Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
manoftomorrow010

Anime Expo event news

13 posts in this topic

My wife is going to try and get the goku and maybe the scouter if she can.  I'm more interested in the DBS starters and maybe the SSGSS Goku Figure Rise model kit that Tamashii is preselling.

They're definitily king of marketing. I still haven't met one person that knows what MetaX is which sucks because I love Justice League but I can't get one person on board. 

sh0ryu_repp4 likes this

17 minutes ago, Majin Goo said:

They're definitily king of marketing. I still haven't met one person that knows what MetaX is which sucks because I love Justice League but I can't get one person on board. 

The worst part of the failure of marketing that is MetaX is that the more information about it that is released the more solid of a game it looks.  I remember the first pokemon deck I ever got was from my Grandma.  I wrote her an email (my first one in fact!) where we talked about Pokemon and a week later I got a package with a deck in it.  I can only imagine that if I ever wrote my Gma an email about "MetaX" she would probably think it was a new weight loss drug.

So AX has come and gone.  Bandai did pretty well.  They had 4 separate booths for various things.  As for the game stuff:

Demo decks - generic demos at their tables, giving away Goku promos.

Starters - they sold a lot, but still had some left over after the show.

Bonus Promo Trunks - They had a "Puzzle Hunt" game going. Basically you started at the Toei booth, they gave you a pamphlet.  In it were 5 locations with puzzle banners.  Once you solved all the puzzles you brought it to the demo booth and got the Trunks promo.  From there you take it across the way to a different hall where you "Summon Shenron" and they give you a cardboard "SS Rose" hair crown.  Finally you go back to the Toei booth, fold up the pamphlet to where it looks like Trunks's sword and "defeat Zamasu", which earns you a Goku Black Rose pin....Or you could ignore those last 2 parts and keep going back to the demo booth and getting more Trunks promos.

The trunks promo is a 3(2B) drop, 15000 atk, if you have 5 or more energy in play Trunks and your Leader each get +5000.  This card supposedly will be in tournament kits shortly.

2 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

That Trunks sounds pretty cool. Did you buy any of the starters?

Got a little bit of everything, not as much as I would have liked to, given time constraints and budget.

1 minute ago, Stryyder said:

Got a little bit of everything, not as much as I would have liked to, given time constraints and budget.

Nice. Did they have just that Blue starter?

That's the only starter for set 1.  The Vegeta pack that everyone keeps thinking is a starter is actually a bonus pack that will have a vegeta promo and 4 boosters in it.

manoftomorrow010 likes this

Just now, Stryyder said:

That's the only starter for set 1.  The Vegeta pack that everyone keeps thinking is a starter is actually a bonus pack that will have a vegeta promo and 4 boosters in it.

ohhhhh!!