16 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I've tried to piece together the Blue Leader Vegeta's Awakened details from the game trailer video. Some of the card text is covered by the words on the video, but pausing it at just the right time, the words are transparent enough to see his skills.

So a risky, kill yourself for more cards and power. Interested to see what people think of the effects that allow you to put life cards into your hand.

All the kill yourself to gain advantage cards seem to be high risk and high reward, time will tell if that is a viable strategy. awakening faster sounds good but I am wary on leaving yourself with so little life on the back swing.

23 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

All the kill yourself to gain advantage cards seem to be high risk and high reward, time will tell if that is a viable strategy. awakening faster sounds good but I am wary on leaving yourself with so little life on the back swing.

I saw some ppl play the game with the demo starters on YouTube, and saw at least one guy let himself get damaged to Awakening, build up his hand and energy, then use Gotenks to decrease his opponent's hand, and win the game when he was down 8 Life to 4 early.

Really interested to see what the front side of Vegeta's card does.

1 minute ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

:wub:

Okay, so I could've guessed he had the similar ability on the front. I'm not sure how viable it is, but the skill is very thematic. And goodness gracious these cards look incredible.

At first glance I'm really thinking he won't be that good but time will tell. I know critical is a strong ability so that'll help. Also he gets card advantage and he will get to awaken faster. So maybe he won't be bad. I just need to play this game. 

They are the prettiest damn things I have ever seen. I can't wait to get some signed by voice actors.

This Vegeta seems really good in Red, taking advantage of all the double/triple strikes and attacking red does.

1 minute ago, numanumaking13 said:

At first glance I'm really thinking he won't be that good but time will tell. I know critical is a strong ability so that'll help. Also he gets card advantage and he will get to awaken faster. So maybe he won't be bad. I just need to play this game. 

I've already started writing down deck ideas :blink: I'm liking this one more and more every day

But most of my DBZ group in the area doesn't seem interested in this game so I may be SOL :/

1 minute ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

They are the prettiest damn things I have ever seen. I can't wait to get some signed by voice actors.

This Vegeta seems really good in Red, taking advantage of all the double/triple strikes and attacking red does.

Interesting idea. I keep forgetting you can use a Blue leader but still have a deck full of Red or Green cards haha PanZ stuck in my head of having to match all the colors

Yeah, stinks these come out after Denver Comic Con because I'm getting some of my foil Vegeta cards signed by Chris in 2 weeks lol

Just now, manoftomorrow010 said:

Yeah, stinks these come out after Denver Comic Con because I'm getting some of my foil Vegeta cards signed by Chris in 2 weeks lol

Damn that does suck. See if someone at AX can scoop you a starter early maybe?

Using Vegeta is a suicide lock deck seems the play.  Play everything that depletes your opponent's hand, preferably in non-main phases like combo.  Essentially they'll have one card per turn to work with.  Will make ANY draw leader the meta competition though.

2 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Damn that does suck. See if someone at AX can scoop you a starter early maybe?

AX is the same weekend as DCC.  Since the exibit hall for AX isn't open until that Saturday there's really no way to overnight from Saturday to Sunday as a last resort.

Wait, is chris booked for DCC?  I'm pretty sure he was booked for AX too...

6 minutes ago, Stryyder said:

AX is the same weekend as DCC.  Since the exibit hall for AX isn't open until that Saturday there's really no way to overnight from Saturday to Sunday as a last resort.

Wait, is chris booked for DCC?  I'm pretty sure he was booked for AX too...

Yeah he and Sean are there Friday-Saturday. I'm going Saturday.

Man I'd KILL to also have stuff signed by Ryo Horikawa, too

Also, I'm thinking Vegeta + an early Energy Power Gotenks is gonna be really legit. Especially if you have a Blocker you can get out early, too. Whittle yourself down with Vegeta's skill, knock their hand out with Gotenks, and have massive card advantage for heavy comboing.

4 minutes ago, numanumaking13 said:

I don't think mono blue will be best with him but I do think blue and a different color will work with him. Also combine him with the Monaka extra card in blue and that's going to sting (gives your leader double strike for those who don't know off hand). 

And draw 1 card :)

Jason Douglas is going to be at AX?!?!?!?  Wish I could get my Beerus pop signed...

Also that Vegeta leader is neat.  Landing early hits with the critical effect is going to be important.  He would have killed in red; blue seems a strange fit for him.  The mirror will be fun.

Still waiting on a Piccolo leader....

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Still waiting on a Piccolo leader....

I don't think Piccolo will be a leader in this set sadly. I have no evidence but it's not looking likely it seems. I'm personally waiting for my Champa leader and thankfully I think he will be the red rare leader this set. 

After some more thought:

- That Vegeta leader is going to have problems with Blocker cards.

- His power is finite due to being tied to his life. You can activate his power 3 times max after awakening before killing yourself, this will be a problem.

- This card is definitely looking to make games short; he will burn out against anything defensive.

Question about Energy Power Gotenks:

- I attack the opponents leader card with Gotenks.  Does the opponent immediately have to drop a card from their hand due to Gotenks power or do they have a chance to activate Blocker on a battle card and switch the target?

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

After some more thought:

- That Vegeta leader is going to have problems with Blocker cards.

- His power is finite due to being tied to his life. You can activate his power 3 times max after awakening before killing yourself, this will be a problem.

- This card is definitely looking to make games short; he will burn out against anything defensive.

Question about Energy Power Gotenks:

- I attack the opponents leader card with Gotenks.  Does the opponent immediately have to drop a card from their hand due to Gotenks power or do they have a chance to activate Blocker on a battle card and switch the target?

I was thinking the same thing actually. Since he has to land a hit or he might as well have no effect.

I believe it would activate as soon as your attack is declared, before blockers are assigned or combos are used.

In reference to my question the rule manual says under point 7-1-2 that a checkpoint occurs after the window to play counters, during which [Auto] effects and [Blocker] effects take place. The rule does not clarify which effect comes first.

8-5-1-2 and

8-5-1-3  Show that the turn player's effect would resolve before the non-turn players effect.  Gotenks ability would trigger before [Blocker] can be used but occurs after a [Counter] can be played.

ETA: [Blocker] is considered an [Auto] skill (10-3-1).