Majin Goo

Previews

131 posts in this topic

Perhaps an unpopular opinion that really doesn't matter, but while I appreciate the low rare count making playsets easier to obtain short of duplicate leaders I kind of wish the character choices were more diverse or had less scrub characters. Did there have to be three rare Vegetas? Couldn't we have a Goku, Gohan, and/or Future Trunks in there? I don't know about Cabba or King Cold being rare either though considering the characters that represent their colors, it's slim pickings if they didn't want Hit.

Has there been any word on what a premium rare is? Hoping it's just one per box alt arts because gathering playsets of supers are already a turn off even if Bandai's track record shows multiple per box.

17 minutes ago, Mysterious Youth said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion that really doesn't matter, but while I appreciate the low rare count making playsets easier to obtain short of duplicate leaders I kind of wish the character choices were more diverse or had less scrub characters. Did there have to be three rare Vegetas? Couldn't we have a Goku, Gohan, and/or Future Trunks in there? I don't know about Cabba or King Cold being rare either though considering the characters that represent their colors, it's slim pickings if they didn't want Hit.

Has there been any word on what a premium rare is? Hoping it's just one per box alt arts because gathering playsets of supers are already a turn off even if Bandai's track record shows multiple per box.

I won't lie and say I wasn't very disappointed to see 3 really good Vegeta cards as rares. The deck I want to play out of the gate needs the Blue Leader Vegeta, so I'm going to be SOL if I have to track him down.

I'm hoping their rarity scheme is more akin to Heroclix where "Rare" actually means "really not that rare" and the actually rare cards are the Super Rare.

I haven't seen any word on what a Premium Rare is.

Between the low set number count, and the amount of product that'll be opened, I don't think it'll be hard to find whatever you're looking for. This won't be a "nobody anywhere has Chokes" type of situation.

Based on the numbers, there are still a couple cards they have not revealed in each color. 

Red: Missing BT1-004 and BT1-011

Blue: Missing BT1-031 and BT1-041

Green: Missing BT1-059 and BT1-073

Yellow: Missing BT1-086 and BT1-095

Oh, I bet you were very happy to see multiple Vegetas.

The rare leaders should be especially easy to find as singles or through trades considering they're one per deck. At some point people will get sick of them like the rare Masteries in set 1. Rares should be one per pack unless you pull a super or premium. Assuming boxes of 24 packs and no horrible cases of short printing (it's happened with Bandai before), the rares should be plentiful enough.