Blue Tag Frieza sounds fun.  Plenty of toolbox fodder, which now includes Unleashed hate in Chilled.  I may actually have to build a deck for the first time in 8 months.

16 minutes ago, Stryyder said:

Blue Tag Frieza sounds fun.  Plenty of toolbox fodder, which now includes Unleashed hate in Chilled.  I may actually have to build a deck for the first time in 8 months.

Triple Unleashed hate, in Chilled, King Cold, and Cooler

2 hours ago, Amanax said:

A hellish nightmare that was a cool concept.

If I recall it worked like this: When I perform a Masked attack, I play it face down. I tell you if it's a physical attack or energy attack. You have to decide to block it based on that information. Some of them had effects if they were blocked, some of them did crazy damage. No way to tell until it was too late.

~Edit~

I've been sniped!

As for the losing point that Cytorak brought up, I only remember losing if you lied about what you were throwing (Such as saying it's an energy when in reality it was a physical). I also believe that if they chose to block, you would still do the resolution of effects like a normal attack, just with an added step.

So Perform attack->Defender decides to block->Pay for attack->Use attack effect->Use block effect->Damage as normal

I think anyways, could be wrong.It's been awhile

If lying about what you played would cost you the game then why lie about it in the first place? To gamble the whole game to see if maybe they don't have the right block and hope it goes through?

3 hours ago, Littlebig said:

If lying about what you played would cost you the game then why lie about it in the first place? To gamble the whole game to see if maybe they don't have the right block and hope it goes through?

Found an actual quote of the masked rule. Seems between the two of us we were getting it there.

Masked Attacks - All Masked attacks have the word "Masked" in the card power printed in bold. When you play a Masked attack, you play it face-down in front of you and tell your opponent what kind of attack it is. After your opponent has had a chance to defend during your Attack Phase, you flip the card face-up, pay for the attack, and resolve any effects of the card that were not stopped or prevented.

If a Masked attack has a cost, you must be able to pay the cost when you play the card, but you don't actually pay the cost until the card flips face-up. If you play a Masked attack that you couldn't pay for when you played it, you lose the game.

What Happens When You Lose the Ability to Pay for the Attack? If your opponent's defense causes you to lose the ability to pay the cost of the card when it flips over, put the card you attacked with in your Discard Pile and your opponent returns the card he/she used to defend with back where it was before your attack. (If the defense was played from your opponent's hand it goes back in hand: if it was a Non-Combat, it goes back in play; if it was on a Personality, it is no longer "used" for the turn.)

You Must State Your Attack Type Correctly: If your masked attack is a different type than the attack you said it was, you lose the game.

Also another thing that wasn't mentioned in the Rulebook, any Personality Powers that can perform a Masked Attack lose the "Masked" keyword and cannot perform Masked Attacks as their Constant Combat Power.

I'm actually just angry at how good Bardock seems. The hell.

Edit: Minus his level 2. Kind of a trend forming in me not liking Villainous Saiyan level 2s.
And I was really hoping he'd be the one for Dynamic. Dang it.

1 minute ago, Card Slinger J said:

Why did they print Bardock as a Villain MP? I know it was already hinted at earlier with his Ally card but still...

Because Bardock was a Saiyan. His heroic acts at the end of his life aside, he openly admitted to, with his allies, enjoying and taking delight in the slaughtering and genocide of entire planets. They make it a point that he used his Oozaru form to wipe people out for shits and gigs. He was not a nice man.

Even his "heroic acts" were more about self-defense and the Saiyans than they were about helping anyone else, including the Bardock special where he gets Super Saiyan. Chilled pissed him off because he reminded him of Frieza, and was threatening Bardock's current place of residence. By the actual canon, he's a prick xD

I mean, you have a point with the in-built hand knowledge, Saiyan just doesn't have much in the way of deck destruction I don't believe (I could be mistaken. If so, then I rescind the statement). And I don't really like his level 2's active power nearly as much as any of his other levels.

You can make an argument for Bardock being a rogue personality, but straight up hero's a bit of a stretch even if the original card game did it.

Early Vegeta wasn't a good guy because he felt bad about his people being wiped out. Same as Bardock trying to prevent that event. You can bet that if Bardock somehow defeated Frieza, the Saiyans would still be doing what they were doing but on their terms and not Frieza's.

I'm guessing that unless Panini themselves bring Devious back, Fan Z has no intention of doing so. Devious with Bardock's 2 is pretty gross, especially with Smoothness. Draw a bad hand? Ditch two and take half of your opponent's with them. Otherwise, Bardock being able to selectively destroy your best cards is the no fun attitude I hated about early Black decks. His named cards are crazy too.

What I mean by blocks being black's only good cards is that when there are actually choices and options when you pick blocks. Meaning they have a lot of good ones. They have maybe three good attacks, and really one has seen play in every deck. Although with the black cards shown today, looks like Black is getting better. With all the Oranges, if there's enough Blacks it may hamper their numbers a bit. Also, RIP Wheelo.

I saw the MP Stack when I was out, but I wasn't able to talk about him.

I think the most immediate things that come to mind are;

> I hate how the first two levels come from Father, the second two come from Episode, it's very noticeable it's not the same source and I don't like it. Level 3 really shouldn't have been. 3 and Spirit Cannon being the literal same art is lazy as too.

> I don't like the angle gone with him. The original Score version and Royaken's were more flavorful. Other than the constant Blue Mental Drill everyone but me gives him, Pan Z's has no flavor. Bardock was used as an excuse to make a better Wheelo and give Black a good MP. Not a fan.

As for what we actually got, what can I say? Like Kami and Namekian Radiant Mastery, they made an MP tailored for Black Perceptive Mastery and a few select Black cards. It's going to do it's job at that. What else can I say? I'm more than a bit disappointed. I'm happy he's playable and Black can be playable again, but it's just not I was expecting and I wasn't pleasantly surprised.

-

As for the Villain v Hero, it's debatable. He's the protagonist, but neither a real hero or villain. His job is abhorrent, he's good at his job, but he doesn't seem to revel in it. He could swing either way.

4 minutes ago, barrinmw said:

19264507_10158803311030024_8218005728628

This is fate...I have been wanting to fine tune  my Black Perceptive Tien.  I have been debating ditching pesky barrage and this card  might just be the reason to do that.

On 20/06/2017 at 0:58 PM, Artificial Human said:

Black's Blocks being their best asset isn't an incorrect assessment. I think part of the problem is they're worried about turning Black into what it was in GT, where it's identity was stronger with Masked and Mill effects out the ass.

But I'm probably the only person alive to like Masked...

Actually, I quite enjoyed the concept behind Masked. It was problematic in that blind defense is no fun whatsoever and was just a gamble rather than strategy, but I'd love to see it reworked. Perhaps something like Decoy where you are basically performing two separate energy attacks over two Attack Phases (this would require skipping an opponent's action I suppose) and only one of them can be stopped, so your opponent is gambling on whether the first or second will be the big significant attack or not, but I dunno. I just like the idea of sneak attacks thematically and wish someone could find a nice way to make them work.

11 hours ago, barrinmw said:

https://fanztcg.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/i-am-legend/

Bardock spoiled and control is back.

Ugh. It's not that this is a bad MP, but does it really have to scream "HEY I'M FOR BLACK STYLE ALSO REMEMBER THAT TIME SCORE MADE A BARDOCK MP PRETTY COOL RIGHT?"

I mean, why the always looking at opponent's hand? Bardock had like... 3 premonitions, none of them were about the immediate future as such (certainly not within the timeframe a Combat step would conceptually occur in) and the whole point was that he wasn't able to do shit about the things he saw. It was his punishment, not his advantage.

Seeing you opponent's hand is a lazy cop-out for trying to integrate the visions Bardock had. I'd have just stuck with the named card and made it able to view but not change anything. Might even include in the power that you can't use effects to discard/alter opponent's hand to reinforce that "trapped in a fate he can see but not prevent" thing. Anti-Black Bardock as it were.

Good on them for having the balls to make him a villain MP though.

43 minutes ago, barrinmw said:

19264507_10158803311030024_8218005728628

Eh. I like it as a Tenshinhan named card, the effect is pretty cool, but what? Thematically, it's a mess, the Solar Flare was never a self-harming move like the Kikoho and never dealt damage, it was a utility thing.

I'd have preferred to see it as some kind of Event or just an uncosted/1 stage cost attack with maybe a bit more utility in it. 

Now that we're in an era where anyone can make cards and potentially get traction for their use, at least in their local area or with friends, designers need to step up their game thematically as well as in gameplay terms, I feel. It's a big pool of options now.

4 hours ago, Vagrant said:

Actually, I quite enjoyed the concept behind Masked. It was problematic in that blind defense is no fun whatsoever and was just a gamble rather than strategy, but I'd love to see it reworked. Perhaps something like Decoy where you are basically performing two separate energy attacks over two Attack Phases (this would require skipping an opponent's action I suppose) and only one of them can be stopped, so your opponent is gambling on whether the first or second will be the big significant attack or not, but I dunno. I just like the idea of sneak attacks thematically and wish someone could find a nice way to make them work.

Ugh. It's not that this is a bad MP, but does it really have to scream "HEY I'M FOR BLACK STYLE ALSO REMEMBER THAT TIME SCORE MADE A BARDOCK MP PRETTY COOL RIGHT?"

I mean, why the always looking at opponent's hand? Bardock had like... 3 premonitions, none of them were about the immediate future as such (certainly not within the timeframe a Combat step would conceptually occur in) and the whole point was that he wasn't able to do shit about the things he saw. It was his punishment, not his advantage.

Seeing you opponent's hand is a lazy cop-out for trying to integrate the visions Bardock had. I'd have just stuck with the named card and made it able to view but not change anything. Might even include in the power that you can't use effects to discard/alter opponent's hand to reinforce that "trapped in a fate he can see but not prevent" thing. Anti-Black Bardock as it were.

Good on them for having the balls to make him a villain MP though.

Eh. I like it as a Tenshinhan named card, the effect is pretty cool, but what? Thematically, it's a mess, the Solar Flare was never a self-harming move like the Kikoho and never dealt damage, it was a utility thing.

I'd have preferred to see it as some kind of Event or just an uncosted/1 stage cost attack with maybe a bit more utility in it. 

Now that we're in an era where anyone can make cards and potentially get traction for their use, at least in their local area or with friends, designers need to step up their game thematically as well as in gameplay terms, I feel. It's a big pool of options now.

Except for the fact that this is a card game. Just like someone else here said, if the game was 100% true to the series Goku would be the only playable stack. 

If you're going to make another tien named card for this iteration of the game then you make it destroy your life to use because that's kind of what he does. They're sticking to that theme. 

If bardock only viewed and nothing else I don't think anyone would play him. Android 20's level 1 does the same thing and I could care less about about that hand knowledge. It's nice, but what you really want is that drill. 

2 minutes ago, Littlebig said:

Except for the fact that this is a card game. Just like someone else here said, if the game was 100% true to the series Goku would be the only playable stack.

I mean, at like, 5-6 different points Vegeta was the strongest Z-Fighter.
Piccolo was the strongest at least twice, after Nail and then after Kami.
Gohan was pretty frequently the strongest too, and probably one of the more interesting ones.
We've seen for a fact that Krillin can outsmart/outmaneuver some foes to overwhelm them with a series of surprise attacks in Ball, Z and Super.
Future Trunks, I don't think was ever the strongest Z-Fighter, but was in the top 2 quite frequently.
Tien saps his own life, but can keep up with people up to Future Trunks' level (Bojack movie included). Also, he surprise attacked Cell into the ground. And Buu, I think? I need to rewatch that arc.

Thematically speaking, Goku only becomes a major powerhouse in the series after Blue Kaioken comes up, and that's so far god damn down the line that it doesn't really deserve mentioning. Why is this idea of "only Goku" still permeating? o-O He spent more time incapacitated in Z than he did on screen!

And are you kidding me? o-O Hand knowledge, even without the ability to discard the opponent's hand, would be a huge advantage. Tells me straight-up how many blocks the opponent has, and how much they can stop an endless advance from Saiyan Empowered. Or heck, Red Ruthless with all their dual attacks could just look and decide if it was worth going to town.

Orange
Eh, it could have it's uses. More fuel for Gohan, frankly. Good thing Instants only Trigger once, could have been easily broken without that.

Namekian
Hello Side Deck fodder. >_> Side Deck we don't have. EH, the Instant is ok at best.

Blue
Hey, that isn't bad. Copy needed more support.

Black
More Bardock support. >_> Kay.

Saiyan
This isn't bad, but I think it's a bit hard to use outside of Empowered, as you suffer the same problem of 1PUR.

Red
Isn't bad either, I like Drills that do things in the discard pile because they can leave play so easily. I like it a lot.