Majin Goo

Demo Decks

47 posts in this topic

Finally got my demo deck despite the hiccups on Bandai's end... had to commit a federal crime and all just to use them. I will be writing up a review of what I learn and have that out nlt Friday. Hopefully, I can get a good video of game play this weekend with my local scene.

My friend is getting the demo decks today so I'll be able to try them out today. If possible I'll give my first impressions on the game after I tried out a few matches. 

Seems to be better received than Panini's "Here's a dozen and a half cards that you have to print out then follow our step by step game turn" demo system.

Hoping I get mine today or tomorrow.  I heard of people in Texas getting theirs first, and I'm all the way out here on the left coast.

sh0ryu_repp4 likes this

1 minute ago, Stryyder said:

Seems to be better received than Panini's "Here's a dozen and a half cards that you have to print out then follow our step by step game turn" demo system.

Hoping I get mine today or tomorrow.  I heard of people in Texas getting theirs first, and I'm all the way out here on the left coast.

and hilariously they did THE SAME THING for MetaX lmao

28 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

How are you guys getting demo decks?

So Bandai did a giveaway to the first 1000 people who signed up for it. It closed some time ago and people are now getting the demo decks. If you missed out on signing up for the decks, like me, then you are in luck because Bandai is doing a second giveaway. More details will be on their website soon they said. 

I imagine they will open it up tomorrow since that is the next big info drop, with info on the starter decks. Hopefully we get a specific release date as well.

I am also eagerly awaiting info on the drop rates as I know @The Bear is too.

Just got word from my wife that my demo pack arrived.  Granted it was addressed to "Miguel" and my name isn't Miguel, but I don't mind.

4 minutes ago, Stryyder said:

Just got word from my wife that my demo pack arrived.  Granted it was addressed to "Miguel" and my name isn't Miguel, but I don't mind.

I'm calling you Miguel from now on lol

You're in Cali so I wonder if mine will be in as well...

Did you have to sign for it btw? Some people on Retro were saying Fedex requires signatures for it and imma be salty if they don't leave it at my place cause I will most likely be at work...

31 minutes ago, Stryyder said:

My wife had to sign for it, yeah.  They may leave you a "we missed you" note.

~Sr. Miguel

If they do that will they still leave the package? I never get stuff from FedEx so I honestly don't know.

Depends on the options they chose when shipping.  I've heard others who missed it say they just left a note that says they'll retry tomorrow.  Occasionally those notes will have a signature line and instructions so that you can sign the note, leave it on your door and the next day they'll leave the package and use the note as their proof of delivery signature.

Don't know if you live in an apartment, @sh0ryu_repp4 but when I did, FedEx would leave the "missed you" note and often leave the package in the leasing office to pick up later. But, with a sig requirement, they might not do that.

My Mom called and said they came in. Apparently like Stryyder everyone who got these has their correct last name and address but a random ass first name. Evidently I am "Mateo" lol

1 hour ago, Artificial Human said:

I was a bit bummed it was limited to America, but given the postal problems, I understand. 

Do they have unique set coding?

If you're talking about the collector information no, they are actual cards from the set which is neat though they'll likely remain in a demo deck version for all eternity. 

My initial thoughts:

The game plays fast. Games shouldn't last more than 15 to 30 minutes unless players are slow playing. Getting hit hard in the beginning isn't as painful as it sounds. A solid Awakening level gives you an immediate advantage and if your opponent puts you there before being ready you can come back for the steam roll. The uncommon Goku leader is boring AF. Looking forward to trying out Ginyu. I've heard word from people that have proxied what's been revealed, his ability to control and push himself into Awakening is actually really good in practice. 

1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

My Mom called and said they came in. Apparently like Stryyder everyone who got these has their correct last name and address but a random ass first name. Evidently I am "Mateo" lol

I'm "Sean".

Also, Energy Power Gotenks is amazing.

sh0ryu_repp4 likes this

17 minutes ago, Stryyder said:

I'm going to laugh if the opening meta ends up being Piccolo/Krillin/Ginyu

That'll be amazing. It'll be like PanZ never left us. "Krillin, Ring Out Master".

I don't know if we're getting a Krillin leader yet, but I think Human Shield Krillin is a safe 3 or 4 starting out with the game. Easy damage mitigation in the early turns, easy throw away for energy in the late turns. 

35 minutes ago, Majin Goo said:

If you're talking about the collector information no, they are actual cards from the set which is neat though they'll likely remain in a demo deck version for all eternity. 

My initial thoughts:

The game plays fast. Games shouldn't last more than 15 to 30 minutes unless players are slow playing. Getting hit hard in the beginning isn't as painful as it sounds. A solid Awakening level gives you an immediate advantage and if your opponent puts you there before being ready you can come back for the steam roll. The uncommon Goku leader is boring AF. Looking forward to trying out Ginyu. I've heard word from people that have proxied what's been revealed, his ability to control and push himself into Awakening is actually really good in practice. 

From a surface level, the game seems like Duel Masters with a Force of Will Ruler. I don't know if you're familiar with either game, but if you are, would you say that's an accurate assessment?

3 minutes ago, Artificial Human said:

From a surface level, the game seems like Duel Masters with a Force of Will Ruler. I don't know if you're familiar with either game, but if you are, would you say that's an accurate assessment?

What it borrows:

Duel Masters - Resource system and Life system.

Force of Will - Leader

So yes, an accurate assumption. I would say it's a pleasant combination. 

Just now, Majin Goo said:

What it borrows:

Duel Masters - Resource system and Life system.

Force of Will - Leader

So yes, an accurate assumption. I would say it's a pleasant combination. 

Would you say it needs Shield Triggers? Or Duel Masters without them a more strategic experience?

Just now, Artificial Human said:

Would you say it needs Shield Triggers? Or Duel Masters without them a more strategic experience?

I think Shield Triggers would be too early right now but later it could be a nice addition to the game. Of course my knowledge is just of Common and Uncommon cards. Rares and UR might change my mind on that. 

Artificial Human likes this

5 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

I think Shield Triggers would be too early right now but later it could be a nice addition to the game. Of course my knowledge is just of Common and Uncommon cards. Rares and UR might change my mind on that. 

what is a shield trigger may I ask? is it like a trap card in yugioh?