So in discussions with friends about the direction of the game (now that it's more or less in the hands of the fans) I thought it would be cool if they released updates to existing cards every few sets. Not all cards, but just a few choice cards to rebalance for the current meta. Mostly old MP's, named cards, and such. The point would not be to make them top tier but instead to make them playable. For the sake of diversity and flavor. Cards would only get small modifications to their effects. If their effects were to change too drastically an entirely new card would be preferable. Old mps would retain their same power levels. PUR's are debatable. Here are some set 1 examples I came up with:

Goku lv 1: attack does 4 life cards and hit effect drill search no longer requires discarding a card.

Gokus kamehameha: choose to destroy drills when successful rather than when performed 

Gohan lv 1: the destroy to increase damage triggers upon the attack becoming successful rather than when performed and gains if you destroyed 2 cards in this way raise your anger 1.

Gohan's masenko: gains 1 endurance and raise your anger 1

Vegeta lv 1: changed to 2 anger on hit instead of 1

Trunks lv 1: changed to when entering combat look at the top 5 cards of your life deck and place them back in any order or banish the top 3 cards of your opponents discard pile.

Frieza lv 1: changed to 2 anger on stop instead of 1

Frieza lv 2: doesn't require a discard to perform 

Friezas captive strike: damage changed to AT +3 stages

Piccolo's special beam cannon: gains endurance 1 and damage changed to 4 life cards

Krillin's solar flare: gains can only be stopped by energy combat cards

I'm also going to put in my 2 cents on how a devious and enraged errata should be done. I know you're probably all sick of these, but I thought these were ideas worth sharing. 

Black Devious Mastery:

Constant: Your styled attacks do +1 power stage and +1 life card of damage. 

Power: Banish a card from your hand to banish the bottom 2 cards of your opponents discard pile. If the banished card was a styled card discard a card from your opponents hand.

These may seem like small changes, but it forces the deck to use more styled cards, adds a slightly steeper cost, and most importantly removes the mastery's synergy with discard effects. This greatly limits the power of the mastery as well as giving conflict mastery a better niche as the mastery that supports black's great discard effects. I toyed with adding additional cost or only allowing the discard effect if the opponent has more than 1 card in hand, but I think this would be enough considering it practically  removes access to reliable board hate (black declaration) and many powerful black cards. Having to banish a card in your hand is also a surprisingly steep cost even considering black's lack of discard recovery. 

Red Enraged Mastery:

Constant: The first time each turn you use a critical damage effect from a card effect you may raise your anger 1. Whenever you deal critical damage you may raise your anger 1. The first time each turn when you advance a personality level draw a card and then discard a card from your hand. Whenever you lower a personality level you may draw a card.

Red Shoulder Grab: Only effects your styled attacks 

Again the changes are meant to be small. This essentially limits the additional anger gains from non-interactive effects without discouraging attacking to deal critical damage. The change to shoulder grab proved necessary in order to curb the dynamite kick combo without negatively impacting bystanders like Gallic gun and coolers supernova. Also it served as another small nerf to the mastery. Additionally the draw discard on level up is limited to once per combat to help curb mps like goku. The level down draw is untouched to promote creative play.

Anyways that was longer than intended. These are just ideas, so feel free to poke holes. My only goal is to encourage discussion. 

hahaha.

I just finished a blog and a couple of videos on this very subject today. I don't know how you're doing it, but I'm going back to Premier and playing in that meta again to relearn it and see what needed touching up to create a more diverse meta at the time, but keep the cards in line for what the developers were going for and work my way up to Fan Z.

http://dbztcgkai.blogspot.com.au/

9 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

hahaha.

I just finished a blog and a couple of videos on this very subject today. I don't know how you're doing it, but I'm going back to Premier and playing in that meta again to relearn it and see what needed touching up to create a more diverse meta at the time, but keep the cards in line for what the developers were going for and work my way up to Fan Z.

http://dbztcgkai.blogspot.com.au/

I mean I don't have any plans to try and tackle it all myself. I'm mostly just trying to start a discussion to see if the community at large would be interested in something like this. I'll have to check out the blog.

I could do this all day, but for now...

All Sword cards except Dashing Sword Attack and maybe Orange Sword Chop lose (Banish after use.)

Trunks, Young Super Saiyan LV 4 -
When entering combat, look at the top 6 cards of a player's Life Deck and put them back in any order. If you looked at your Life Deck, you may draw a card. If you looked at your opponent's Life Deck, banish up to 3 cards from either player's discard pile.

Trunks' Sword Stance - Everything the same except add "You may draw a card." at the end,.

Trunks' Knee Bash - Everything the same except replace the last line with " You may banish a Setup, Drill, or attached card."

Aggressive Sword Drill - Everything the same except " If you have not searched your Life Deck with a card named "Aggressive Sword Drill" this turn..."

Android 16's level 4 tops out at anything 500,000 or less.

Orange Adept Mastery no longer a hit effect.