Thearbiter20x6

Kai Event Update!

10 posts in this topic

NEW FREAKIN JERSEY!?

THAT'S SO STUPID

The ENTIRE east coast and it's in JERSEY!?!?

I can't go to literally ANY of these events. FUUUUUUCK me...

3 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

NEW FREAKIN JERSEY!?

THAT'S SO STUPID

The ENTIRE east coast and it's in JERSEY!?!?

I can't go to literally ANY of these events. FUUUUUUCK me...

Yeah...considering just you getting to where I live is 10+ hours...

:(

Well that tears it i am NEVER going to have a chance to play this game...

Best part is I contacted the FanZ organizers SEVERAL times about getting the East Kai down here, or at least closer and NEVER got a response. MAYBE I can do Gencon, depends on what day it is.

So I just looked at a map and plotted out the states where all the events are, and they are literally scattered to the four corners of the county like the freakin dragon balls. ID and IN are right next to each other because of Gencon, but all the others are four completely separate ends of the map...

To be honest I am somewhat irritated by the South Kai venue choice.  Is there some super secret club in Louisiana or something that I don't know about?  The one tournament I regret going to last year was Dragon Prix in New Orleans.  The turnout was far less than I expected for what was supposed to be this big woohoo event, the first ever dragon prix.  I don't want to spend money flying to that area again when numbers are already greatly reduced due to the game's discontinuation.  I feel like there are FAR better choices for a venue.

Why not Dragon's Lair in Austin, TX?  My friend said they applied but never received a response.  That was the best regional I went to.  Super clean store, large fan base, high attendance, good prize support, and just all-around fun.  I would pay to fly to Austin, TX, but not some random town in Louisiana. 

sh0ryu_repp4 and v3rse like this

16 hours ago, soviet prince said:

wrong section :P

I just realized I started this in the Dragon Ball Super game section.  The crap was I doing?

I am also kinda bummed about the south Kai location.  I live in Austin so I would have loved for it to have been there obviously but I was also thinking it was going to end up being in Dallas.  I would have been fine with that as well but on the border of Louisiana and Mississippi kinda sucks.  I'll probably stomach the 8 hour drive if some of my buddies want to go as well but part of the reason I didn't go to the Dragon Prix last year was because of the location.