Honestly radiant was always a good mastery. Most people just never gave it a fair shake. Some people were too comfortable with the established namekian masteries and some bought into the "hype" that radiant wasn't good. But I've seen several successful radiant builds. I switched my awakening cell build from restored to radiant and gained a lot more traction in set 7. When knowledge came back I switched it to knowledge, but I've been generally unsatisfied with that decision. I was going to switch back to radiant, but now I'll just probably wait for kami.

30 minutes ago, Majin Goo said:

Which is good. It just needed solid support. It wasn't a bad mastery, there just wasn't enough reason to really play it. I'm glad they're providing it with solid support.

Just. For the love of Super Kami Guru. Don't over compensate.

We don't need Red Enraged 2 Namekian Boogaloo

My main concern for it is still Broly and his ability to get crits every turn.  My girlfriend has a radiant slug deck and it has to be literally nothing but ways to get dragon balls out and to get them back when they get stolen.

1 hour ago, Majin Goo said:

Which is good. It just needed solid support. It wasn't a bad mastery, there just wasn't enough reason to really play it. I'm glad they're providing it with solid support.

I agree. I had a Piccolo deck with it shortly after release that was just OK. Eager to give something another go.

Considering that Setup works with Earth Balls only, I'm surprised it only counts the ones you control. I'm okay with that because it'd be stupid otherwise, but I would've thought they'd count all Earth Balls. Heck, Namekian Wish was dumb enough to count ALL Balls.

3 minutes ago, Mysterious Youth said:

Considering that Setup works with Earth Balls only, I'm surprised it only counts the ones you control. I'm okay with that because it'd be stupid otherwise, but I would've thought they'd count all Earth Balls. Heck, Namekian Wish was dumb enough to count ALL Balls.

I had the same thought. All I can figure is that they wanted to give either all balls and BAU or only your balls and no banish.

That's only a guess though

And with Namekian's rejuvenation, if they so choose to keep replaying this, it'd get irritating fast even if it just counts your balls.

Maybe I'm alone on this but I'm hoping Piccolo gets a new named card/level(s) sooner than later. Very disappointed they wasted his Light Grenade screenshot on a meh uncommon nobody plays. Card looks fantastic in Perfection foil too... I'd like if he had a level 1 that facilitated a (perhaps new) strategy/deck. His 3s don't do much or get you anywhere in any deck. They're there to stall you from getting to 4.

I know I'm bad at this game but I'm not really understanding the radiant mastery. Is it a damage master to give namekian some more gas or is it a dbv mastery? Or is it a combo of the two depending on how you build the deck around it?

20 minutes ago, thehoffman2787 said:

I know I'm bad at this game but I'm not really understanding the radiant mastery. Is it a damage master to give namekian some more gas or is it a dbv mastery? Or is it a combo of the two depending on how you build the deck around it?

And that's why it never got the proper attention. It's not obvious or intuitive. You really don't understand it until you play it a bunch. 

But to answer your question: it is all of the above. Dbv only has never been a reliable strategy in this game, so no straight dbv deck has ever had much success. That's why radiant slug never worked. And since that was the most obvious deck everyone tried that first and then got frustrated with the mastery when it didn't work. Radiant works best as a survival deck with dbv as an alternate win condition. The anger gain it provides is only enough to slime to your way to 2 or 3 depending on mp. So you'remostly just trying to work your way up to the optimal level for your build. From there you have a lot of options. The greatest strength of the mastery is the ability to switch between passive and aggressive strategies quickly. You can outlast your opponent with mill/rejuv, attack with direct damage, or bounce balls effectively. With the damage boost from the mastery and ball 1 you don't typically need to land many attacks to make a difference. Also it's great utility for cards that require balls like salvo, namekian smoothness drill, right throw, double strike, etc. Not to mention the ball bouncers like hurried quest and inheritance. You will need reliable ways to critical balls if you hope to ever win by dbv though.

I 100% was expecting Chilled to be a Black Personality tbh, and am a little disapointed that he's not. That said, he'd make a god damn fantastic Blue Personality. Go tunneling off to MPPV while knocking your opponent's anger down repeatedly.

I'm not sure what style I see chilled in yet, but he definitely has potential. His named attack is pretty great. He'll do well with attacks that do both damage types like black enraged assault and that new blue zinger. Off the top of my head I believe black and blue have the most options for those. 

I could see him work well in red (both masteries) and orange  (retribution or adept). Otherwise I'm not sure. Blue has plenty of strong physicals but no mastery really jumps out at me. Protective is always solid and might help with anger. Resolute actually could be great because the life card modifier becomes a stage modifier and the draw ability pairs well with chilleds own draw effects to reliably set up draws with things like positioning drill and blanketing blasts. On that note I guess adaptive would be viable too maybe. Probably not though.

I'm thinking either Red (Ascension or Ruthless should both work) with some of their crit/anger cards or Blue (Most likely resolute) for the free damage mod, and then all their discard cards for things cards for more advantage. Could potentially do black as well... but meh. 

The more I think about it the more I think resolute or adept might be his best masteries. The reason being his lv 1 is actually pretty mediocre unless it can hit for 5 stages. Most styles (except blue) struggle to do this at the start of the game without a built in modifier. Both adept and resolute will provide a +1 stage modifier to help get you there and both have plenty of +4 and +5 attacks to make this happen with that modifier. You can't rely on AT with chilled because his PUR and stages are crap. Ruthless can potentially do this too, but you have to wait a turn to get a red in the discard pile which gives your opponent time to set up. Once chilled is at 2 lots of strategies will work, but I'm predicting it will be key to get there as quickly as possible. 

I can also see ascension triple victory being very good, but slower to start. Same with retribution dual victory. 

I'm not really seeing much in black except for some dual damage type attacks. He could do great damage with the black drills too, but he wants to level and has no drill tech so that's pretty much out.

I was thinking the same about his PUR and stages, which I thought of using the drill that makes your AT 4, and one of the ones that increase your PUR as early targets for Adept or tutors.

He could gain a decent amount of stages through Ascension with the crit effects and his stage damage performing crits, especially the lower limit for critical damage on his later level. Ascension's skip might allow him to put the greatest amount of pressure on decks. He could get off level 1 fairly quickly in Ascension, might be stuck at 2, but I think once he gets to 3, he will level quickly with Red's CDE cards.

3 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I was thinking the same about his PUR and stages, which I thought of using the drill that makes your AT 4, and one of the ones that increase your PUR as early targets for Adept or tutors.

He could gain a decent amount of stages through Ascension with the crit effects and his stage damage performing crits, especially the lower limit for critical damage on his later level. Ascension's skip might allow him to put the greatest amount of pressure on decks. He could get off level 1 fairly quickly in Ascension, might be stuck at 2, but I think once he gets to 3, he will level quickly with Red's CDE cards.

That's what I was thinking when I mentioned ascension.

As for Black, it covers some of the issues V3rse brought up about reds lack of damage. Black has some decent straight lifecard attacks (As does Blue) that Chilled will turn into flat stage damage. Those should help him get the from his stage crit threshold, which you only need and will only get really once per combat unless your opponent is leveling. But I don't think it's reliable enough to build around. More like a cute little concept.

15 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

If he had any Drill support, Hidden Power Drill would be bru-tal here, I think.

Level 4 has the effect already :D Could just unleash your way up there with trailing blasts... Trailing Blasts, Tree of Might, Ruthless.... Oh god, he is Broly.