Perhaps an unpopular opinion that really doesn't matter, but while I appreciate the low rare count making playsets easier to obtain short of duplicate leaders I kind of wish the character choices were more diverse or had less scrub characters. Did there have to be three rare Vegetas? Couldn't we have a Goku, Gohan, and/or Future Trunks in there? I don't know about Cabba or King Cold being rare either though considering the characters that represent their colors, it's slim pickings if they didn't want Hit.

Has there been any word on what a premium rare is? Hoping it's just one per box alt arts because gathering playsets of supers are already a turn off even if Bandai's track record shows multiple per box.

17 minutes ago, Mysterious Youth said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion that really doesn't matter, but while I appreciate the low rare count making playsets easier to obtain short of duplicate leaders I kind of wish the character choices were more diverse or had less scrub characters. Did there have to be three rare Vegetas? Couldn't we have a Goku, Gohan, and/or Future Trunks in there? I don't know about Cabba or King Cold being rare either though considering the characters that represent their colors, it's slim pickings if they didn't want Hit.

Has there been any word on what a premium rare is? Hoping it's just one per box alt arts because gathering playsets of supers are already a turn off even if Bandai's track record shows multiple per box.

I won't lie and say I wasn't very disappointed to see 3 really good Vegeta cards as rares. The deck I want to play out of the gate needs the Blue Leader Vegeta, so I'm going to be SOL if I have to track him down.

I'm hoping their rarity scheme is more akin to Heroclix where "Rare" actually means "really not that rare" and the actually rare cards are the Super Rare.

I haven't seen any word on what a Premium Rare is.

Between the low set number count, and the amount of product that'll be opened, I don't think it'll be hard to find whatever you're looking for. This won't be a "nobody anywhere has Chokes" type of situation.

Based on the numbers, there are still a couple cards they have not revealed in each color. 

Red: Missing BT1-004 and BT1-011

Blue: Missing BT1-031 and BT1-041

Green: Missing BT1-059 and BT1-073

Yellow: Missing BT1-086 and BT1-095

Oh, I bet you were very happy to see multiple Vegetas.

The rare leaders should be especially easy to find as singles or through trades considering they're one per deck. At some point people will get sick of them like the rare Masteries in set 1. Rares should be one per pack unless you pull a super or premium. Assuming boxes of 24 packs and no horrible cases of short printing (it's happened with Bandai before), the rares should be plentiful enough.

Well, I guess if they were going to give Vegeta three rares and a promo, he just wasn't going to get a super rare then...

It doesn't matter overall, but I really wish there were more main characters in there. Without knowing how good they'll be beyond on paper, if I pull Ginyu over Goku...

Now I'm curious what the other three premium rares are if they all happen to be alt art supers. Imagine pulling the highest rarity!!! and it's Ginyu...

1 hour ago, Mysterious Youth said:

Well, I guess if they were going to give Vegeta three rares and a promo, he just wasn't going to get a super rare then...

It doesn't matter overall, but I really wish there were more main characters in there. Without knowing how good they'll be beyond on paper, if I pull Ginyu over Goku...

Now I'm curious what the other three premium rares are if they all happen to be alt art supers. Imagine pulling the highest rarity!!! and it's Ginyu...

I feel the opposite, I'd rather the super rare cards not be limited to the main characters presumably everyone would want to play, like Goku. I'm already slightly annoyed Vegeta has so many rare cards, but not knowing the drop rates, I can't be too mad. Now, if they wind up saying the drop rates are awful, then if you had multiple Goku/Vegeta Super Rares, people would be pissed that the key characters' best cards are so hard to obtain *coughPaninicough*

On 7/7/2017 at 1:50 PM, manoftomorrow010 said:

I feel the opposite, I'd rather the super rare cards not be limited to the main characters presumably everyone would want to play, like Goku. I'm already slightly annoyed Vegeta has so many rare cards, but not knowing the drop rates, I can't be too mad. Now, if they wind up saying the drop rates are awful, then if you had multiple Goku/Vegeta Super Rares, people would be pissed that the key characters' best cards are so hard to obtain *coughPaninicough*

I almost wholeheartedly agree with you. There's just that 1% or so of me that wishes pulling a high rarity card would also yield a character I wanted or something I'd like to look at. In any game I know not all high rarity cards are meant to be "all-stars" and this personal grievance has no effect on the game as playability should be the priority. It's that same feeling a kid might have from pulling their favorite character/thing in foil from a pack. For me, it's almost absent here with the choices they made. I don't know how many people would trade a Goku for my Ginyu unless Ginyu's playability is through the roof. I suppose another point to make is that just because I don't care for the character choices, maybe others do. If so, I hope they pull who they want.

At the very least, I'm glad none of the supers are leaders. There's nothing barring you from playing your favorite (if he's in this set) from the start.

I've said it before but assuming boxes of 24 packs, I'm hoping they stick with 4 supers a box like their older games. Playsets would be a pain to collect but considering these high energy costs, maybe nobody NEEDS to.

God damn those are gorgeous. I REALLY hope I pull a SR Broly in my first box cause I am going to a con that same weekend that Vic Mignogna is going to be at and I would LOVE for him to sign that.

On 6/23/2017 at 7:13 AM, numanumaking13 said:

So now that we got most of the cards now what decks are you guys leaning towards? For me Red Champa seems to be my deck but I'm also interested in Blue Goku, Yellow Frieza (both), Yellow Ginyu, and Green Broly.

Red till I'm dead.

And I don't even know much about Champa/Vados/Hit, etc.

Is "Light of Hope Trunks" an alt-art version of a card in the main set?  If not I would hope that they make it a part of set 2.  They're doing a good job of making the game accessible with the highest rarity being alt-arts, it would be a shame if promos being unique out-of-set cards is the norm.

40 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Is "Light of Hope Trunks" an alt-art version of a card in the main set?  If not I would hope that they make it a part of set 2.  They're doing a good job of making the game accessible with the highest rarity being alt-arts, it would be a shame if promos being unique out-of-set cards is the norm.

As of what we know right now it looks like that the light of hope trunks is in the tournament packs as a foil and as the puzzle hunt promo. but it wouldn't surprise me if a "normal" version comes out in set 2 since this is the only card from the Zamasu arc right now, and set 2 seems to be mainly focused on that arc.

So yeah right now puzzle hunt and TP packs only, with more than likely "normal" version in set 2.

2 hours ago, Mysterious Youth said:

The "Coming Soon" Goku is what throws me off when it comes to promos as the numbering on him is the same as the booster set's essentially making him an alt art but Trunks is actually a PR numbered card and I'm assuming the rest of his kind are as well.

That's normal for Bandai. In the Dragon Ball CCG by Bandai, the Chibi Promos in Set 1 share the same collection number as their normal counterparts. 

8 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

That's normal for Bandai. In the Dragon Ball CCG by Bandai, the Chibi Promos in Set 1 share the same collection number as their normal counterparts. 

I know. That's what's odd about the Goku because it seems like they literally printed a bunch of the standard uncommon to stamp the gold foiling on them but changed nothing else. It's like the platinum promo reprints over a traditional Bandai promo. Hopefully the game is big enough to the point there's enough excess on the local promos so they'll be cheap to buy but exclusive promos are never a good idea. I'd rather they do platinum reprints again so we can have foils for the uncommon leaders.

I'm really hoping that the unrevealed booster cards are standard versions of the promos previewed so far.

ETA: my thinking being that there were 8 promos previewed today (2 for each style) and each style appears to be missing two booster cards.