Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Artificial Human

Theory Time: How would have Pan Z played out with more aspects of GT's gameplay included?

6 posts in this topic

Namely everyone is Cell Saga Android 18 1, look at top 6, rearrange before Draw, and has Black Smoothness Drill out at all times, Discard down to 2.

From set to set, how do you think it would have played out?

I think the same thing would happen that seemed to happen in GT.  I did not play GT very long because I hated it, and I think I know why. 

Control decks DOMINATED with the rule set.  As an aggro player I was constantly frustrated that I could not get a good hit in.  Expanded format was a nightmare with so many "stop all attack" cards in the game.  No gohan's kick?  Sorry, bro.  You're not doing any damage this combat.  Obviously this second issue would not be a problem in panini because TIAWT is the ONLY conventional stop all in PanZ.  So it probably would not be as bad, but still lots of control...

I get it that some people like to play slower control decks that rely on not drawing dead hands when your opponent enters, but I can't stand it.  Attacking is where the action is in this game!

Edit: Well, I shouldn't say I'm ALWAYS using aggro decks.  I do have some midrange builds, but almost every deck I is about beating you down and winning by survival.  I do have a fun Orange Ret Garlic. Jr. MPPV deck because I wanted to be different and not use Roshi.:P

Control would've had an even easier time.  The game would've had to had been designed around it from the start.  

Black Smoothness would've needed to be dealt with a lot sooner.

v3rse likes this

2 things might have been cool from GT.

1.  Keeping their damage square, for for easier reading.

2. Removing 10 for a level (can't win by Mppv obviously and we would keep anger, it's just another way to lvl up).  I think that rule alone would have changed the game to be much more enjoyable.

The look at top six and keep two was never good for GT, as others pointed out it just made the game either super control or one turn kill aggro.

On 4/7/2017 at 11:41 PM, Thearbiter20x6 said:

I think the same thing would happen that seemed to happen in GT.  I did not play GT very long because I hated it, and I think I know why. 

Control decks DOMINATED with the rule set.  As an aggro player I was constantly frustrated that I could not get a good hit in.  Expanded format was a nightmare with so many "stop all attack" cards in the game.  No gohan's kick?  Sorry, bro.  You're not doing any damage this combat.  Obviously this second issue would not be a problem in panini because TIAWT is the ONLY conventional stop all in PanZ.  So it probably would not be as bad, but still lots of control...

I get it that some people like to play slower control decks that rely on not drawing dead hands when your opponent enters, but I can't stand it.  Attacking is where the action is in this game!

Edit: Well, I shouldn't say I'm ALWAYS using aggro decks.  I do have some midrange builds, but almost every deck I is about beating you down and winning by survival.  I do have a fun Orange Ret Garlic. Jr. MPPV deck because I wanted to be different and not use Roshi.:P

Control decks didn't dominate. Saiyan was the deck to beat when expanded ended with GT / Z cards.

If PanZ had GT rules, aggro cards I'm sure would have been more powerful to counter control being able to setup, just like GT did. I feel expanded environment had one of the most fun environments when Score's version ended. It felt very balanced, with myself being primarily an aggro player.

LeluGhost, Jarrett and abstraktpb like this