Thearbiter20x6

ARMS Nintendo Switch

Any of you get ARMS for the Switch?  I'm having a major issue with the game.

IT'S KICKING MY ASS.

Particularly, I am having difficulty with the Mechanica training stage.  Yes.  I'm getting rekt by training levels.  I still need to practice a lot more but dang I could use some pro tips.  Today I found out that I suck with the motion controls (which is a shame because they seem like they would be precise if my arms and hands weren't all over the place).  I have only done the faceroll Grand Prix level 1 and some versus online matches (lost most of those >.>).

I've read that this is common for beginners that that the game is legitimately difficult.  I am hoping practice will win the day but yeah...

I've thought about getting this game but then I decided against it. For me personally I get bored with fighting games pretty fast with the exception of a few titles like Smash Brothers. From the demo I had fun for about 15 minutes and then I started getting bored. If it becomes a Nintendo Select title I'll probably pick it up though. 

I actually got to play ARMS for the first time at CEO last weekend and damn I was floored with how impressed I was with it, when I expected nothing from it. My advice is... USE THE CONTROLLER. Motion controls are horse shit. As fun as it is to pop your ultra and Jojo ORAORAORA your opponent it isn't worth the trade off of the god awful motion tracking for basic movement.

2 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I actually got to play ARMS for the first time at CEO last weekend and damn I was floored with how impressed I was with it, when I expected nothing from it. My advice is... USE THE CONTROLLER. Motion controls are horse shit. As fun as it is to pop your ultra and Jojo ORAORAORA your opponent it isn't worth the trade off of the god awful motion tracking for basic movement.

HAHAHA yeah it feels SO GOOD to rush somebody with motion controls, but when I punch, I tend to do a FULL REAL LIFE PUNCH and so my arms and hands go everywhere, messing up the motions.  I think if I were to hold them stationary and do appropriate quick jabs with the appropriate curving while keeping their positions relative to me and each other intact, then the motion controls would be great.  But I realized I just can't do that.  Whenever I use motion controls I get way into it (when playing Skyward Sword I would often play standing up cuz when I swing that sword I MEAN IT). 

Today is controller experiment day! I want to be good so badly because the game is fun.

I'm debating.  I may wait until I get a chance to try it on someone else's system, but I also have a bunch of friends that I do "Mario Kart" nights with at conventions, so I may want to pick it up so we can all play it together.  As with Numanumaking, I can't see myself playing it all that much, but local multiplayer maybe.

And yeah, from what I've heard the motion controls lose every time to someone joysticking it.