I will be keeping this updated as FanZ progress. Roy, if you're reading, I'm open to sharing this space with you if you have an image collection you'd like to zip and distribute for your fans as well.

You are my favorite person right now.

On 3/23/2017 at 3:33 PM, Littlebig said:

You are my favorite person right now.

I wasn't sure if something like this existed that was easy to find. I put this together for my locals to start an easy to use starter kit that would continue to expand. Figured I might as well post it everywhere else as well.

7 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

I wasn't sure if something like this existed that was easy to find. I put this together for my locals to start an easy to use starter kit that would continue to expand. Figured I might as well post it everywhere else as well.

I was hoping that something like this would be available soon for the people at my local. people seem interested but every con about the game put them off. I didn't want to be like "hey proxies make the game cheap now but you still have to buy all these cards from packs" now it's just "hey this game is cheaper than a dollar store. You down?"

7 hours ago, Littlebig said:

I was hoping that something like this would be available soon for the people at my local. people seem interested but every con about the game put them off. I didn't want to be like "hey proxies make the game cheap now but you still have to buy all these cards from packs" now it's just "hey this game is cheaper than a dollar store. You down?"

There's no reason it can't be what you need it to be local. We're 100% proxy and allow alt art proxies so long as the exact text from a printed version or CRD is used. 

9 hours ago, Littlebig said:

I have so many extras I give away 3-4 decks a tournament, so far it works as my locals sprang from 2 to 15 after the game died.

6 hours ago, ChangelingBard said:

I have so many extras I give away 3-4 decks a tournament, so far it works as my locals sprang from 2 to 15 after the game died.

Yeah. I have several collections to go through and start giving away. We finally have interest in the game now that it's dead lol.

9 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

Yeah. I have several collections to go through and start giving away. We finally have interest in the game now that it's dead lol.

Sweet irony 

On 3/26/2017 at 2:21 AM, Littlebig said:

Sweet irony 

I was waiting for it to die anyways. Anyone who wasn't expecting it to die at the end of the Buu Saga has too much hope in their life. It died sooner than expected but I'm okay with that because now the real fun can begin. All of the crazy shit that comes from the community. For better or for worst, it will be a ride. 

5 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

I was waiting for it to die anyways. Anyone who wasn't expecting it to die at the end of the Buu Saga has too much hope in their life. It died sooner than expected but I'm okay with that because now the real fun can begin. All of the crazy shit that comes from the community. For better or for worst, it will be a ride. 

I personally hope it lasts. I love the the IP and the game itself so I'm willing to enjoy the ride while it does lasts. I'm only worried that if/when the game picks up enough speed to warrant a cease and desist letter from probabaly both Bandai and panini. 

Just a note for anyone looking to download these. You will still need to trim Panini's overly large black borders. Going to presume you also need to resize to 3.5 x 2.5 inches too.

I had all the images as the game went on, so I downloaded these to see if Goo had trimmed and resized them to save me some time, lol.

11 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

Just a note for anyone looking to download these. You will still need to trim Panini's overly large black borders. Going to presume you also need to resize to 3.5 x 2.5 inches too.

I had all the images as the game went on, so I downloaded these to see if Goo had trimmed and resized them to save me some time, lol.

There's a reason I didn't. The site I use to make proxies doesn't compensate for bleed and safe zones correctly. These oversized borders deal with their cut measurements perfectly. You can see examples in the provided link. This is how they came out without trimming.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzI8YZLelEpkN1J6bVZNRktnbjA?usp=sharing

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, Majin Goo said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzI8YZLelEpkNGoyZjJvdUdpZXc/view?usp=sharing

Below is a link to tournament documents needed for competitive play. It includes the most recent CRD's, Tournament Guide and Rulebook for PanZ and FanZ. This will also be updated each time there is a change.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzI8YZLelEpkWlNyMmxia19oU00/view?usp=sharing

Below is the link for the Image Packs for OCTGN as provided and maintained by Brandon Shollenberger. All other instructions for installing OCTGN and the DBZ Feed remain the same for now.

http://www.hi-izuru.org/DBZ/

I'm not sure how you request a sticky but I think this would be something useful to have at the top. I will be keeping this updated as FanZ progresses.

I'll continue to keep a quick startup for new players active for as long as FanZ is still a thing.

I keep trying to install the image packs for the cards into OCTGN but it isn't working for a weird reason.  I tried following the tutorial RandomNumberGaming made on YouTube but it doesn't seem to help.  Can you tell me step by step how to get the images into OCTGN?

3 hours ago, A Random Role Player said:

I keep trying to install the image packs for the cards into OCTGN but it isn't working for a weird reason.  I tried following the tutorial RandomNumberGaming made on YouTube but it doesn't seem to help.  Can you tell me step by step how to get the images into OCTGN?

The ones that are zipped, are you unzipping them? 

10 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

There's a reason I didn't. The site I use to make proxies doesn't compensate for bleed and safe zones correctly. These oversized borders deal with their cut measurements perfectly. You can see examples in the provided link. This is how they came out without trimming.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzI8YZLelEpkN1J6bVZNRktnbjA?usp=sharing

Ah ok.

I'm just making paper slips to put in front of cards, so I was talking with that in mind.

19 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

The ones that are zipped, are you unzipping them? 

Yes but the folders are either empty or they don't show the content inside.  Maybe I'm not doing it right.  How do I unzip them and what should I do afterwards?

3 hours ago, A Random Role Player said:

Sorry if I'm making an amateur mistake here, I'm not necessarily the best at computers ^^'

Just checked them. The files for the image packs for OCTGN are working fine for me. You have to extract them all the way to the .o8c file.