Majin Goo

Majin Goo bought some Proxies

9 posts in this topic

Had some proxies made at a site to test their quality and see if they caught on to what was being made. They're based out of Hong Kong so I don't think they even check. Just print, cut, and ship. I'm quite happy with the results and will be putting in for a full playset of set 8 come next paycheck. I'll let you know how that turns out. For now here is the site:

http://www.printerstudio.com/unique-ideas/custom-playing-cards.html

Here is my Drive folder with the pictures I took:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzI8YZLelEpkN1J6bVZNRktnbjA?usp=sharing

Let me know your thoughts and let's all work together to keep our love alive. The cards look fuzzy in the picture but they're clear in person. 

Neato!  Thanks for sharing.  I'm having a difficult time nabbing set 8 proxies and the Kai events I plan to attend will soon be announced!  I'm willing to pay extra if need be and if this company you're using works out, well, that might just be the route I need to take!

I'll be putting in my order up to shipping to see how much it will cost tomorrow. I'm not sure if they do foils but they might. They make everything from playing cards to tarot cards and have some special functionality for their site to enhance the card making experience. 

The cards weight are indistinguishable. The cards feel the same... I think I can feel a slight unnoticeable difference but it's so slight to me I can't tell if I can or it's because I know it's not real and my mind is tricking me. There is a slight size difference in the cards but in opaque sleeves, there is no way to know where they are in the deck. I added pictures for you to look at v3rse to see for yourself. 

v3rse likes this

1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Can we put different pictures on the same card for Kai events? Also they look great!

No, Kai events follow the official FanZ rules which require official art and text on proxies. The Alts were a test run and will work for my locals. 

1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

ah ok. that sucks id love to replace some of the shitty panz art... lol

If you can get a local scene going I'd say push for alt art. There's no reason for it on the local level. At higher level play where time is a factor and you want players to recognize cards and effects immediately. Of course, that's probably why I piss other's off, I ready every card even if I know what it does. Too many players no matter what TCG you play fast play and skip important mandatory effects or conveniently play with a misinterpretation of the card in mind.