Sign in to follow this  
Majin Goo

Are you Down with Goo?

I'll add you when I get home. It will be under Sloth Ninja. I've never played a Mass Effect game. I read bad things but it sounds more like disappointment due to not being the same game over and over. As someone that has no experience, would I even notice anything negative with Andromeda. 

22 minutes ago, Majin Goo said:

I'll add you when I get home. It will be under Sloth Ninja. I've never played a Mass Effect game. I read bad things but it sounds more like disappointment due to not being the same game over and over. As someone that has no experience, would I even notice anything negative with Andromeda. 

Honestly, most of the issues with Andromeda come from the incredible hype the game had going into release. At least, everything I've seen. Most people don't mind the departure from Shephard, and his tale with the Reapers (which a lot of people didn't care about in the first place), but have more of an issue with the graphical glitches that came with the original release, the apparently below-bar graphics in general (Not a graphics man meself, so I'm not able to really judge 'em), and the disconnect between dialogue option and actual spoken dialogue (which really strongly affects immersion and narrative). Beyond that, the narrative is a bit loose and probably could've done with an extra year in the oven to develop.

All in all, the game had too much hype, and kind of came across as an incomplete game at launch. I've heard a lot of the patches since have come into effect to remedy some of the problems, but I think the initial shock killed it for a lot of early adopters. Coming in post-patch, you'll probably have a pretty sound experience outside of narrative and dialogue disconnect.

1 hour ago, Denithan said:

Honestly, most of the issues with Andromeda come from the incredible hype the game had going into release. At least, everything I've seen. Most people don't mind the departure from Shephard, and his tale with the Reapers (which a lot of people didn't care about in the first place), but have more of an issue with the graphical glitches that came with the original release, the apparently below-bar graphics in general (Not a graphics man meself, so I'm not able to really judge 'em), and the disconnect between dialogue option and actual spoken dialogue (which really strongly affects immersion and narrative). Beyond that, the narrative is a bit loose and probably could've done with an extra year in the oven to develop.

All in all, the game had too much hype, and kind of came across as an incomplete game at launch. I've heard a lot of the patches since have come into effect to remedy some of the problems, but I think the initial shock killed it for a lot of early adopters. Coming in post-patch, you'll probably have a pretty sound experience outside of narrative and dialogue disconnect.

So basically what happened to Fallout 4. Anyone going in with the hype didn't like it but everyone else just along for the experience was able to enjoy it.

Yeah, pretty much. But I didn't really hear of any major glitches around Fallout 4's release (admittedly, I'm still on PS3 so I'm generally going off of fan reviews and my friend's experiences), so I think part of it is also on the developers for not spending as long as necessary to just fix up the really glaring issues.

Alas, that kind of seems to be how more games are ending up nowadays.