cytorak

FanZ Set 9 Announced

39 minutes ago, Majin Goo said:

Bardock is:

A. My favorite character

and

B. The original Super Saiyan as far as we know it.

So a set dedicated to him and Chilled is a good idea. It first justifies Super Saiyan on his stack to those who don't know why and allows a little-known villain to join in. It shows that they are also willing to put a bit more dedication into the movie specials. When they worked for Panini movies were blocked together and I feel they didn't get the proper treatment. 

I noticed a lot of people really like Bardock on these boards.

The best people.

31 minutes ago, Artificial Human said:

I noticed a lot of people really like Bardock on these boards.

The best people.

I think Toriyama really liked Bardock. I'm almost certain that's the only reason he got a special (which isn't half-bad) and was chosen to somehow be the original Super Saiyan. In the manga, he has quite a bit of character development despite being a short lived character and it's shown in his ability to show affection to his wife and children despite being an extremely rare quality in Saiyans of his time. 

In short, he's the Vegeta of his era as far as well developed and growing characters go. 

7 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

to be fair the DBZ Super manga is actually REALLY solid. WAAAAYYYYY better than the anime

I might look into reading it then.  For a fighting anime, it has always seemed slow to me.  I can see how the manga could do it far better.

8 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

They've already stated that they are waiting for more events to happen before making major changes and that a small number of tournaments will not give them what they need to make proper changes to the format. Take that for what it is but it is the correct way to handle this situation. Blue Terror and Level 4 Goku is bad given that Blue Terror on a low level means Unleashed in hand and level 4 can spam Terror every turn creating a serious problem. Banning Unleashed would not have fixed Terror Goku since Kaio-Ken exists and a low level draw into Blue Terror means Kaio-Ken in hand. The spam needed to be fixed and it would have required an unorthodox change to Terror or Goku Level 4 to fix without one of them being banned. So in hindsight both Unleashed AND Blue Terror should have been added and not instead of.

I've thought about this and kaio ken is much slower compared to unleashed and it costs 3 life to use. I suppose one could use in conjunction with dig possibly speeding up the process but your point does have its merits. It actually may be the better solution.