barrinmw

Set 9 Spoilers

146 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

So wait, Bardock is a villain?

Also, too bad villain Vegeta is trash now and you won't get the mileage out of King Vegeta's second use :(

What you said made me wonder if they should errata Ginyu level 3 to make him technically a Saiyan, just to be able to use such effects.  I mean, I'm not really being serious but that would be interesting.

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

What you said made me wonder if they should errata Ginyu level 3 to make him technically a Saiyan, just to be able to use such effects.  I mean, I'm not really being serious but that would be interesting.

I'd never play this game again lol

I guess Majin Vegeta would be the only viable option to eventually get the mileage out of King Vegeta.

8 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I'd never play this game again lol

I guess Majin Vegeta would be the only viable option to eventually get the mileage out of King Vegeta.

I don't think so. With this and bardock ally, ally packages with cell and nappa become a possibility (maybe broly too since he'd like turles ally anyway). Just more fodder for turles ally and saiyan ally tutors. Also with saibamen nappa, raditz, and maybe even turles may have ally packages anyways. 

4 minutes ago, v3rse said:

I don't think so. With this and bardock ally, ally packages with cell and nappa become a possibility (maybe broly too since he'd like turles ally anyway). Just more fodder for turles ally and saiyan ally tutors. Also with saibamen nappa, raditz, and maybe even turles may have ally packages anyways. 

Yeah, he's still useful, it's a great effect, but you're most likely never gonna choose Set 1 Villain Vegeta as an MP over those others (unless you're me, I guess).

18 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Yeah, he's still useful, it's a great effect, but you're most likely never gonna choose Set 1 Villain Vegeta as an MP over those others (unless you're me, I guess).

Yeah majin or bust in that regard. Unless he gets a new named card that helps. But he shouldn't since he's already tied for the most I believe. 

9 minutes ago, v3rse said:

Yeah majin or bust in that regard. Unless he gets a new named card that helps. But he shouldn't since he's already tied for the most I believe. 

Vegeta's Anger doesn't count ;)

6 hours ago, barrinmw said:

19149418_1585043641506862_52752302116589

Not sure how to feel. In an age where Hit Effects aren't used and 'if this attack is stopped' effects exist, Prevent isn't as bad as it once was, but I am not sure it's helping Geets that much. It does support him, sure, but it's not making him suddenly good. I'm not sure all the support in the world will do anything.

Nappa might like his King though. All these new Saiyajin Allies will help him. Or Cell. Why not Cell?

5 hours ago, barrinmw said:

19095346_1518338774902776_86250588139360

OK. That's really good. Lots of places to use it too.

Kami is ridiculously good. He pretty much does everything piccolo does better (except AT damage but who cares). Named cards are ridiculous too. I'm worried the drill may be game breaking though.

2 hours ago, v3rse said:

Kami is ridiculously good. He pretty much does everything piccolo does better (except AT damage but who cares). Named cards are ridiculous too. I'm worried the drill may be game breaking though.

I mean, when you give a character paragraphs for powers they are gonna be good (bar 16).  

Also, if anyone thought slug was fast with Earth Dbs, this fucker is gonna do it even faster.  In Black he will mill both players to death with his named drill and Black Recollection Drill.

3 hours ago, Mysterious Youth said:

https://fanztcg.wordpress.com/2017/06/16/planet-guardian/

I wasn't expecting a Kami MP in this set of all sets, but here he is.

That's...really good. Kami can't take a hit, but I'm not sure that's a problem if you make a dedicated DBV deck.

I like Orange Kami. Feels like he can veer into Energy Beats as a secondary wincon there. Namekian Radiant is the obvious one though.

Holy shitsnacks kami is amazing. I really do t know what to play him in. Orange beats/drill control, black mill, namekian ball bounce shenanigans, maybe even red drill mill. Maybe kami is the ally to make that finally happen. 

Also, are we saying bye to unleashed? Because it feels like that's what they're trying to say.

3 hours ago, Littlebig said:

Holy shitsnacks kami is amazing. I really do t know what to play him in. Orange beats/drill control, black mill, namekian ball bounce shenanigans, maybe even red drill mill. Maybe kami is the ally to make that finally happen. 

Also, are we saying bye to unleashed? Because it feels like that's what they're trying to say.

Nobody will say bye to Unleashed until it's outright banned.

13 hours ago, Littlebig said:

Unleashed is still pure power. No matter how much hate you make to counter the aftermath of Unleashed, it will still net pure advantage when played. 

40 minutes ago, barrinmw said:

19146228_10213279541491596_8293030714674

Nappa as an MP stack is/was fine. He's no Broly, but he can use the power-level restricted cards as well, and it gives him a solid enough niche that he's actually turned up in a few competitive scenes and done really well. And while his current level 2 isn't as strong as this, it's nice in that it's pretty unique all in all (where this is just a stronger version of Turles' Level 1/A weaker version of Nappa's Level 4 [Why not give this to Turles?])

While the constant stage plus is nice, and means that this card will almost definitely see use, he wasn't the villainous Saiyan who needed the grease and his support kind of just strips someone else of getting the attention :/ An especially poignant one for me is Raditz, who I really hope gets some kind of new support in the set that's dedicated to his damn Father (preferably for use with Dynamic).

27 minutes ago, Denithan said:

Nappa as an MP stack is/was fine. He's no Broly, but he can use the power-level restricted cards as well, and it gives him a solid enough niche that he's actually turned up in a few competitive scenes and done really well. And while his current level 2 isn't as strong as this, it's nice in that it's pretty unique all in all (where this is just a stronger version of Turles' Level 1/A weaker version of Nappa's Level 4 [Why not give this to Turles?])

While the constant stage plus is nice, and means that this card will almost definitely see use, he wasn't the villainous Saiyan who needed the grease and his support kind of just strips someone else of getting the attention :/ An especially poignant one for me is Raditz, who I really hope gets some kind of new support in the set that's dedicated to his damn Father (preferably for use with Dynamic).

Being frank. Nappa, Raditz and Nail all needed new levels. The originals have problems where they're erratic in terms of what they do and make them hard to build around, with the exception of niche builds. Good niche builds, but they focus on one level and don't really work well outside of that level.

Denithan likes this