Sign in to follow this  
KittyKitKatington

New to the Card Game, Love the Series

Hello all,

As per the title, I am new to the card game of Dragon Ball Z and, soon to be, Super. I am a long time lurker of Dragon Ball content, and it is one of my favorite TV series, whether its just nostalgia, I don't really care. I am hoping to get to know the community, and be an active member of it as I explore the game. Some of my favorite characters include Cell, Android 18, Tien, and, of course, Goku. I'm looking forward to building my first deck, right now I have a starter deck and am trying to figure out which direction I want to go. I enjoyed White, Red, and Green in Magic, if anyone has any suggestions based on that, I'm open to them. For right now, I'm planning on just playing with friends till i get the hang of it, but am super interested in popular get togethers, and whether there are any near me, I'm in the D.C. area. This intro. is going on for a bit so I'll end it there.

Nice to Meet You All!

3 hours ago, KittyKitKatington said:

Hello all,

As per the title, I am new to the card game of Dragon Ball Z and, soon to be, Super. I am a long time lurker of Dragon Ball content, and it is one of my favorite TV series, whether its just nostalgia, I don't really care. I am hoping to get to know the community, and be an active member of it as I explore the game. Some of my favorite characters include Cell, Android 18, Tien, and, of course, Goku. I'm looking forward to building my first deck, right now I have a starter deck and am trying to figure out which direction I want to go. I enjoyed White, Red, and Green in Magic, if anyone has any suggestions based on that, I'm open to them. For right now, I'm planning on just playing with friends till i get the hang of it, but am super interested in popular get togethers, and whether there are any near me, I'm in the D.C. area. This intro. is going on for a bit so I'll end it there.

Nice to Meet You All!

Welcome to the group. Be sure to check my starter pack in the General Discussion of the Panini Dragon Ball Z. Everything you need to for Proxies and FanZ content is there. In the Dragon Ball Super section we're currently discussing the new card game coming out and I'll be putting out a review over the Demo decks either tomorrow or Monday. 

For PanZ, given your MtG likes I would go with Gohan and Friends in either Namekian or Blue. If you like Tien, Red Ruthless Suicide Tien is an amazingly fun deck that will catch people off guard. Might not win many tournaments but it will make an opponent sweat. 

9 hours ago, soviet prince said:

welcome and which game you talking about?

Sorry the Dragon Ball Z TCG that came out in 2014.

@Majin Goo Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into those, and based on the description of that Tien deck I think I'll really enjoy it.