barrinmw

Set 9 Spoilers

146 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2017 at 6:00 AM, manoftomorrow010 said:

Nobody will say bye to Unleashed until it's outright banned.

Ocular pat down feels like wallbreaker all over again. We'll have this, arm breaker and some other cards I can't name right now. we have a banlist now. Use it. 

Im curious if they really only plan to errata fanZ cards .

5 hours ago, Littlebig said:

Ocular pat down feels like wallbreaker all over again. We'll have this, arm breaker and some other cards I can't name right now. we have a banlist now. Use it. 

Im curious if they really only plan to errata fanZ cards .

Maybe there are so people that don't have a problem with Unleashed like me. If Unleashed were banned, it'd really just be nothing but Orange, Namekian, and Saiyan as they can get crazy amounts of anger. Saiyan would be the only one who can't win by MPPV if using Empowered.

1 minute ago, Hellsfire said:

Maybe there are so people that don't have a problem with Unleashed like me. If Unleashed were banned, it'd really just be nothing but Orange, Namekian, and Saiyan as they can get crazy amounts of anger. Saiyan would be the only one who can't win by MPPV if using Empowered.

Honestly, I think the main issue everyone has with Unleashed is the ability to delevel your opponent (if they can't win by MPPV), which is admittedly a bit overpowered. I've not really seen anyone with huge problems with the level up side of the effect since most decks have some way or another to pretty much pull that anyway.

4 hours ago, Denithan said:

Honestly, I think the main issue everyone has with Unleashed is the ability to delevel your opponent (if they can't win by MPPV), which is admittedly a bit overpowered. I've not really seen anyone with huge problems with the level up side of the effect since most decks have some way or another to pretty much pull that anyway.

They should have done that first. Constantly having to dedicate a certain percentage of your deck to siding gets annoying. It's worse for me. I only play with one other person where I live so if I go to a local somewhere else I just have to hope they're playing the meta I think they're playing lol

So we're just going to gloss over black getting an unsphereable omni block? That's pretty cool. Yes it has an easy to meet requirement first, but still really good. 

3 minutes ago, Hellsfire said:

While I love the picture, I have a feeling that the Black Omni-block will not see play. It's not good. 

Because of the mill/banish requirement, it really only playable in perceptive or a mp that mills or banishes. So kami, broly, black corruption, can all meet the requirement. I'm sure there's more I can't think of at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Littlebig said:

Because of the mill/banish requirement, it really only playable in perceptive or a mp that mills or banishes. So kami, broly, black corruption, can all meet the requirement. I'm sure there's more I can't think of at the moment.

Cell, godku, wheelo, raditz, niche mps. The main thing that will limit it is the mastery/mp. Otherwise an omni that can raise or lower anger and can't be sphered is worth a slot in any perceptive or mill deck.

The reason why I don't like the omni block is that it's very niche be it in MP or mastery, it doesn't have endurance, and it's effect is OK at best. To be honest, black has a terrible card pool. Probably even worse than Saiyan. The reason why Devious was so great was that it boosted all the non-styled cards that people ran and the few black cards you did run, you made them chuck a card. The one thing black does have is good blocks. They have great endurance and good secondary effects. I really wish the new black attack card could be run by heroes. 

ChangelingBard and Denithan like this

You know, after reading your reasoning, I've kind of come around to your viewpoint. Even trying to really build something in Black, most of their best and least circumstantial cards are little more than vanilla attacks. Huh.
That said, don't know if I'd say Saiyan has a bad card pool atm. Might be alone in that thought, but I've generally found their options pretty plentiful regardless of how you want to play it (excluding DBV. I'd just be impressed to see a Saiyan Style ever win by DBV).

Black's Blocks being their best asset isn't an incorrect assessment. I think part of the problem is they're worried about turning Black into what it was in GT, where it's identity was stronger with Masked and Mill effects out the ass.

But I'm probably the only person alive to like Masked...

ChangelingBard likes this

4 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

Black's Blocks being their best asset isn't an incorrect assessment. I think part of the problem is they're worried about turning Black into what it was in GT, where it's identity was stronger with Masked and Mill effects out the ass.

But I'm probably the only person alive to like Masked...

I actually liked masked too :ph34r:

Artificial Human likes this

26 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

What the heck was Masked?

IIRC, Masked was a keyword in GT that let you play an attack facedown. You told your opponent if it was Physical or Energy, and he/she could choose to block the attack. Once they decided to defend or not, you'd flip the card over, pay for the attack, and resolve any effects of the card that were not stopped or prevented. If you played a Masked attack that you couldn't pay for when you played it, you lost the game.

I don't remember what would happen if the opponent's block did something to prevent you paying (e.g. You Mask an energy attack that costs 2 PS, but your opponent's block makes you lose 10 stages.)

Edited by cytorak

28 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

What the heck was Masked?

A hellish nightmare that was a cool concept.

If I recall it worked like this: When I perform a Masked attack, I play it face down. I tell you if it's a physical attack or energy attack. You have to decide to block it based on that information. Some of them had effects if they were blocked, some of them did crazy damage. No way to tell until it was too late.

~Edit~

I've been sniped!

As for the losing point that Cytorak brought up, I only remember losing if you lied about what you were throwing (Such as saying it's an energy when in reality it was a physical). I also believe that if they chose to block, you would still do the resolution of effects like a normal attack, just with an added step.

So Perform attack->Defender decides to block->Pay for attack->Use attack effect->Use block effect->Damage as normal

I think anyways, could be wrong.It's been awhile