v3rse

The Saiyan Problem

55 posts in this topic

I am board at work. Time to lost something semi on topic. 

There was a TCG from the 2004 era for Megaman NT Warrior and it used the deck as life. 60 card decks, like dbz, and most cards had a cost to play. It kinda feels like UFS and DBZ mixed. 

At the startof your turn you pu a card from your deck facedown in a 5 card gauge, to represent powering up. Kinda like stages. You then play Resources, which are like Drills and Setups. From there youtake turns playing events and 'battlechips', which are mostly like DBZ attacks, blocks, and Events. The catch is, most cards require so much power (so say 3 facedown cards in thw power gauge) and so many Resources of a color. In this case, cards in DBZ could require styled attach, drills, or setups to be played, or require you to be so many stages above zero to play - especially physical attacks. 

Eitheror the Megaman game was unique and is pretty fun still for casual play. 

sh0ryu_repp4 likes this

On 4/29/2017 at 4:11 PM, Vile said:

I am board at work. Time to lost something semi on topic. 

There was a TCG from the 2004 era for Megaman NT Warrior and it used the deck as life. 60 card decks, like dbz, and most cards had a cost to play. It kinda feels like UFS and DBZ mixed. 

At the startof your turn you pu a card from your deck facedown in a 5 card gauge, to represent powering up. Kinda like stages. You then play Resources, which are like Drills and Setups. From there youtake turns playing events and 'battlechips', which are mostly like DBZ attacks, blocks, and Events. The catch is, most cards require so much power (so say 3 facedown cards in thw power gauge) and so many Resources of a color. In this case, cards in DBZ could require styled attach, drills, or setups to be played, or require you to be so many stages above zero to play - especially physical attacks. 

Eitheror the Megaman game was unique and is pretty fun still for casual play. 

I remember that game and remember really enjoying it

5 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I remember that game and remember really enjoying it

I had 2 starters and a handful of packs when I was a kid. I just had no one to play with. With booster boxes being 4~6 bucks i may have invested in it because I'ma megaman addict. 

So far all the local Z warriors that have tried it have enjoyed it. They all say it takes the annoying complications in dbz and tosses them aside and it keeps all the good things. 

LeluGhost and sh0ryu_repp4 like this

55 minutes ago, Vile said:

I had 2 starters and a handful of packs when I was a kid. I just had no one to play with. With booster boxes being 4~6 bucks i may have invested in it because I'ma megaman addict. 

So far all the local Z warriors that have tried it have enjoyed it. They all say it takes the annoying complications in dbz and tosses them aside and it keeps all the good things. 

There were a lot of great games in the TCG boom that got pushed by the wayside, even if there was a big name attached to it

4 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

There were a lot of great games in the TCG boom that got pushed by the wayside, even if there was a big name attached to it

Making MtG the Taco Bell of Demolition Man.

sh0ryu_repp4 likes this