Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A Random Role Player

"Cannot Win by MPPV" cards

14 posts in this topic

I know that there are cards that state that if you use the card's effect, you cannot win by MPPV.  However, I am curious to know if there should be a card that if you use it, your opponent cannot win by MPPV.  That would completely mess with decks that win by MPPV so it would really lessen the options of those pesky Orange Retribution decks that win by MPPV.  Do you think that it would be a good idea?  What kind of restrictions would have to be placed on the card?  Or would it be too broken of a card?

Let me know what you guys think!

2 hours ago, A Random Role Player said:

I know that there are cards that state that if you use the card's effect, you cannot win by MPPV.  However, I am curious to know if there should be a card that if you use it, your opponent cannot win by MPPV.  That would completely mess with decks that win by MPPV so it would really lessen the options of those pesky Orange Retribution decks that win by MPPV.  Do you think that it would be a good idea?  What kind of restrictions would have to be placed on the card?  Or would it be too broken of a card?

Let me know what you guys think!

As long as MPPV exist, a card like that cannot. It permanently shuts down a victory condition without any interaction from your opponent. It's the epitome of broken. 

1 minute ago, Majin Goo said:

As long as MPPV exist, a card like that cannot. It permanently shuts down a victory condition without any interaction from your opponent. It's the epitome of broken. 

Absolutely.  It would be completely unfair to shut down an entire victory condition on a whim, especially since dedicated MPPV decks tend to use ONLY that win condition (obvious exceptions are obvious, looking at you pickles).  Nobody would play decks like Orange Ret Roshi anymore.  We need MPPV decks to be viable to maintain the balance.

9 minutes ago, Majin Goo said:

6 minutes ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

Absolutely.  It would be completely unfair to shut down an entire victory condition on a whim, especially since dedicated MPPV decks tend to use ONLY that win condition (obvious exceptions are obvious, looking at you pickles).  Nobody would play decks like Orange Ret Roshi anymore.  We need MPPV decks to be viable to maintain the balance.

Yeah, you guys are both right.  But do you think there should still be more cards that lower/limit anger or lower MP levels?  I don't like seeing Orange Retribution decks winning almost every game I watch.

Orange Retribution decks are not winning almost every game. At North Kai there were only 3 Orange Retribution decks in the top eight and only 1 made it into the top 4 and didn't make it into the finals. The reason why this number is important is because Orange Retribution was the most represented Mastery but made a minimal impact on the top 8. This verifies that it can be beaten while still maintaining the ability to defeat other decks. Orange Retribution can be defeated and it doesn't require you to gimp your deck against other matchups. It can be an uphill battle at times but that's because Orange Retribution Mastery has a very low skill cap and so it's easier to play with more room for error. That is also your strength, Orange Retribution players tend to auto play and get caught up in the motion not realizing they're making mistakes until it's too late. MPPV is a strategy that stretches 3 styles easily, and aggressive leveling exist across the board, you should already be building to control your opponent's anger and their leveling. 

Now, that's not to say changes couldn't be made to make it a bit better but Orange Retribution isn't broken in the way that Black Devious was. It's centralizing for sure but that's due to its ease of access and low skill cap. 

sh0ryu_repp4 likes this

In truth, the problem is Orange's card pool. Orange has the most synergy and oppressive card pool at this time and the ability to use it in tandem across 3 Mastery cards. It is also easy to play with a low skill cap with an incredibly high payout in comparison to the cost. 

sh0ryu_repp4 likes this

16 minutes ago, Majin Goo said:

Orange Retribution decks are not winning almost every game. At North Kai there were only 3 Orange Retribution decks in the top eight and only 1 made it into the top 4 and didn't make it into the finals. The reason why this number is important is because Orange Retribution was the most represented Mastery but made a minimal impact on the top 8. This verifies that it can be beaten while still maintaining the ability to defeat other decks. Orange Retribution can be defeated and it doesn't require you to gimp your deck against other matchups. It can be an uphill battle at times but that's because Orange Retribution Mastery has a very low skill cap and so it's easier to play with more room for error. That is also your strength, Orange Retribution players tend to auto play and get caught up in the motion not realizing they're making mistakes until it's too late. MPPV is a strategy that stretches 3 styles easily, and aggressive leveling exist across the board, you should already be building to control your opponent's anger and their leveling. 

Now, that's not to say changes couldn't be made to make it a bit better but Orange Retribution isn't broken in the way that Black Devious was. It's centralizing for sure but that's due to its ease of access and low skill cap. 

Really?  I'm a bit surprised by that.  Thanks for telling me that, though, I still have a lot to learn about the game! 

12 minutes ago, Majin Goo said:

In truth, the problem is Orange's card pool. Orange has the most synergy and oppressive card pool at this time and the ability to use it in tandem across 3 Mastery cards. It is also easy to play with a low skill cap with an incredibly high payout in comparison to the cost. 

If that's the case, then what would be a good way to counter those cards?

I play a highly aggressive Blue Resolute Gohan that manages my opponent's level well while generating more actions than they can block. Even if I only hit for one or two attacks in a combat they're usually for 6+ LC each and 6 LC's is 1/10 of their whole deck and I'm still getting all of my immediate effects. Goku/Broly Saiyan does really well, generating a ton of damage and actions in a single combat. I've also considered 3x Wall Breaker since orange itself has nothing to remove attachments. I've also had a decent matchup with Cell Restored Mill juggling Ball 2 and popping his level 4 at key moments. Those are a few things on the top of my head. There's a lot to the game, it takes a little bit before things start to stand out due to the unique engine. 

1 hour ago, A Random Role Player said:

If that's the case, then what would be a good way to counter those cards?

So, I have a few decks I really enjoy right now.  Several of them are physical aggro.  I always rock some devastating blows, shoulder slams, and any other anti anger effects I can afford to include.  Nothing gimps Orange Ret like ruining a combat they were expecting to level up in.  Get some drill hate going also.

I have a Blue Tag Vegeta deck I really enjoy.  I put in Krillin ally because it pretty much ruins Orange Ret decks' day from turn 1.  Put him out and destroy their turn 1 drill.  Now the pressure is on them to get rid of krillin (and in tag team, I can get him back easily).  That deck also rocks 3 energized strike to slow down their anger gains.

Those are a few off the top of my head examples.  If orange ret decks are getting you down, tech it up!

I.M.O. It would be cool to shut off MPPV for a combat, but yeah I'd have to have something to counter it, because that's a huge lockdown as everyone has stated. Or the effect could shut it off for both players for a combat. But that is why there is anti anger cards too.

3 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

I play a highly aggressive Blue Resolute Gohan that manages my opponent's level well while generating more actions than they can block. Even if I only hit for one or two attacks in a combat they're usually for 6+ LC each and 6 LC's is 1/10 of their whole deck and I'm still getting all of my immediate effects. Goku/Broly Saiyan does really well, generating a ton of damage and actions in a single combat. I've also considered 3x Wall Breaker since orange itself has nothing to remove attachments. I've also had a decent matchup with Cell Restored Mill juggling Ball 2 and popping his level 4 at key moments. Those are a few things on the top of my head. There's a lot to the game, it takes a little bit before things start to stand out due to the unique engine. 

My brother runs a Blue Tag Goku deck, and has quite a few cards to limit/lower my anger/MP.  So I know at least to some degree how that works.  It can get a bit annoying XD

3 hours ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

So, I have a few decks I really enjoy right now.  Several of them are physical aggro.  I always rock some devastating blows, shoulder slams, and any other anti anger effects I can afford to include.  Nothing gimps Orange Ret like ruining a combat they were expecting to level up in.  Get some drill hate going also.

I have a Blue Tag Vegeta deck I really enjoy.  I put in Krillin ally because it pretty much ruins Orange Ret decks' day from turn 1.  Put him out and destroy their turn 1 drill.  Now the pressure is on them to get rid of krillin (and in tag team, I can get him back easily).  That deck also rocks 3 energized strike to slow down their anger gains.

Those are a few off the top of my head examples.  If orange ret decks are getting you down, tech it up!

Based on that, think I might make my Red Ascension Trunks a Anger/Aggro deck just in case something happens to me.

1 hour ago, LordVader said:

I.M.O. It would be cool to shut off MPPV for a combat, but yeah I'd have to have something to counter it, because that's a huge lockdown as everyone has stated. Or the effect could shut it off for both players for a combat. But that is why there is anti anger cards too.

It would probably have to be a 1 per deck Drill that's Banished after use if it is a card.

20 hours ago, soviet prince said:

that would be like a card that says your must mill 60 cards

A bit of a hyperbole there but I get what you're saying