Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Majin Goo

New FanZ CRD...

49 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, v3rse said:

Honestly the only drill outside of orange that I can even think of that would be effected by the memory change in any significant way is red forward stance drill. And like you said, even being able to use that multiple times per combat was quite rare. The other styles simply don't have enough tech to bounce drills. Not to mention not many drills with activated powers. So to me it's a non issue.

I've had a few saiyan decks that would bounce drills, but like you said it really doesn't effect the overall deck. Most of their powers were constants anyways.

Also @Thearbiter20x6 West Kai was a ton of fun and yes, orange made a splash there too. Several of the top decks were orange, only one of them was not running bicycle kick. Also side note, next time you make a wonky deck that no one has heard of and do well with it at a tournament, could you please remind me that I can't test the deck the night before I go to a large event? Thanks ;_;

ChangelingBard likes this

8 hours ago, Amanax said:

I've had a few saiyan decks that would bounce drills, but like you said it really doesn't effect the overall deck. Most of their powers were constants anyways.

Also @Thearbiter20x6 West Kai was a ton of fun and yes, orange made a splash there too. Several of the top decks were orange, only one of them was not running bicycle kick. Also side note, next time you make a wonky deck that no one has heard of and do well with it at a tournament, could you please remind me that I can't test the deck the night before I go to a large event? Thanks ;_;

Hahaha can do!  I wish I could have gone to West Kai so very badly.  It's just too expensive considering I live in Virginia.  It's not even that I can't afford it, but it is very tough to justify spending so much money just to play a little bit of cards.  How many people showed up? 

I have SO MANY decks I want to try out!!! It's driving me crazy.  They have been tested extensively and are all ready to roll, too!

1 hour ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

Hahaha can do!  I wish I could have gone to West Kai so very badly.  It's just too expensive considering I live in Virginia.  It's not even that I can't afford it, but it is very tough to justify spending so much money just to play a little bit of cards.  How many people showed up? 

I have SO MANY decks I want to try out!!! It's driving me crazy.  They have been tested extensively and are all ready to roll, too!

I live in California and it was still a 7 hour drive for me and I worked that friday. I'm not driving 7 hours from 11 o'clock the night before for what's basically a local and to be tired the whole day and still have to drive back the same night because I worked Sunday. 

42 minutes ago, Littlebig said:

I live in California and it was still a 7 hour drive for me and I worked that friday. I'm not driving 7 hours from 11 o'clock the night before for what's basically a local and to be tired the whole day and still have to drive back the same night because I worked Sunday. 

Myself and the three I traveled with drove 11 hours, got there, crashed, woke up, played, and drove 11 hours. If we can do it, you can do it =P

17 hours ago, Denithan said:

I'm not going to lie, I kind of feel like part of that was caused by just a pretty prominent lack of communication between FanZ and the PanZ community. It's a bit hard to maintain hype (or relevancy) if you don't make an active effort of open and constant communication, even between major releases/updates. I'm not sure if it's gotten better yet, but I remember there being a few big points that the blog failed to tell the community about.

One of the problems was to many people starting there own version of the game confusing ppl, instead of focusing on one project it was going ever which way. I do hope they continue the project though

v3rse likes this

2 hours ago, Amanax said:

Myself and the three I traveled with drove 11 hours, got there, crashed, woke up, played, and drove 11 hours. If we can do it, you can do it =P

how many ppl attended these kai's?

2 hours ago, Amanax said:

How man you people were there though? Was it worth it? I also didn't want to sleep in my car and get all sweaty and smelly. That's a big no for me. 

13 hours ago, Amanax said:

We require a report, ASAP!

3 minutes ago, ChangelingBard said:

We require a report, ASAP!

It would be the shortest of all reports - I didn't play test, I went against my original plans, I had a really close game one where I could havewon if Freezing Drill had been one card lower in my deck during a damage flip. I messed up sequencing in round 4 against a Blue Yamcha who top cut and it cost me the game. Round 5, because I failed my sequence i end up playing against a Red Ascension Trunks that proceeds to show me all the reasons I hate Red Trunks.  In the end, I spent 22-23 hours in the car to go 2-3. The real story is with the Orange Frieza player who top 4'd from my play group.

- Also, there were 28 players there. Had a ton of fun with almost everyone I met. The best match was against an empowered broly that got locked down by wall breaker, arm breaker and had snoozing drill in play. Poor guy couldn't do anything. 

ChangelingBard likes this

I also had fun at Western Kai. While I got Top Black, I just missed the cut. It was great not to be judging since I did it in the last two regionals there. A lot of good vibes there for a "dead" game.

I also find it amusing how people say they can't go play DBZ because of X excuses and wonder why some people have stopped playing. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Just now, Hellsfire said:

I also had fun at Western Kai. While I got Top Black, I just missed the cut. It was great not to be judging since I did it in the last two regionals there. A lot of good vibes there for a "dead" game.

I also find it amusing how people say they can't go play DBZ because of X excuses and wonder why some people have stopped playing. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Congrats on that by the way!

You were the black goku right?

38 minutes ago, Amanax said:

Congrats on that by the way!

You were the black goku right?

Nope. I played Tien. I think I barely beat out Black Tao for it. He was seated two seats down from me and I won my last match.

Oooh, you were the Tien that just went full wombo combo on one of the players in my group I think. I heard good things about your deck =D

3 hours ago, soviet prince said:

One of the problems was to many people starting there own version of the game confusing ppl, instead of focusing on one project it was going ever which way. I do hope they continue the project though

See, I didn't really get exposed to any other variants of the game (other than small local variants that would pop up on this forum and die off a day or two after), but I can kind of see how that would cause issues. Beyond that though, weren't there entire Kai events that went unmentioned and unannounced on The Dead Zone?

2-3 months of no real sound on a subject, including TV shows, can straight be the end of them as they become a bit less relevant on a day-to-day level.
Also, not saying this is the reason it's struggled, just addressing that it is definitely one of the reasons.

23 hours ago, Denithan said:

I'm not going to lie, I kind of feel like part of that was caused by just a pretty prominent lack of communication between FanZ and the PanZ community. It's a bit hard to maintain hype (or relevancy) if you don't make an active effort of open and constant communication, even between major releases/updates. I'm not sure if it's gotten better yet, but I remember there being a few big points that the blog failed to tell the community about.

There's only 3 people in my playgroup aside from myself who play FanZ at our locals while other players I've talked to who used to play PanZ had no interest in it due to how Panini sold us out with Bandai Namco again like in 2008 especially with the low player turnout my area had at the last Midwest Madness event at Collector's Cache which was to be expected but they had at least 20 players based on what one of my friends told me who participated so it could've been worse.

The CRD was updated again on July 6th.

FanZ just limited Unleashed to one per deck. That means Unleashed is now BAU and limit 1 per deck. I feel like I can finally get back to playing this game without having to deal with broken auto-pilot decks. 

1 hour ago, SirCod said:

The CRD was updated again on July 6th.

FanZ just limited Unleashed to one per deck. That means Unleashed is now BAU and limit 1 per deck. I feel like I can finally get back to playing this game without having to deal with broken auto-pilot decks. 

That's only Legacy decks brah. 

2 minutes ago, SirCod said:

What's Legacy?

Legacy Bonus

FanZ will be accommodating the Legacy Bonus introduced in the final Panini DBZ CRD. However, there will be some additional rules and restrictions in order to maintain balance.

These MPs may be paired with Mastery Cards on the Frozen List:

Black Devious Mastery: Krillin, Frieza, Piccolo, Captain Ginyu, Vegeta (Villain alignment only), Nail, Nappa, Raditz, Tenshinhan, Turles, Lord Slug, Garlic Jr., Dr. Wheelo, Android 16, Android 17, Android 18, Android 19, Mercenary Tao, Hercule, Cell Jr.

Red Enraged Mastery: Krillin, Frieza, Piccolo, Captain Ginyu, Vegeta (Villain alignment only), Nail, Nappa, Raditz, Tenshinhan, Turles, Lord Slug, Garlic Jr., Dr. Wheelo, Android 16, Android 17, Android 18, Android 19, Mercenary Tao, Cell, Cell Jr.

• If you choose to use the Legacy Bonus, you MAY NOT include in your deck or MP stack any cards from Celestial Tournament, Legends, or any future FanZ release.

• If you choose to use the Legacy Bonus, the following Deck Construction Rules will apply:

• The following cards gain “Limit 1 Per Deck”

• Black Smoothness Drill (Premiere S96, Vengeance P1)

• Black Memories (Awakening R101)

• Black Strength Display (Awakening R104)

• Assisted Kamehameha (Awakening UR142)

• Red Flourish (Awakening U94)

• Red Driving Knee (Awakening C41)

• Unleashed (Vengeance UR142)

6 minutes ago, ChangelingBard said:

Legacy Bonus

FanZ will be accommodating the Legacy Bonus introduced in the final Panini DBZ CRD. However, there will be some additional rules and restrictions in order to maintain balance.

These MPs may be paired with Mastery Cards on the Frozen List:

Black Devious Mastery: Krillin, Frieza, Piccolo, Captain Ginyu, Vegeta (Villain alignment only), Nail, Nappa, Raditz, Tenshinhan, Turles, Lord Slug, Garlic Jr., Dr. Wheelo, Android 16, Android 17, Android 18, Android 19, Mercenary Tao, Hercule, Cell Jr.

Red Enraged Mastery: Krillin, Frieza, Piccolo, Captain Ginyu, Vegeta (Villain alignment only), Nail, Nappa, Raditz, Tenshinhan, Turles, Lord Slug, Garlic Jr., Dr. Wheelo, Android 16, Android 17, Android 18, Android 19, Mercenary Tao, Cell, Cell Jr.

• If you choose to use the Legacy Bonus, you MAY NOT include in your deck or MP stack any cards from Celestial Tournament, Legends, or any future FanZ release.

• If you choose to use the Legacy Bonus, the following Deck Construction Rules will apply:

• The following cards gain “Limit 1 Per Deck”

• Black Smoothness Drill (Premiere S96, Vengeance P1)

• Black Memories (Awakening R101)

• Black Strength Display (Awakening R104)

• Assisted Kamehameha (Awakening UR142)

• Red Flourish (Awakening U94)

• Red Driving Knee (Awakening C41)

• Unleashed (Vengeance UR142)

Well that's gay. Oh well.