Artificial Human

Starter Deck Contents

1 hour ago, Artificial Human said:

http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/product/dbs-sd01.php

5 are exclusive, the only one is at playset. The remaining 4 non-Leader cards are at 2 each, have a much higher in cost and come at 2.

Good. I was worried about having to buy 4 starter decks for my play set of the exclusive cards. 2 won't be so bad. 

1 hour ago, KittyKitKatington said:

Vegetal Prince of Speed seems like a really good card, especially if there is not going to be a lot of card draw.

I've found through play testing most games end at about turn 5. He'll be a good push for game in the late game. 

1 hour ago, Majin Goo said:

Good. I was worried about having to buy 4 starter decks for my play set of the exclusive cards. 2 won't be so bad. 

I've found through play testing most games end at about turn 5. He'll be a good push for game in the late game. 

Are you combining the demo decks to make full-sized decks to test? What's the time for the games? Turn 5 sounds very "shit that's way too fast and boring." So a time frame would be more helpful/calm me down :)

Also, can someone explain Evolve in a little more detail? Can you play God Charge Son Goku for 6 Energy, just as a battle card or use the Evolve skill to only play him for (I think) 5 Energy?

27 minutes ago, Stryyder said:

Just saw a blurb on Facebook, Bandai is pre-selling some starter decks at anime expo in 2 weeks.  Hmm...if only we knew someone who goes to AX.  Someone who actually runs the gaming room at AX.  But where would we find such a person...:ph34r:

Are you opening the favor line again good sir? 

I think for this one I may have to do a post-con sale.  Bandai/DBS seems to have some language barriers in their communications so I'm not sure how much they'll have, how much I can buy etc.  So I'll likely get as many as I can handle and then post here afterward with the spoils (at the normal "help a brotha" rate of course, I know some people are going to JACK these on eBay and that sucks).

On 6/16/2017 at 1:16 PM, Stryyder said:

I think for this one I may have to do a post-con sale.  Bandai/DBS seems to have some language barriers in their communications so I'm not sure how much they'll have, how much I can buy etc.  So I'll likely get as many as I can handle and then post here afterward with the spoils (at the normal "help a brotha" rate of course, I know some people are going to JACK these on eBay and that sucks).

If you do that @Stryyder count me in!

Yeah, generic blue/green.  Some fun interactions with Mirai Trunks and Goten, but mostly generic "play, attack, pass" stuff, which is actually pretty solid for a demo deck (though I may just be impressed after dealing with Panini style demo "decks")

Turns are pretty quick.  Essentially:

untap, play energy card, tap energy cards to play characters/extra cards, attack with cards, done

I only found myself playing 1-2 cards per turn, even late game.  Choosing combo cards was pretty quick.  Granted all this will take longer when we have cards with more effects on them.  First game with demo decks, learning as we played, took about 20-30 min.  I'd say that will be average, since play will be faster once the rules are second nature, but more card effects will make up for that time saved.

25 minutes ago, Stryyder said:

Turns are pretty quick.  Essentially:

untap, play energy card, tap energy cards to play characters/extra cards, attack with cards, done

I only found myself playing 1-2 cards per turn, even late game.  Choosing combo cards was pretty quick.  Granted all this will take longer when we have cards with more effects on them.  First game with demo decks, learning as we played, took about 20-30 min.  I'd say that will be average, since play will be faster once the rules are second nature, but more card effects will make up for that time saved.

Thanks, Stryyder. I was hoping the game would be somewhere between the length of PanZ games (which is fine to me), and being so stupidly short it doesn't seem worth playing. Half an hour certainly sounds good in my book. Anything less than that was a little bit of a turn-off.