Artificial Human

(Pan Z) I want to build Android 17 and 18

14 posts in this topic

Anyone got some Pan Z ideas for Android 17 and 18 that aren't beatdown? Nearly every deck I build ends up as some variation of Beatdown. I want to get away from that.

Black 17 with FanZ level 1 camp. Use all the jank black cards like Black Taunt that force your opponent to draw (And thus discard) and then all the black attacks for life card damage. 

1 hour ago, Artificial Human said:

Anyone got some Pan Z ideas for Android 17 and 18 that aren't beatdown? Nearly every deck I build ends up as some variation of Beatdown. I want to get away from that.

Everything in the game is a variation of beatdown brah.  Just sometimes you db or mppv before you beat them down.

Orange Ret 18 could be interesting, but Orange Ret is such that pretty much anyone can run it and do decently well so long as the person behind the wheels is a little familiar with their plays. Still though, the ability to shuffle your drills back in during your opponent's combat and redraw could be valuable at level 1, and you'd be hitting  level 2 awfully fast.

As for 17, I got no clue. Try as I might, I've never gotten him to work in Red. His Ally focus might work well with some Orange styles with their newer drills, but it doesn't feel like the reward is worth the cost. Try Black, as someone else suggested. He might pull off some fun moves.

2 hours ago, Amanax said:

Black 17 with FanZ level 1 camp. Use all the jank black cards like Black Taunt that force your opponent to draw (And thus discard) and then all the black attacks for life card damage. 

Black and Blue Fan Z 17 are totally things I want to play, but given I didn't get to play Pan Z post Set 3 as much as I wanted to, I want to to try out the MPs I haven't gotten a chance to play with yet in their original forms.

1 hour ago, ChangelingBard said:

Everything in the game is a variation of beatdown brah.  Just sometimes you db or mppv before you beat them down.

True, but I'm getting a little bored of really mindless decks that just draw all the cards or for energy decks, deal all the damage and cost little stages. No real thought or what not. I actually ended up making Rampaging Trunks just because I felt like I was giving myself a handicap. :/

36 minutes ago, Denithan said:

Orange Ret 18 could be interesting, but Orange Ret is such that pretty much anyone can run it and do decently well so long as the person behind the wheels is a little familiar with their plays. Still though, the ability to shuffle your drills back in during your opponent's combat and redraw could be valuable at level 1, and you'd be hitting  level 2 awfully fast.

Thanks. I'll look at Orange Ret 18.

Denithan likes this

You know, while we're talking about these android personalities, I'm kind of curious. Do you lot think there's still room for Androids 19 and 20 in this current meta game at all, or if there was EVER room for them in the meta?

1 hour ago, Denithan said:

You know, while we're talking about these android personalities, I'm kind of curious. Do you lot think there's still room for Androids 19 and 20 in this current meta game at all, or if there was EVER room for them in the meta?

Was there ever room for 20? You mean one of the best Orange decks ever that won the first World Championships? lol

As far as 17/18 go Blue Mill 17 KINDA works...

Denithan likes this

Blue Mill 17 works pretty damn well. I was more of a fan of the blue build that played combat control and could turn a game around in 1 solid combat. Someone played 17 in the first worlds and his decklist was close to mine. 

For 18, I had alot of fun with her back in set4 days using Adept, oddly enough. It was jank I'll admit, but I had fun with it. I also made Adaptive 18 and used devouring drills to level but now if I were to try it I would go the unleashed route with like, Dressing Room attached. Making her base 0 damage attacks hit for 5 felt awesome. (Aura and A.Attack Drill plus mastery)

For current 17, you can jump on retro and lookup that ladyboy who is 17's #1 fan on retro. She apperently does well with his non-fanz stack. 

sh0ryu_repp4 likes this

34 minutes ago, Vile said:

For current 17, you can jump on retro and lookup that ladyboy who is 17's #1 fan on retro. She apperently does well with his non-fanz stack. 

Yeah her mill deck is probably the best ive seen.

7 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Was there ever room for 20? You mean one of the best Orange decks ever that won the first World Championships? lol

More meant that one about A19, but still, fair point xD

13 minutes ago, Denithan said:

More meant that one about A19, but still, fair point xD

A19 was fine, just no one wanted to bother with his awesome attach theme when you could just mill with 20.  

A19 was always tier 3 at best. Especially since there weren't many good attach cards. I tried several off the wall ideas with him back in the day but never got much traction. He's probably better now with the increased card pool though. The lv 1 is still garbage though. He needs a new lv 1 to shine.