20 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

One of the videos showed a quick glimpse of an awakened Vegeta leader, looks like he's gonna be rare or higher rarity.

They would.

Given what y'all said about the color themes, Blue and Green sound more like what I'd be interested in playing, plus I look the looks of some of those cards. Results of Training sounds bonkers good.

While the Vegeta Yell card's ability to lose 1 life to KO a battle card sounds pretty bad, his power level is really high for just a battle card.

Hopefully the supers are 4 per 24 packs like Naruto and Dragon Ball. I believe Power Rangers had boxes of 15 packs with 3 super rare equivalents. Even then, if there comes a time where there are too many supers per set and you can run max copies of them, that'll be a problem. Some sets of Naruto had 14 supers. Not sure if they've topped that before.

It's easier on my wallet for the game to not have foils, but I wish every leader was foil. Hopefully they do alt arts or the promos are foil leaders. A majority of Naruto/Dragon Ball promos were "platinum" foils of cards that exist. Plus it's a lazier and cheaper option for them.

15 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Given what y'all said about the color themes, Blue and Green sound more like what I'd be interested in playing, plus I look the looks of some of those cards. Results of Training sounds bonkers good.

I feel the same. As of now I like blue/green control and mono green.

From the tutorial video with Goku vs Frieza:

The Frieza leader card is a rare. 

"Awakening Rage Son Goku" appears to be a Special rare with the following characteristics:

- Green style, total cost of 6 (2 green).  25,000 power.  Can evolve from Son Goku using 5 energy (3 green).

-Has Double Strike.  Gains Triple Strike if Krillin is in your drop area.

- Auto: when you play this card choose any number of your opponents battle cards with a total cost of up to 6 or less and KO them.

From this I speculate:

The 12 rares will be 4 leaders, 4 battle cards, and 4 spells; one for each color. 

The special rares will be 4 battle cards and 4 spells; one for each color.

The rares and above cards will likely be more focused than the C/UC.  By this I mean that they will likely be high cost cards that synergize with other cards in a style, such as Awakening Rage Son Goku that gets an added bonus from Krillin being in the drop zone.  I expect more cards like Cabba's Awakening (but with higher costs) that require the target to be a specific color.

5 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I feel the same. As of now I like blue/green control and mono green.

What Leader do you like best in those colors that's been revealed so far? I kind of like the Gohan more than Goku for Green, but you'd have to pull off more damage. Goku seems easier to play around by just having the damage buff.

Even here I wouldn't be able to play Broly lol

To piggy-back off Bear's post, I noticed the game's Twitter background image included a Red Vegeta card that hasn't been spoiled yet. The text is super blurry due to the small size but I think I got its basic info:

Super Unleash Charge Vegeta

5 Energy cost (2 red)

Power 15,000
Combo Power (1 cost) +9,000

Skills:
"[SOMETHING?] When this card attacks, it gains +5,000 power for the duration of the turn."

(Dual Attack)
(Double Strike)

I hope Bear is right because that sounds like a good way to go about it. Unlike Panini where all the URs were super good colorless cards that EVERYBODY needed, these can be more focused for your specific deck.

11 minutes ago, numanumaking13 said:

I like it. Even if you can't use it for the counter attack just the power to potentially board wipe a battle card is pretty good. Also double strike is always good.

You could use it to KO the opponents battle card that initiated the attack though cant it? 

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You could use it to KO the opponents battle card that initiated the attack though cant it? 

Seems like you could, as long as the card;s energy cost is low enough to qualify.

56 minutes ago, The Bear said:

that's exactly what i thought! i would think it works. that makes it like a hand trap from YGO. man I am liking green the more I see of it!

Just checked the Rule sheet:

"[Counter Attack] can be activated when your opponent attacks. Example: If you activate a [Counter Attack] skill when your opponent attacks with a Battle Card, the skill is activated before the Battle Card attacks. A used [Counter] card will go to the Drop Area if not described otherwise."

So sounds like:

1) Opponent attacks with Battle Card A.
2) You trigger Raging Attacker Vegeta's [Counter Attack] ability and play the card from your hand.
3) You trigger the [Auto] when played effect and choose opponent Battle Card A to discard.
4) Battle Card A does not resolve its attack.

Good to know when the Counter should be played here.  I thought it might be activated during the defending phase of the attack but glad thats not the case as the card would be too good if you could play it after your opponent chooses whether or not to play combos.

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Good to know when the Counter should be played here.  I thought it might be activated during the defending phase of the attack but glad thats not the case as the card would be too good if you could play it after your opponent chooses whether or not to play combos.

Yep, it seems like you activate [Counter Attack] as soon as your opponent declares their Leader Card or Battle Card as an attacker (switching to rest mode and choosing a target).

Definition of [Counter]: "Skills activated in your hand. You can activate these skills by paying the energy cost when your opponent carries out the { } action."

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, manoftomorrow010 said:

Check this out. All rares are foils, apparently.

Pretty sure that was announced early on.  All cards rare or higher are foil, no foil versions of C/U.

3 hours ago, Stryyder said:

Pretty sure that was announced early on.  All cards rare or higher are foil, no foil versions of C/U.

Aha, I missed out on the early reveal info. It's great to see the foil patter IRL and not just an image file, though

Holy shit that Champa tho! I am glad to see that the higher rarity cards are the ones truly defining each color's distinct styles. Red looks ALOT better now with just that one card.

I've tried to piece together the Blue Leader Vegeta's Awakened details from the game trailer video. Some of the card text is covered by the words on the video, but pausing it at just the right time, the words are transparent enough to see his skills.

(awakened) Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta

[Activate: Main] Once per turn. (Choose 1 card from your life and add it to your hand.) This card gains [Critical] for the duration of the turn. If you have 7 or more blue energy, this card also gains +10,000 power for the duration of the turn.

[Auto] When this card attacks, draw 1 card.

So a risky, kill yourself for more cards and power. Interested to see what people think of the effects that allow you to put life cards into your hand.