Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Artificial Human

Underpowered Cards

8 posts in this topic

The first three sets of Pan Z have more than a few really considerable nerfs from Score Z, most drop from staples to unplayable, or in the case of Saiyan Acute Rapid Slam  actually goes against how Score Z translates to Pan Z just to nerf it.

But it got me thinking. Pan Z, especially from Set 2 through 4, has a lot of underpowered MPs, but what about the normal cards? Pan Z originals especially. What would you say are the cards held too far back in terms of practical use in a deck?

Villainous empowerment. They could have made this sort of the De facto anti control drill search but the only real target is smoothness drill and that orange drill that blows up a setup during the planning step I think. Would have loved to have seen the idea of drills being useful outside of combat. 

4 hours ago, Littlebig said:

Villainous empowerment. They could have made this sort of the De facto anti control drill search but the only real target is smoothness drill and that orange drill that blows up a setup during the planning step I think. Would have loved to have seen the idea of drills being useful outside of combat. 

I like using it with the saiyan drill with the parenthetical that let's you pull out an attached card.  An extra tutor with an anti-control effect!

Buff everything to playability and make this game great. 

Also forgot about paratheticals in drills that empowerment can't negate. Makes me want to look over them again.

True Power is obviously pretty weak as well.  I think the risk of your discard pile is too great.  Considering it is unmodifiable and can be endured, I don't think it needs such a negative risk.  It has to be your first attack and offer no tech apart from ZOMG BIG CRITZ. Getting hit by Vegeta's Gallick Gun would be WAY worse for me than getting hit by True Power.

For sets 1-2...

Red Shattering Leap, Red Heel Kick, and Red Lightning Slash were all nerfed into the ground. Shattering Leap should have stayed the same as Score Z. Heel Kick should have been AT +3, raise your anger 1 level, get any styled attack from discards. Lightning Slash should have been AT +1, raise your anger, and Hit: Destroy all allies or drills in play.

Saiyan should have gotten a lot more anger in set 2 to counter Wallbreaker. Strength Test should have banished bottom 2 cards for every anger gained. Grab should have been AT +2 and given you 1 anger on top of everything else it did. Rescue should have rejuvenated 2 cards per combat. Spin Kick should have destroyed another ally on hit.

Orange should have gotten more support for Orange Energy, and less support for Orange Drill Mill.

For set 3...

Blue Takedown should have just lowered the opponent no questions asked.

Red Leaping Kick should have just been a styled Dev Blow for AT +3.

Orange Mini Ball should have let you play the drill from your hand instead of discarding it. Also should have been able to use the effect as many times as you wanted in combat. Have a mini-ball and 3 drills in hand? That means you can toss 4 of them at your opponent while putting 3 drills into play.

Let's be real though. It wasn't the card design as much as it was the sucky MP stacks.

Artificial Human likes this