Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Denithan

FanZ and Fusion

4 posts in this topic

So, this is just an item of curiosity for me, and something I've been turning over in my head here and there.

With the end of the Cell Saga in PanZ, and the current continuation of the game in FanZ, it's hit me that after a few movie sets (I look forward to Bojack personally) we will need to start moving into the Buu Saga. And with the Buu Saga, of course, comes fusion.

So I have a couple of questions for people in light of this. How would you like to see fusion implemented into the current P/FanZ format? And a bit on the side, with games like Dragon Ball Fusions and Heroes presenting a number of "What-if" fusions/characters, who would you personally like to see be adopted into the card game? And screw it, how would you like to see them implemented?

I'm not personally sure of what I want out of fusion, myself. But I can say that if we were to implement the What-Ifs, I'd personally love to see Xeno Trunks as a stack.

I'm honestly hoping for a stacks. The fusion mechanic in ScoreZ was just bad and while there may be a smart way to implement a mechanic, if it creates any sort of complexity even on a small scale it will get picked apart by speed decks. 

6 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

Just make stacks or make them alternate level 3/4 for their components that allows the stack to use component named cards and fusion named cards.

I actually kind of like this idea, though we'd need to sort out rulings when it comes to the Fusions named cards and inclusion/usage (the easy answer being, you can't use them until you hit your fusion's level). It could also permit for some fun mixed-usage things, such as giving a Vegito named card that has different effects depending on if your level 1 is Vegeta or Goku.

What of what-if personalities? Any that catch either of your eyes?