Jaith1

New FanZ Villian Vegeta lv1

The problem with Dynamic is that it's where Mastery Cards should have been. I love Dynamic, it's unique and fun to use. If they had focused more on Archetypes instead of raw power I think the set 1 Mastery Cards wouldn't have been as dominating. 

3 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

The problem with Dynamic is that it's where Mastery Cards should have been. I love Dynamic, it's unique and fun to use. If they had focused more on Archetypes instead of raw power I think the set 1 Mastery Cards wouldn't have been as dominating. 

I agree with you there in that it's where Mastery Cards should've been, but compared to where they are, it just kind of got screwed over.
What confuses me is why it didn't function like Namekian Knowledge, or Blue Tag Team where you take away one of your opponent's critical effects. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be down to play Dynamic if it meant my anger couldn't be lowered by Critical effects, 6 anger effect withstanding.
Alternatively, just give it the extra effect "When you would advance level, you can use a critical damage effect instead" so that the Anger gain helps you with camping.

Here's a proper Villain Vegeta stack for the current power level of cards...

Level 1

PUR = 3

In C at top 3 stages. 

Power: Physical attack dealing AT +3 power stages of damage. Raise your anger 1 level. Hit: Gain 3 power stages and use a critical damage effect. 

Level 2

Power: Physical attack dealing AT +4 power stages of damage. Raise your anger 1 level. For the remainder of combat your styled attacks that raise your anger deal +2 power stages of damage. 

Level 3

In D at top 3 stages. 

Power: Your attacks that raise your anger, or have "anger" in the text box deal +4 power stages, and +4 life cards of damage. 

Level 4

Power: Physical attack dealing AT +10 power stages. Draw a card. If this attack dealt critical damage draw a card. 

11 minutes ago, SirCod said:

Level 2

Power: Physical attack dealing AT +4 power stages of damage. Raise your anger 1 level. For the remainder of combat your styled attacks that raise your anger deal +2 power stages of damage. 

Make the damage modifier a constant instead of a HIT, and yeah, seems about right for the current game state.

2 minutes ago, Denithan said:

Make the damage modifier a constant instead of a HIT, and yeah, seems about right for the current game state.

I did make it a constant. 

23 minutes ago, SirCod said:

Level 1

PUR = 3

In C at top 3 stages. 

Power: Physical attack dealing AT +3 power stages of damage. Raise your anger 1 level. Hit: Gain 3 power stages and use a critical damage effect. 

Level 2

Level 3

In D at top 3 stages. 

Power: Your attacks that raise your anger, or have "anger" in the text box deal +4 power stages, and +4 life cards of damage. 

Level 4

Power: Physical attack dealing AT +10 power stages. Draw a card. If this attack dealt critical damage draw a card. 

Is it bad I'd still rather Broly?

That Eraser Cannon man. Eraser Cannon.

36 minutes ago, Artificial Human said:

Is it bad I'd still rather Broly?

That Eraser Cannon man. Eraser Cannon.

I freaking love Eraser Cannons. Face Crusher is gold too. Combats are gold when the go Face Crusher > Saiyan Grab > Face Crusher > Saiyan Grab. Gold every time.

Since Dynamic's so useless after turn 0, it should've included something like

"While your MP is at level 2, your opponent's effects cannot lower your MP's personality level unless you want them to."

You know, for the 1-2 Dynamic players who don't run Unleashed with it. If your opponent plays an early Ball 2, you're going to have a bad time.

The your anger can't be lowered by criticals was a good idea too.

12 hours ago, SirCod said:

Level 1

PUR = 3

In C at top 3 stages. 

Level 2

Level 3

In D at top 3 stages. 

Level 4

I'd rather see villain vegeta fill a physical/ energy hybrid beats niche. I'd rather broly over this for saiyan physical as well. Vegetas named energies are just too good to ignore and awakening vegeta already has the straight freestyle energy thing going. Also the bonuses in this hypothetical hybrid stack should trigger off of anger for flavor of course. 

6 hours ago, v3rse said:

I'd rather see villain vegeta fill a physical/ energy hybrid beats niche. I'd rather broly over this for saiyan physical as well. Vegetas named energies are just too good to ignore and awakening vegeta already has the straight freestyle energy thing going. Also the bonuses in this hypothetical hybrid stack should trigger off of anger for flavor of course. 

Actually, this will be interesting when we get to Majin Vegeta. If he's Majin card themed, if they actually bring that back, why not Awakening Geets? They'll be Freestyle cards for the most part like Android.

Physical? We have Broly.

Hybrid is probably the best design space given that Evolution Vegeta was a massive fuck up of a design.

Just something that I thought up the other day, and am kind of curious about everyone's thoughts about.

In Score's game, Vegeta could be played as either a Villain or a Hero (IIRC). What if they changed it so the New Level 1 had the paranthetical of "Your MP Levels can include Hero Cards", and gave us the ability to play things like the Awakening Vegeta with Villains Only cards?

I'd rather wait for Majin Vegeta for them to do that. Panini tried to stick to certain periods of the show regarding a character's affiliation to be more accurate and I appreciate that despite the limitations. Majin Vegeta was both a hero and a villain for his tenure so that parenthetical fits him more. Realistically he'd only get one stack anyway short of an ill-placed single level, so best to tackle both affiliations on the first try.

I wouldn't be against either. There's arguments for both. Same as if Pikkon should be Namekian for purely gameplay purposes. It'd just be awkward with the way the game's been handled for kid Vegeta to become a hero into a villain, etc. but that's just an aesthetics and inaccuracy thing.

Of course this depends on if Majin Vegeta will be interchangeable with villain Vegeta in the first place. If he is, Majin would have to be in every surname or they have to use a parenthetical to say you can mix him with "Vegeta" along with a parenthetical that lets you mix in hero cards.

23 minutes ago, Mysterious Youth said:

I wouldn't be against either. There's arguments for both. Same as if Pikkon should be Namekian for purely gameplay purposes. It'd just be awkward with the way the game's been handled for kid Vegeta to be a hero but that's just an aesthetics and inaccuracy thing.

That's not quite what I was saying with that, actually xD

I was more meaning along the lines of "Baby Vegeta can grow up into either the Villain or Heroes". So that version of Vegeta would be a villain, and deck-building wise, you'd be building for a Villain, but it would have the ability to level up into a Hero. That said, my main thought with this is that it would be really interesting with Vegeta's Destruction Blast being able to change between the villain or hero effect mid-game

I understood. I just wrote it wrong. Definitely understand kid Vegeta should always be a villain. Just the idea of him switching sides multiple times in a stack seems to go against the saga timing accuracy Panini was going for with their stacks. FanZ's Majin Vegeta is up in the air but I wouldn't be shocked if Panini's Majin Vegeta simply had 16's parenthetical. There needs to be a hero aspect to Majin Vegeta. Just a matter of how far they'll go with it.

8 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

If Majin is a thing mechanically like Android , I'd expect parenthesis text stating he's also villain vegeta and can use hero cards in his deck and stack on his level 1.

I think they'd have to expand their card numbers per fan set to make adequate Majin cards, unless they add "Majin" in the title of Styled cards like they later did with Android

2 hours ago, Edison Carasio said:

Power creep has left set 1 vegeta behind.  It's a waste of time and resources trying to make the stack relevant again.

There is no power creep. My Vegeta decks are all top tier, you just don't know how to play him. /sarcasm

14 minutes ago, Vile said:

There is no power creep. My Vegeta decks are all top tier, you just don't know how to play him. /sarcasm

That's cause you run 6 Dev Blows isn't it?

It occurred to me last night. I wonder if this new Vegeta level 1 is being designed with a potential errata/unfreezing of Enraged mastery in mind. We know the final CRD is coming out June 30th, not long before this set is being released. 

Could be some unseen synergy there?

39 minutes ago, Amanax said:

It occurred to me last night. I wonder if this new Vegeta level 1 is being designed with a potential errata/unfreezing of Enraged mastery in mind. We know the final CRD is coming out June 30th, not long before this set is being released. 

If they unfreeze Enraged with no errata Hercule BREAKS the game.

1 hour ago, Amanax said:

Not enough synergy to make Villain Vegeta remotely competitive outside of Set 1-2

1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

If they unfreeze Enraged with no errata Hercule BREAKS the game.

Not more than he already does in red.  Don't forget that his lvl 4 prevents mppv in most cases.

32 minutes ago, ChangelingBard said:

Not more than he already does in red.  Don't forget that his lvl 4 prevents mppv in most cases.

This is true. One of the few decks I got to play from Awakening was, hilariously enough, Red Enraged Mr Satan out of shear curiosity. The deck is a flipping nightmare to MPPV and takes a while to set off if you don't draw into Red Shoulder Grab. The mill thing on 4 ain't winning you any games.

I'm sure it's possible to stall out with Endurance and the like, Battle Pausing, but it's giving your opponent too much time advantage.