Sign in to follow this  
thehoffman2787

Worst MP in PanZ/FanZ

I've been looking into Pan/Fan Z again after the death of the game and I was wondering, What is the worst character in the game?

First I thought Nail as he doesn't have a great set of powers but I feel like his named cards are pretty good. I then looked at Tien but same as Nail he got a named card that wasn't half bad. After looking at all of them again my guess would be set 4 Vegeta as his newest stack is very good so it pretty much makes him obsolete. At least set one Vegeta is a villain and is getting a new level 1 with the next set.

So who do you think is the worst? 

I personally feel Villain Vegetz is the worst tbh.

While Set 4 is nothing to write home about, he's got some okay passives and decent power levels. There's a niche for him. Villain Vegeta is just straight up outclassed by the other Saiyan Personalities (being a worse version of them at best), and only his Level 3 is really solid. Don't get me wrong, his level 1 is a'ight, not really got any problems. His Level 2 is just straight up limited and won't work most of the time though, and his level 4 is pointless. And his new Level 1 does NOTHING to fix the stack because his Level 1 wasn't the problem here. Unfortunately, his level 4 is also a bit too strong to make good use of the cards designed for lower power level cards.

Raditz is kind of a unique personality whose yet to really get a deck he truly works with. You could maybe pull something with an Orange Adept deck that you focus around replacing drills over and over, and honestly, once he hits level 3 and 4, he is incredibly valid as a disruptive/control MP. He's actually a personality who could easily be fixed by a new Level 2, since that's the odd one out in his stack.

Tien is also a really, really good personality to camp on level 1 with if that's something you're interested in. Immediate hand advantage, and all his named cards are kind of badass.

Depends on what you're talking about. Of all time, meaning they've had spots in the meta or are at least a usable fun deck at one time or right now?

Because I think 18 is pretty trash tier bad either way. Many are bad now or on release, but 18 doesn't function right and without a vegeta's anger type card she never will. She needed an attach card to make her live all the time, not a new level.

I'd have to vote for Slug.

I know! Most people seem to like Slug, but I find him pretty trash tier at best. Hear me out on this...

His named cards are... Advance or lower 1 MP level rejuv 4 and physical attack for AT+3 that gives anger.

Both would be AMAZING if... Lord Slug level 4 didn't shut off MPPV. This limits him to DBV or Survival. 

Now, he has a pretty good argument for Ball Victory, but anyone who has tried that decks knows how bad it is to come across someone who can crit you reliably every turn (Krillin lvl 1, DrawKu Lvl 2, Broly w/ Saiyan Reveals) or has access to banish your balls (Broly again...) and when some of those MPs (*cough*Broly*cough*) are some of the most played in the game it realistically removes that win condition as something you can rely on.

This leaves us with... Survival. Lord Slug does have some rejuvination, but lets face it, he is out paced by other control MPs and doesn't have any real threat for damage output like aggro MPs. I would say Cooler has replaced him in every way imaginable with the exception of in Namekian, where Cooler can't go and he has access to some cute cards. But even with those tailor made support cards, he still just doesn't get the job done. 

2 hours ago, Amanax said:

But even with those tailor made support cards, he still just doesn't get the job done. 

Exactly!  Sure 16, 17, 18, 19,  Hurcule, V Vegeta, Nappa, and Set 1 Gohan can be considered bad, but no one else in the game has had as much follow up support as slug.  He really has no excuse other than just being a shit mp that doesn't work in practice.

On 13/06/2017 at 1:10 AM, ChangelingBard said:

Exactly!  Sure 16, 17, 18, 19,  Hurcule, V Vegeta, Nappa, and Set 1 Gohan can be considered bad, but no one else in the game has had as much follow up support as slug.  He really has no excuse other than just being a shit mp that doesn't work in practice.

Slug is interesting to me in that I don't think I'd say he's bad or doesn't work, but he's unnecessary. Everything he offers Namekian Villains have access too, and Cell is better while offering a more reliable alternative victory condition. When you remove him from Namekian, Cooler just does everything better.

Slug feels like he should have had a different angle entirely. Face Smash covers his good named card, while he's not amazing at the physical beats he wants to do, especially when Namekian and Red got going. Had Blue gotten more Ball support, he could have been worthwhile there.

But I still think 18 is worse. She literally does nothing and has no potential that isn't easily worked around, especially now.

4 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

But I still think 18 is worse. She literally does nothing and has no potential that isn't easily worked around, especially now.

Ehh, shes not 16 terrible. I had allot of fun with her in orange making her pokes do +5 and laughing as Brolly did 3 stages max.

18 also has the new level 2 which is pretty easy to work around. Maybe not competitive, but at least there is a clear game plan when playing her that can create a real advantage is utilized fully.