So far I'm really enjoying Hit and Frieza. Hit well hits harder than a lot of other leaders so he can apply more pressure than them. He can also avoid a blocker's ability so that is pretty nice since I do feel there are quite a bit of blockers. Frieza I'm super excited for because he can keep your defenses up right after you attack so you can rely less on counters. I feel both will be really good for the meta game.

It's something I do want to try but you are right in the sense it may have a hard time, but to be fair I don't think we've seen any red uncommon cards yet that aren't leader cards. So at the moment we've seen many other cards from the other styles but red just has the commons revealed. Hopefully tomorrow we will have a better idea on red when all of the uncommons are released. 

7 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I disagree, being able to pay less mana for a summon AND gain additional effects seems great to me.

I probably didn't explain well. The effects have to be worth the cost of losing a card under your control, -1 Mana isn't that big of a deal when you lose a card in conjunction with it. Only SS3 Goku gets anywhere near the right effect. Trunks isn't until a deck revolves around 1 Character/Battle Card and none of the others even seem to have any pay off what so ever.

---

Frieza is very, very defensive. I wouldn't use it because I wouldn't like looking at that mug, but it suits my play style with Control. I like it mechanically.

Beerus is good. I still think the Auto Win is gravy, but the front side is nice too.

Hit seems like something that needs support to become quality. Shit now, could be good later. Also note, it doesn't have to be a Red card being blocked, only discarded. Hmm.

Vados is a much better Red Leader for now though. Good board control. I like her.

6 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Ay, they gonna have a Vegeta leader card? I haven't seen one yet.

In the tutorial video they did show a glimpse of a Vegeta leader card and I believe it was the awaken side. Someone even has a picture of it on the Facebook group. However it just hasn't been revealed yet is all.

Tried to make a new topic about this on the news section for the people who aren't in the loop without realizing it needs to be approved. Oh well. We've seen a lot of these uncommons but I do like the ones we've haven't seen. I really enjoy the Rampaging Lifeform Bio-Broly with the hand removal, Friend-Summoning Son Gohan to get Krillin for a blocker as well to help with the one super saiyan goku card we saw a few weeks ago, Mysterious Presence Monaka for the potential board removal, Iron Wall Magetta for not being able to get KO in battle, and Confident Botamo for having Vados's ability. Of course there are others I like but those are mostly all the new ones we've haven't seen yet.

I think my only complaint about the cards so far is I really hate the way costs are written. 4 and must include 2 Red is not very intuitive when you have evolve costs that are straight up Magic type costs. RR1 is very easy to understand. Generic + These Colours would have been more intuitive than 'Number must include these colours'.

Terror Assault, Frost is genuinely good. Not worth evolving and not surprised by that, but the ability seems a little too good imo.

Son Goku / Super Saiyan Son Goku is a damn impressive beatstick.

Curious to see Result of Training in action. May be too slow to be of real effort or amazingly build around good.

Furious Yell Vegeta is very unflavorful and disappointing compared to the Japanese Quake of Fury Vegeta, also helps you appreciate that this game is just reusing art assets and some gameplay of IC Carddass.

Bio Broly is what I was looking for in an Evolve card. :)

Sorbet is a really nice tribal piece. I like him.

---

I took a peek over at the Carddass IC page, they're still writing articles for and advertising Set 5, something that released last September. Really weird. No word on Set 6. But their twitter is reposting our game. :/

1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I REALLY like Bio Broly. Shitty movie, great card lol

Mono Green is looking great to me too tbh

Anyone else think Red looks REALLY lackluster? As of now, Green has better Aggro than Red :P

Maybe a little but it's hard to say for me without testing it out myself firsthand. With that being said I do plan on playing mono red first and I'll let you know what my thoughts on that are once the time comes. Although I'm thinking that red will need to pair up with something to be tier 1 for sure at set 1.

I must be a pleb because I still don't understand the game flow. Is your life the unside down life cards? Because that's as bad as the prize system in pokemon. 

I'm also a hands on learner so I may just need to sit down and play it to learn it. That's what i did with PanZ. I don't know how many games I played OrangeGoku against NamPic on my lunch break just to understand it. 

8 hours ago, Vile said:

I must be a pleb because I still don't understand the game flow. Is your life the unside down life cards? Because that's as bad as the prize system in pokemon. 

Yes the 8 upside down cards are your life. It works exactly like Pokemon. You take damage anytime your leader card is defeated in combat. The damage is taken by choosing a card from your Life Zone and adding it to your hand. 

39 minutes ago, Artificial Human said:

Some cards send them to the discard pile :)

Yep! Which would be the difference. Critical will be the most popular ability for sure.

I'm not the biggest fan of the prize cards in Pokemon so that part does have me worried for the Bandai game, however the only difference is that the person who loses life gets to draw from the life pile and not the attacker like in Pokemon. Hopefully that one difference will make that aspect of the game better. 

29 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

It's a little difficult for me to see and understand what the themes are for each color. Could anyone explain a little?

After checking out the previews the themes in general appear to be:

Red - Focuses on winning individual battles through buffs and mid/high power battle cards. Can attack battle cards not in rest mode. Decent amount of BC with Double Strike effect.

Blue - Energy accumulation and refreshing.  Med power battle cards.

Green - Board control.  High power battle cards. Double and triple strike abound.  Broly will likely be a green leader card given the presence of Paragus and Broly's ring (which appears to be geared toward reducing the negative self-inflicted effects of the Broly leader card).

Yellow - Defense and counter spells.  Manipulation of rest/active mode.