https://fanztcg.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/legends-of-tomorrow/

Legends consists of a 45-card set pulling from the popular Bardock specials, as well as a subset called Reflections that will bring a MP stack for a character never before playable in Panini’s Dragon Ball Z game!  Reflections will also bring additional support for characters that aren’t prominent in the current sagas covered by the game’s regular releases.

There will be 2 new MP’s in Legends – Bardock and Chilled.  They will each receive 2 powerful named cards, so expect them to make their place known in the post-Legends meta!  There will also be 2 new Legacy MP levels for older personalities, and 4 new Ally cards.

Discuss.

One of my favourite parts of the franchise and I couldn't give less of a shit.

It's going to be broken or not worth playing.

Also number breakdown, 45-12(Burdock and Chilled)-2(Legacy) -4 Allies leaves 27 normal cards. Each style probably only gets 4 cards this time.

Why not just make MPs...

I haven't even been able to get a hold of set 8 cards yet lol...I won't really feel the hype until I get those, tinker with my decks, and hit up a Kai event.  Right now I have absolutely nobody to play with and hence no reason to even think about my cards, which makes me sad.

3 hours ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

I haven't even been able to get a hold of set 8 cards yet lol...I won't really feel the hype until I get those, tinker with my decks, and hit up a Kai event.  Right now I have absolutely nobody to play with and hence no reason to even think about my cards, which makes me sad.

Practice against yourself (I do) or FaceTime fight with somebody- lots of talking but it's a lot of fun too

14 minutes ago, LordVader said:

Practice against yourself (I do) or FaceTime fight with somebody- lots of talking but it's a lot of fun too

Practicing against myself just...doesn't feel the same.  I do it when I NEED to playtest and I have no other options, but I don't just want to playtest.  I legitimately want to play against other people.  Not gonna happen until the Kai events. : /

And I don't even know what FaceTime is.Skype type thing?

On 3/24/2017 at 11:23 PM, Artificial Human said:

One of my favourite parts of the franchise and I couldn't give less of a shit.

After getting burned by Panini who wouldn't? I still enjoy playing the game so I'll keep supporting the FanZ releases as much as I can. Some of the decks that my friends have been currently testing were Orange Retribution Pikkon, Namekian Radiant King Kai (long story), and Blue Resolute Turles though some of my other friends at another LGS I go to have already given up on unsanctioned tournament support for the game since they've been busy with Final Fantasy TCG among other things.

1 hour ago, soviet prince said:

well you can not get burned with fanz it being completely free

Completely free without any Organized Play support and a CRD update that did nothing to help fix the game when it was obvious that whoever is in charge of FanZ should've added Unleashed to the Frozen List instead of Blue Terror. I get that Drawku can grab Blue Terror from the Banished Zone with his Level 4 as a free Demonic Tutor when the problem is how Unleashed is used to help Drawku get to Level 4 especially with Goku's Kaio-Ken. They could've left Red Trailing Blast untouched If they had done what was necessary while the reason why Gohan Level 4 got nerfed was due to his interaction with his FanZ personality levels.

Then again there's the argument about whether or not If FanZ is worth it If the cards that get released in Virtual Sets are just going to power creep the game further or If the people behind FanZ still care enough about the game to fix these problems after what Panini did to us. The latest CRD update doesn't indicate this in the slightest as they mainly avoided the problem of freezing Unleashed by placing errata and bans on cards that didn't need them, most of my friends at my locals agree with me on this especially after one of my friends completely foiled out his Red Drawku deck prior to the CRD announcement awhile back.

1 minute ago, soviet prince said:

but there are op regions in the kai events

That's true including the Midwest Madness event next month in April which we don't know If the use of FanZ cards will be legal or not.

6 hours ago, Card Slinger J said:

That's true including the Midwest Madness event next month in April which we don't know If the use of FanZ cards will be legal or not.

I am pretty sure Midwest Madness is a FanZ event

Also I lol'd at "Legends of Tomorrow". Can't wait to use Blue Resolute Captain Cold :V

SS story of Bardock with Chilled needs to just go die in a fire.  It's non-canon crap that reads like bad fanfiction.  "the blast didn't actually kill Bardock it just sent him back in time where he became a super saiyan and initiated the legend of the Super Saiyan that caused his planet and people to be destroyed by Frieza in the first place".

There's no reason to dedicate a set to Bardock and Chilled.

1 minute ago, Stryyder said:

SS story of Bardock with Chilled needs to just go die in a fire.  It's non-canon crap that reads like bad fanfiction.  "the blast didn't actually kill Bardock it just sent him back in time where he became a super saiyan and initiated the legend of the Super Saiyan that caused his planet and people to be destroyed by Frieza in the first place".

I agree. That movie was stupid and sucked and I don't care to be reminded of it... lol

1 hour ago, Stryyder said:

I agree 100%, but I hate most of the movies and since I don't complain about all the other ones I hate, I can't really complain about this one despite how much I want to. : / Most of the movies are simply non-canon and while some are worse than others, the whole Bardock/Chilled garbage is in a whole different tier.  It's "nega-cannon" or something.  Easily the worst movie as far as sense-make.  Tree of Might is a close runner up.

15 hours ago, Card Slinger J said:

Completely free without any Organized Play support and a CRD update that did nothing to help fix the game when it was obvious that whoever is in charge of FanZ should've added Unleashed to the Frozen List instead of Blue Terror. I get that Drawku can grab Blue Terror from the Banished Zone with his Level 4 as a free Demonic Tutor when the problem is how Unleashed is used to help Drawku get to Level 4 especially with Goku's Kaio-Ken. They could've left Red Trailing Blast untouched If they had done what was necessary while the reason why Gohan Level 4 got nerfed was due to his interaction with his FanZ personality levels.

Then again there's the argument about whether or not If FanZ is worth it If the cards that get released in Virtual Sets are just going to power creep the game further or If the people behind FanZ still care enough about the game to fix these problems after what Panini did to us. The latest CRD update doesn't indicate this in the slightest as they mainly avoided the problem of freezing Unleashed by placing errata and bans on cards that didn't need them, most of my friends at my locals agree with me on this especially after one of my friends completely foiled out his Red Drawku deck prior to the CRD announcement awhile back.

They've already stated that they are waiting for more events to happen before making major changes and that a small number of tournaments will not give them what they need to make proper changes to the format. Take that for what it is but it is the correct way to handle this situation. Blue Terror and Level 4 Goku is bad given that Blue Terror on a low level means Unleashed in hand and level 4 can spam Terror every turn creating a serious problem. Banning Unleashed would not have fixed Terror Goku since Kaio-Ken exists and a low level draw into Blue Terror means Kaio-Ken in hand. The spam needed to be fixed and it would have required an unorthodox change to Terror or Goku Level 4 to fix without one of them being banned. So in hindsight both Unleashed AND Blue Terror should have been added and not instead of.

5 hours ago, Stryyder said:

Boooooooo.

Super Saiyan Bardock is awesome. 

Agreed that it makes no sense, but bardock is easily one of the most badass looking super saiyans. And let's face it, dbz has always been about style over substance. 

Bardock is:

A. My favorite character

and

B. The original Super Saiyan as far as we know it.

So a set dedicated to him and Chilled is a good idea. It first justifies Super Saiyan on his stack to those who don't know why and allows a little-known villain to join in. It shows that they are also willing to put a bit more dedication into the movie specials. When they worked for Panini movies were blocked together and I feel they didn't get the proper treatment.